Subject: IEEE 802.11 code

From: Eleftheria Menegou <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 17:12:05 +0000 (GMT)

Dear All,

I am studying the IEEE 802.11 standard as part of my MSC project. I am
wondering if any of you knows whether there is already a simulation
implementation of IEEE 802.11 (preferably on MAISIE/PARSEC or C), and if
so if the code is available on the net.

Look forward to any replies and thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,
Eleftheria

---

From: Nikos Triantafillis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 18:12:15 +0000

Eleftheria,

UCLA's GlomoSim 1.2.3 has an implementation of IEEE 802.11 in Parsec/C.
However I don't know how complete it is and how close it is to the standard in
terms of including all of the protocol's functionality.

Have a look in http://may.cs.ucla.edu/projects/glomosim/ to download GlomoSim.

Nick.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nikos Triantafillis             E-Mail: [email-masked]
Dept. of Computer Science
University College London       Phone: +44 (0)171 419 3695
Gower Street                    Fax:   +44 (0)171 387 1397
London WC1E 6BT, U.K.           http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/N.Triantafillis
=============================================================================

In message <[email-masked]>,

---

From: SJ Lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 10:28:21 -0800 (PST)

Hi Eleftheria,

You can download Parsec Glomosim which includes IEEE 802.11 implementation
from the website at http://pcl.cs.ucla.edu/projects/glomosim/

Regards,

SJ