Subject: [magma] Multicast Group Membership Discovery MIB questions & comments

From: "Kimball, Karen E" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 16:03:51 -0700

Sorry for such late feedback, and please forgive any areas that have
already been discussed to death.

What follows are some suggestions/issues for the Multicast Group
Membership Discovery MIB.

1) In the MgmdHostInterfaceEntry table, there is no object for
mgmdHostInterfaceVersion3QuerierTimer.
	It seems that at this point, with specs well out for IGMPv3 and
MLDv2, this should be added.

2) In the MgmdHostInterfaceEntry table, the   "mgmdHostInterfaceVersion"
object seems as if it ought to either be RENAMED
"mgmdHostMaxInterfaceVersion" (for clarity), or that if this is in fact
the CURRENT Interface Version on the host, that the text description for
the object should be modified.

3) In the MgmdHostCacheEntry table, the object
"mgmdHostCacheLastReporter"  describes the last membership report
RECEIVED for a given group address. Being as this is a  host table,
should that instead be the last membership report SENT for the group
address?

4) In both the MgmdHostCacheEntry table, and the MgmdRouterCacheEntry
table, the description says that the mgmdXXXCacheLastReport object value
is 0::0 if no membership report has been received (sent?). IF no report
has been received/sent yet, why is the entry in the table at all? It
seems that it should not be added to the cache until an actual report
occurs.

The MIB is otherwise looking good, and is much more concise than the
original (so many years ago).

Best Regards,
	Karen Kimball

_______________________________________________
magma mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/magma