Subject: DIAL M for Mobility -- Preliminary Call for Papers

From: "S.S.Ravi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 22:09:50 -0500

(Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies)

                    PRELIMINARY CALL FOR PAPERS

           4th International Workshop on  Discrete Algorithms and 
               Methods for Mobile Computing & Communications 
                       (DIALM for Mobility)

              August 11, 2000  Boston, Massachusetts, USA
                  In conjunction with ACM MobiCom 2000

                   Submission Deadline:  April  25, 2000

       Program Chair: Errol L. Lloyd 
                      Department of Computer and Information Sciences
                      University of Delaware
                      Newark, DE, USA
                      Email: [email-masked]

       Workshop URL : http://www.cis.udel.edu/~elloyd/dialm.d/home.html
 
SCOPE:

  Mobile computing and communications devices such as portable phones, 
laptops and palmtops will have an enormous impact on our lifestyle over 
the next several decades. The introduction of mobility raises a number 
of new research issues. This workshop is devoted to discrete algorithms 
and methods in the context of mobile and wireless computing and 
communications. The workshop is intended to serve as a forum for open 
discussions and lively debate, and to foster cooperation among 
practitioners and theoreticians. The workshop encourages submission of 
papers based on work-in-progress. Proposals for panels designed to 
generate lively discussions are also invited. 

  Contributions are solicited in all areas related to mobile computing and 
communications where discrete algorithms and methods are utilized, 
including, but not limited to: 

    distributed algorithms     frequency allocation  
    scheduling                 location tracking       
    site allocation            multihop packet radio networks 
    wireless networks          synchronization  
    cryptography and security  error correcting codes  
    handover (handoff)         telecommunications  
    modeling                   optimization  
    routing                    satellite communication 

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:

   All paper submissions and panel proposals will be handled 
electronically. Authors should e-mail a PostScript version of their full 
paper to [email-masked]. The font size should be at least 10 pt. The 
paper should not be longer than 10 single spaced pages using a standard 
10point font. Panel proposals may be submitted in ASCII or PostScript 
format. A panel proposal should include panel topic, sample questions 
the panel would address, and proposed panel members and moderator. 

   Since deadlines overlap, dual submission of papers to MobiCom and DIALM 
is encouraged.  Any paper accepted for MobiCom will automatically be 
removed from consideration for DIALM.

   To ensure that the PostScript versions of the papers can be 
printed, use PostScript version 2 or later. Also ensure that the paper 
fits on "US Letter" size paper (8.5X11 inches). Reference only standard 
Adobe printer fonts (i.e., Courier, Times, Roman, or Helvetica); other 
fonts may be used but must be included in the PostScript file. 

   Authors will receive a short email ack of their submission within two 
days of submission.  If this is not received, the authors should contact 
the Program Chair immediately. Authors should separately email the 
title, authors, mailing address, and abstract to [email-masked].

IMPORTANT DATES:

    Submissions due        :  April 25, 2000  
    Acceptance notification:  May 15, 2000 
    Final paper due        :  June 1, 2000
    Workshop               :  August 11, 2000