Subject: DIAL M Workshop (Early Registration Deadline: July 15, 2000)

From: "S.S.Ravi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 16:16:31 -0400

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

           4th International Workshop on  Discrete Algorithms and
               Methods for Mobile Computing & Communications
                         (DIALM for Mobility)

              August 11, 2000  Boston, Massachusetts, USA
                  In conjunction with ACM MobiCom 2000

     Workshop URL : http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~elloyd/dialm.d/home.html

     EARLY REGISTRATION DEADLINE: July 15, 2000

SPONSORS:

   (a) National Science Foundation.
   (b) ACM SIGMOBILE (in cooperation with ACM SIGACT)
   (c) Basic and Applied Simulation Science Group (TSA-2) of
       Los Alamos National Laboratory.

SCOPE:

  Mobile computing and communications devices such as portable phones,
laptops and palmtops will have an enormous impact on our lifestyle over
the next several decades. The introduction of mobility raises a number
of new research issues. This workshop is devoted to discrete algorithms
and methods in the context of mobile and wireless computing and
communications. The workshop is intended to serve as a forum for open
discussions and lively debate, and to foster cooperation among
practitioners and theoreticians. The conference program includes
three invited talks and 11 contributed papers. The list of contributed 
papers and the presentation schedule are available through the workshop 
URL given above.

REGISTRATION INFORMATION: 

  DIAL M Workshop registration is being conducted in conjunction with 
the MobiCom 2000 conference registration. Please see the Mobicom 2000 
home page (http://www.argreenhouse.com/mobicom2000) for registration
and related information. 

STUDENT TRAVEL GRANTS:

  Students attending DIAL M may apply for Student Grants to defray a
part of the cost of attending the workshop. Any student may apply
(presenting a paper is NOT a prerequisite). For further information,
please contact the DIAL M Program Chair Professor Errol Lloyd
([email-masked]). Funding for these grants is provided by the National
Science Foundation.

INVITED TALKS: 

  (a) ``Data Structures for Mobile Data'', by Leonidas Guibas 
        (Stanford University).

  (b) ``The Post-PC Era: It's about the New Services-Enabled 
        Internet'', by Randy Katz (University of California, Berkeley).

  (c) ``Application of a Theory of Simulation to Models of 
        Mobile Communication Systems'', by Chris Barrett 
        (Los Alamos National Laboratory).
                
PROGRAM CHAIR:   Errol L. Lloyd
                 Department of Computer and Information Sciences
                 University of Delaware
                 Newark, DE, USA
                 Email: [email-masked]

PROGRAM COMMITTEE

       Amotz Bar-Noy, AT&T Labs and Tel Aviv University, Israel
       Anthony Ephremides, University of Maryland, USA
       Aura Ganz, University of Massachusetts, USA
       Juraj Hromkovic, RWTH Aachen, Germany
       Bo Li, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong
       Jason Yi-Bing Lin, National Chiao-Tung University, ROC
       Errol Lloyd, University of Delaware,USA -- Program Chair
       Madhav Marathe, Los Alamos National Lab
       Marina Papatriantafilou, Chalmers Univ. of Technology, Sweden
       Stephane Perennes, INRIA, France
       Cynthia Phillips, Sandia National Laboratories, USA
       Balaji Raghavachari, University of Texas at Dallas, USA
       S. S. Ravi, SUNY Albany, USA -- Publicity Chair
       Andrea Richa, Arizona State University, USA
       Aravind Srinivasan, Bell Labs, USA
       Martha Steenstrup, BBN, USA
       Subhash Suri, Washington University, USA
       Eli Upfal, Brown University, USA
       Peter Widmayer, ETH Zurich, Switzerland

STEERING COMMITTEE

       Ian Akyildiz, Georgia Tech, USA
       Maurizio Bonuccelli, University of Pisa, Italy (Chair)
       Afonso Ferreira, CNRS - I3S - INRIA - Sophia Antipolis, France
       Arunabha Sen, Arizona State University, USA.