Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-manet-maodv-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 06:50:34 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Multicast Ad hoc On-Demand Distance Vector (MAODV) 
                          Routing
	Author(s)	: E. Royer, C. Perkins
	Filename	: draft-ietf-manet-maodv-00.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 25-Jul-00
	
The multicast operation of the Ad hoc On-Demand Distance Vector
(AODV) routing protocol (MAODV) is intended for use by mobile nodes
in an ad hoc network.  It offers quick adaptation to dynamic link
conditions, low processing and memory overhead, and low network
utilization.  It creates bi-directional shared multicast trees
connecting multicast sources and receivers.  These multicast trees
are maintained as long as group members exist within the connected
portion of the network.  Each multicast group has a group leader
whose responsibility is maintaining the group sequence number, which
is used to ensure freshness of routing information.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-maodv-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-manet-maodv-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-maodv-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.