Subject: Call for Papers: MoMuC2000 and IEICE special issue

From: Hiroyuki Morikawa <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2000 20:21:17 +0900

------------- MoMuC2000: Call for Papers ---------------

                    CALL FOR PAPERS

The 7th International Workshop on Mobile Multimedia Communications
                           MoMuC2000

              http://www.giti.or.jp/activity/momucj

                   Date: October 23.-26. 2000
                  Place: Waseda, Tokyo, JAPAN

                 Submission due: August 11, 2000
                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
   The 7th International Workshop on Mobile Multimedia Communications
(MoMuC2000) will provide an international forum for the discussion for
research in mobile multimedia communications and platforms regardless
of wireless and wired medium. The workshop, to be held in Tokyo,
Waseda, a city where the 1st MoMuC(MoMuC-1) was held back in 1993,
will bring together researchers, developers and practitioners working
in all facets of advanced mobile multimedia communications. The scope
of MoMuC2000 will include mobile multimedia systems and applications
together with associated mobile computing, broadband wireless
networking, video processing and enabling software technologies.
   The workshop will be corss-diciplinary, well focused, consisting
keynote speakers, tutorials, panels and solicited contributions with
the emphasis on innovations. An amount of time should be devoted to
informal discussion.   Authors are cordially invited to submit
previously unpublished papers including short papers. Papers with
regard to concept and proposal of immature idea are also welcome for
an inherent nature of workshop.   Technical visit to Yokosuka Research
Park(YRP) is also planned.
   Further information will be provided through MoMuC2000 web page with
the following URL.
http://www.giti.or.jp/activity/momucj

Suggested Areas
- Mobile multimedia applications and platforms
- Mobile computing and advanced mobile IP
- Source coding and channel coding for mobile multimedia including MPEG-4
- Distributed systems and mobile multimedia communications
- Mobile ad hoc networks
- Mobile multimedia networks
- High speed wireless packet systems and technologies
- Mobile multimedia applications and technologies in IMT-2000
- Intelligent Transportation System for mobile multimedia
- Internetworking of wired and wireless networks
- Next generation mobile Internet
- Mobile agent technology
- Enabling software technologies for mobile systems
- Quality of service in wireless and mobile networks
- Medium access/data link control
- Wireless networks management & service control for mobile multimedia
- Software radio for mobile multimedia

Workshop Committee
- Steering Committee:
   D. Goodman (Polytechnic University, USA)
   D. Raychaudhuri (NEC, Princeton, USA)
   H. Tominaga (Waseda University, JAPAN)

- Organizing Committee
   Chair: H. Tominaga(Waseda University)

- Technical Program Committee:
   Chair: T. Hattori(Sophia University)
   Co-Chairs: H. Yasuda(University of Tokyo)
              S. Komaki(University of Osaka)
              K. Aizawa(University of Tokyo)

- Local Organization Committee:
   Chair: M. Matsumoto(Waseda University)

- Secretariat:
   Ms. Noriko Hosokawa
   Global Information and Telecommunication Institute, Waseda University, 29-7
   Bldg. 1-3-10 Nishi-Waseda, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
   169-0051 JAPAN
   Tel. /Fax. +81-3-5286-9863
   E-mail: [email-masked]
   http://www.giti.or.jp/activity/momucj

Important Dates
Paper(Extended Abstract) Submission Deadline: 11 August 2000
                   Acceptance of Notification:  4 September 2000
                 Camera Ready Copy Submission: 22 September 2000

Instructions
Manuscripts must be in English and not exceed 3000 words and may include
figures and tables.
Each copy of the manuscript should include a cover page containing:
	1. Name of all authors
	2. Name of contact author, affiliation, return address, e-mail,
        telephone and fax numbers of contact author.
	3. A double-spaced, 100-word abstract containing no equations and
        printed in a 12 point or larger plain font suitable for
        electronic scanning.
	4. All other pages should be marked with the title of the paper,
        name of the first author, and page numbers.

For electronic submissions, file format will be disirable in whether
MS-Word 6.0/higher or Adobe PDF format.  On-line paper submission
is available at the following URL;

http://www.giti.or.jp/activity/momucj/submissions.html

Sponsors

Host:
MoMuC-J of IEICE,
Waseda University

Co-sponsors:
IEEE Commnucation Society Japan Chapter,
IEEE Communication Society,
IEICE (Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineering),
IPSJ (Information Processing Society of Japan),
IIEEJ (The Institute of Image Electronics Engineers of Japan),
ITE (The Institute fo Image Information and Television Engineers)

------------- IEICE special issue: Call for Papers ---------------

                               CALL FOR PAPERS

          IEICE Special Issue on Mobile Multimedia Communications

The IEICE (Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication
Engineering) Transactions on Communications announces a forthcoming
special issue on Mobile Multimedia Communications to be published in
April 2001.

Recently, intensive efforts are now underway to promote practical use
of mobile multimedia communications technologies; Progress has been
achieved in the international standardization activities such as
IMT-2000, IrDA, MPEG-4, etc. Many test bed experiments have been
carried out as mobile communications systems such as wireless ATM,
wireless Internet, etc. Also, various research and developments are
widely in progress in the field of application and terminal
technologies such as mobile contents, data broadcasting, PDA
terminals, information appliance, etc., and of networking technologies
such as mobile IP, quality of service, mobile agent, etc.

The purpose of this special issue is to present the recent advance of
mobile multimedia communications technologies including mobile
applications, terminals, network, broadcasting, etc., and to promote
future progress of research, development, and new applications of
mobile multimedia communications. We are calling for papers from
engineers in Japan and abroad. Submission of a paper presented at
MoMuC 2000, to be held in Tokyo during October 23rd to 26th, 2000, is
encouraged, but presentation of the paper at the workshop is not a
requirement for its inclusion in this special issue. Conversely,
presentation at the conference will not guarantee acceptance in the
special issue.

1.	Scope
Suggested topics include but are not limited to the following:

- Mobile multimedia applications and terminals
   Mobile computing, mobile contents, architecture for multimedia
   mobile terminals, mobile IP, personal multimedia applications,
   audiovisual compressions for mobile applications, security

- Mobile multimedia systems and implementations
   System architecture for mobile multimedia (including fast LAN),
   quality of service for mobile multimedia communications, agent
   systems, multimedia satellite, implementation techniques of advanced
   wireless systems for mobile multimedia, data integration for mobile
   communications, multimedia location service

- Network for Mobile Multimedia
   Broadband/fast wireless network (including wireless ATM), IP
   adaptive wireless access method, distributed networking, mobile
   multimedia advanced wireless techniques (including IrDA), multimedia
   data integrated service network for mobile communications

2.	Submission Instructions
Submitted papers will be reviewed by referees in accordance with the
regular rules of the Transactions Editorial Committee. The standard
number of pages is 8 for a paper and 2 for a letter. Refer to
``Information for Authors'' at the following web site for more
details; http://www.ieice.or.jp/eng/shiori/mokuji.html. Prospective
authors are requested to send four copies of their manuscripts to the
address below. ``Special Issue on Mobile Multimedia Communications''
should be placed on top of the first page.

Hirohisa Jozawa
NTT Department III (R&D Strategy Department)
Teishin Building 8F, 2-3-1, Otemachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 100-8116 Japan
Tel: +81 3 5205 5379, Fax: +81 3 5205 5369
E-mail: [email-masked]

3.	Paper Submission Deadline
Papers must be received by August 25, 2000.
                                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
4.	Special Issue Editorial Committee
Editor-in-Chief
Takeshi Hattori (Sophia University)

Secretary
Hirohisa Jozawa (NTT), Takehiko Kobayashi (YRP), Hisashi Miyamori (CRL)

Guest Editors
Hirotaka Nakano (NTT DoCoMo), Shiro Sakata (NEC), Tadanori Mizuno
(Shizuoka Univ), Kiyoharu Aizawa (Univ of Tokyo), Ki-ichi Matsuda
(Fujitsu Lab), Minoru Etoh (Matsushita), Hiroshi Watanabe (NTT),
Shuuichi Matsumoto (KDD Lab), Yoshihiko Akaiwa (Kyushu Univ), Shozo
Komaki (Osaka Univ), Mitsuji Matsumoto (Waseda University), Mitsuo
Iwama (Sharp), Kouichi Honma (Matsushita), Hiroshi Nakamura (NTT
DoCoMo), Fumiyuki Adachi (Touhoku Univ), Hiroyuki Morikawa (Univ of
Tokyo), Takuro Satoh (Niigata Univ)

* Please note that if accepted for publication, all authors, including
   authors of invited papers, should pay for the page charges covering
   partial cost of publication. Authors will receive 100 copies of the
   reprint.

----------------------------------------------------