Subject: CFP Mobile Computing and wireless networks

From: Ivan Stojmenovic <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 13:11:53 -0500

CALL FOR PAPERS
Workshop on Wireless Networks and Mobile Computing
to be held on conjunction with ICPP2000
(www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~icpp2000 )
Toronto, August 21-24, 2000

SCOPE:
This workshop will focus on fundamental challenges and issues in
the fields of wireless networks and mobile computing. Our goal is to
bring together researchers in this hot field in order to identify the
fundamental challenges and future prospects of these important areas.
Indeed, it is well known that the areas of wireless communications and
mobile computing are redefining computing as a discipline. Applications
range from medical to military to industrial to societal. Topics of
interest include but are not limited to:

Routing, Broadcasting, Multicasting, Multiple access, Channel
assignment, Clustering, Mobility management, Efficient user location and
authentication strategies, Scalability and reliability, Scheduling,
Admission control, Quality of Service issues in wireless networks,
Multimedia traffic in wireless networks, Wireless ATM, Security issues,
Satellite networks, Mobile and wireless data delivery, Searching and
querying, Power optimization issues, Applications.

PAPER SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
Authors are invited to submit original unpublished papers not
exceeding 15 single-spaced pages including figures and references.
Papers should be submitted electronically in postscript format to one of
the Workshop Co-Chairs. If electronic submission is not possible,
please send four copies of the full manuscript to one of the Workshop
Co-Chairs:

Prof. Stephan Olariu
Dept. of Computer Science
Old Dominion University
Norfolk, VA 23529-0162, USA
[email-masked]

Prof. Ivan Stojmenovic
SITE
University of Ottawa
Ottawa, Ontario K1N 6N5, Canada
[email-masked]

All submitted papers will be refereed in accordance with
established standards. The accepted papers will be published as Workshop
Proceedings and will be distributed at ICPP2000. IEEE Press will publish
both the main conference proceedings and another volume containing all
workshop papers.

IMPORTANT DATES:
Submission deadline: March 31, 2000
Author Notification: May 15, 2000
Final Manuscript Due: June 1, 2000