Subject: Faculty Positions at Washington University

From: [email-masked] (Catalin Roman)
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 10:11:24 -0600 (BLT)

Washington University in Saint Louis
 Department of Computer Science
 
 Applications are invited for tenure-track faculty positions at the
 Assistant, Associate and Full Professor levels. Applicants should hold a
 doctorate in Computer Science or a closely related field, have a record
 of accomplishment in research, and demonstrate a strong commitment to
 teaching.
 
 Washington University is a leading private national university
 recognized for its world class intellectual contributions (20 Nobel
 Prize Laureates have been associated with the University), its
 exceptional resources (an endowment of $2.8 billion, among the largest
 in the nation), and its location in the midst of a delightful
 residential community which places much value on education and culture.
 With annual external research funding of $6.3 million, Computer Science
 is emerging as one of the preeminent departments in the University and
 the School of Engineering and Applied Science.  The Department plans to
 expand its size from 16 to 20 regular faculty.  This aggressive growth
 pattern will be accompanied by commensurate increases in departmental
 resources.
 
 The Department seeks outstanding candidates likely to develop
 synergistic relationships with existing areas of excellence within the
 department: networking and communications; distributed computing and
 object-oriented software technologies; graphics, visualization, and
 human interfaces; electronic commerce, artificial intelligence;
 computer architecture and engineering;
 theoretical computer science, algorithms, and  programming
 languages; and computational science with emphasis on biomedical
 applications.  Candidates with a strong background in electronic
 commerce, embedded systems design, graphics and visualization, and
 distributed databases will receive special consideration.  With the
 strong backing of the University and the School, the Department is
 committed to making significant investments in promising new areas of
 study and to providing the kind of resources and environment that will
 enable new faculty members to flourish intellectually.  Academic couples
 seeking to co-locate are strongly encouraged to apply.   Research groups
 in search of a highly supportive institutional environment may also want
 to consider relocating to Washington University.
 
 For more information on our department, see our World Wide Web page at
 http://www.cs.wustl.edu.
 
 Qualified applicants should send a curriculum vita and the names and
 addresses of at least three references to Dr. Catalin Roman, Chairman,
 Department of Computer Science, Campus Box 1045, Washington University,
 One Brookings Drive, St. Louis, MO 63130-4899.
 
 Applications will be considered as they are received. Those received
 after February 1, 2000, may not receive full consideration.  Washington
 University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.