Subject: DIAL M Workshop (Final Call for Papers)

From: "S.S.Ravi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 09:59:36 -0400

(Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies.) 

                       FINAL CALL FOR PAPERS

           4th International Workshop on  Discrete Algorithms and
               Methods for Mobile Computing & Communications
                         (DIALM for Mobility)

              August 11, 2000  Boston, Massachusetts, USA
                  In conjunction with ACM MobiCom 2000
                      Sponsored by ACM SIGMOBILE

                   Submission Deadline:  April  25, 2000

     Workshop URL : http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~elloyd/dialm.d/home.html

SCOPE:

  Mobile computing and communications devices such as portable phones,
laptops and palmtops will have an enormous impact on our lifestyle over
the next several decades. The introduction of mobility raises a number
of new research issues. This workshop is devoted to discrete algorithms
and methods in the context of mobile and wireless computing and
communications. The workshop is intended to serve as a forum for open
discussions and lively debate, and to foster cooperation among
practitioners and theoreticians. The workshop encourages submission of
papers based on work-in-progress. Proposals for panels designed to
generate lively discussions are also invited.

  Contributions are solicited in all areas related to mobile computing and
communications where discrete algorithms and methods are utilized,
including, but not limited to:

    distributed algorithms     frequency allocation
    scheduling                 location tracking
    site allocation            multihop packet radio networks
    wireless networks          synchronization
    cryptography and security  error correcting codes
    handover (handoff)         telecommunications
    modeling                   optimization
    routing                    satellite communication

PROGRAM CHAIR:   Errol L. Lloyd
                 Department of Computer and Information Sciences
                 University of Delaware
                 Newark, DE, USA
                 Email: [email-masked]

PROGRAM COMMITTEE

       Amotz Bar-Noy, AT&T Labs and Tel Aviv University, Israel
       Anthony Ephremides, University of Maryland, USA 
       Aura Ganz, University of Massachusetts, USA 
       Juraj Hromkovic, RWTH Aachen, Germany 
       Bo Li, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong
       Jason Yi-Bing Lin, National Chiao-Tung University, ROC 
       Errol Lloyd, University of Delaware,USA -- Program Chair 
       Madhav Marathe, Los Alamos National Lab 
       Marina Papatriantafilou, Chalmers Univ. of Technology, Sweden
       Stephane Perennes, INRIA, France 
       Cynthia Phillips, Sandia National Laboratories, USA 
       Balaji Raghavachari, University of Texas at Dallas, USA 
       S.S. Ravi, SUNY Albany, USA -- Publicity Chair 
       Andrea Richa, Arizona State University, USA 
       Aravind Srinivasan, Bell Labs, USA 
       Martha Steenstrup, BBN, USA 
       Subhash Suri, Washington University, USA 
       Eli Upfal, Brown University, USA 
       Peter Widmayer, ETH Zurich, Switzerland 

STEERING COMMITTEE

       Ian Akyildiz, Georgia Tech, USA 
       Maurizio Bonuccelli, University of Pisa, Italy (Chair) 
       Afonso Ferreira, CNRS - I3S - INRIA - Sophia Antipolis, France
       Arunabha Sen, Arizona State University, USA. 

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:

   All paper submissions and panel proposals will be handled
electronically. Authors should e-mail a PostScript version of their full
paper to [email-masked]. The font size should be at least 10 pt. The
paper should not be longer than 10 single spaced pages using a standard
10point font. Panel proposals may be submitted in ASCII or PostScript
format. A panel proposal should include panel topic, sample questions
the panel would address, and proposed panel members and moderator.

   Since deadlines overlap, dual submission of papers to MobiCom and DIALM
is encouraged.  Any paper accepted for MobiCom will automatically be
removed from consideration for DIALM.

   To ensure that the PostScript versions of the papers can be
printed, use PostScript version 2 or later. Also ensure that the paper
fits on "US Letter" size paper (8.5X11 inches). Reference only standard
Adobe printer fonts (i.e., Courier, Times, Roman, or Helvetica); other
fonts may be used but must be included in the PostScript file.

   Authors will receive a short email ack of their submission within two
days of submission.  If this is not received, the authors should contact
the Program Chair immediately. Authors should separately email the
title, authors, mailing address, and abstract to [email-masked].

   All accepted papers will appear (7 to 10 pages per paper) in the
workshop proceedings, which will be published by ACM.

  A special issue of Discrete Applied Mathematics will be devoted to 
a selection of submitted  papers from this workshop. Full versions of
the DIALM papers selected to appear in this special issue of 
Discrete Applied Mathematics will be subjected to the standard 
thorough journal refereeing process before final acceptance for
the journal.

IMPORTANT DATES:

    Submissions due        :  April 25, 2000
    Acceptance notification:  May 15, 2000
    Final paper due        :  June 1, 2000
    Workshop               :  August 11, 2000