Subject: RE: [magma] Multicast Group Membership Discovery MIB questions

From: "kishore P" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 01:10:19 -0400

Hi Karl,

Regarding the group timer, it is right to say it is being used as the filter 
timer ( RFC explaination) to change from exclude mode to include mode. It 
was a misnomer in my explanation to place group timer for the 
mgmdRouterCacheExpiryTime, instead a seperate timer is maintained (for sake, 
call it) groupExpiryTimer which is updated using Group Membership Interval 
(GMI), it is set whenever membership report is received, and also reset to 
small value (last member query interval) when sending  group-specific 
messages to find out any interested hosts on the network. This is the 
parameter that needs to be associated with the mgmdRouterCacheExpiryTime.

May be it is right to add the filterTimer too to the mgmdRouterCacheTable so 
that this info can be viewed by the user to know when the filter mode would 
change from exlude to include. This is valid for routers that are configured 
as IGMPv3 or MLDv2.

Rgds,
Kishore

_______________________________________________
magma mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/magma