Subject: Call for papers of ICN'01 & Final program of ECUMN'00

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 13:53:49 +0200

Please feel free to circulate this following :

	- call for papers of <bold>ICN'01</bold> (see
<underline><color><param>0000,0000,fefe</param>http://iutsun1.colmar.uha.fr/ICN01.html</color></underline>
) AND 

	- final program of <bold>ECUMN'00</bold>  (see <underline><color><param>0000,0000,fefe</param>http://iutsun1.colmar.uha.fr/ECUMN2000.html</color></underline> )

to interested colleagues.

Accept our sincere apologies if you receive multiple copies.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<center><bold>     CALL FOR PAPERS 

IEEE International Conference on Networking 

ICN'01 

July 11-13, 2001 - CREF, Colmar, France 

</bold></center>

GENERAL INFORMATION 

The 2001 International Conference on Networking (ICN'01) is sponsored by IEEE/Comsoc, IEEE/Computer, by IEE, by SEE and by WSES. ICN'01 is organized by academic, research and industrial societies will be held at the Technical Institute, Colmar, part of the University of Haute Alsace, France, from Wednesday July 11, 2001 to Friday July 13, 2001. The city of Colmar is ideally situated in the eastern part of France, near the German and Swiss borders. The city of Colmar has been working on its own Metropolitan Area Network (MAN) project, called OASICE, including LAN interconnection, PBX interconnection and interactive video. An exhibition illustrating these topics will be organized for industrial companies and development research institutes. 

In order to encourage closer interaction between academic and industrial ATM research communities, we solicit both academic research papers and industrial contributions. 

TOPICS OF SPECIAL INTEREST 

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to the following: 

  Communications switching and routing  

Communications modeling  

Communications security  

Computer communications  

Multimedia and multicast communications  

Internet environment  

Network Management and control  

Quality of Service (IntServ, DiffServ, …)  

Wireless Communications (Satellite, WLL, 3G)  

Voice over IP  

Java, Tina, Corba architectures Network signaling  

ATM networks  

ATM/IP integration  

Integrated services  

Traffic engineering  

Telecommunication networks architectures  

Performance evaluation, simulation  

Mobile agents, active and intelligent networks  

Applications and case studies  

Protocol design and evaluation  

MPLS 

These topics can be discussed in term of concepts, state of the art, standards, implementations, running experiments and applications. 

INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS 

Mail four papers or E-mail preferably in Word 6 format, or alternately a postscript version of a 2000-word extended abstract summarizing an original work. All the manuscripts must be written in English. The top of the first page of each paper should include the title of the paper, authors' name, position, address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail of the author responsible for correspondence and a list of four keywords. The deadline for submission of all extended abstracts is December 10, 2000 with notification of acceptance by February 20, 2001. Submission of camera-ready paper is by March 30, 2001. 

Authors of accepted papers will be invited to submit full-length manuscripts for inclusion in the proceedings with ISBN. 

All submitted papers should be sent to the following address: 

Pascal LORENZ 

University of Haute Alsace 

IUT - Department GTR 

34 rue du Grillenbreit 

68008 Colmar, France 

Phone: 33 (0)389202366 Fax: 33 (0)389202359 Mobile: 33 (0)603658042 

E-mail: [email-masked] 

Check our Web page at <underline><color><param>0000,0000,fefe</param>http://iutsun1.colmar.uha.fr/ICN01.html</color></underline> for the latest information concerning the conference. 

Best papers will be forwarded for consideration in a special issue of a journal. 

TUTORIALS AND WORKSHOPS 

Tutorials and workshops provide overviews of current high interest topics. Proposals for half of full day tutorials are due by December 10, 2000. 

INTERNATIONAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE 

R. Addie (Australia) - University of Southern Queensland 

K. Begain (Jordan) - Mu'tah University 

A. Benslimane (France) - University of Belfort-Montbeliard 

B. Bing (Singapore) - Ngee Ann Polytechnic 

D. Bonjour (France) - CNET 

A. Brandwajn (USA) - University of California Santa Cruz 

J.P. Coudreuse (France) – Mitsubishi 

J. Crowcroft (UK) – University College London 

S. Fdida (France) – LIP6 

B. Gavish (USA) - Vanderbilt University 

H. Guyennet (France) - University of Franche-Comte 

J. Halpern (USA) – Newbridge 

Z. Hulicki (Poland) – University of Cracow 

R. Israel (France) - IEEE 

A. Jajszczyk (Poland) - University of Mining & Metallurgy 

A. Jamalipour (Australia) - University of Sydney 

S. Kota (USA) - Lockeed Martin 

D. Kouvatsos (UK) - University of Bradford 

S. Kumar (USA) – Ericsson 

G.S. Kuo (Taiwan) – National Central University 

F. Le Faucheur (France) - Cisco 

M. Lee (Korea) – Dongshin University 

P. Lorenz (France) - University of Haute Alsace 

H.. Mouftah (Canada) - Queen's University 

G. Omidyar (USA) - Computer Sciences Corp. 

J.J. Pansiot (France) - University of Strasbourg 

M. Potts (Switzerland) - Martel 

Z. Mammeri (France) - University of Toulouse 

N. Mastorakis (Greece) - Military Institutions of University Education 

S. Moyer (USA) - Bellcore 

R. Muraine (France) - Newbridge 

G. Pujolle (France) - University of Versailles-Saint-Quentin 

S. Rao (Switzerland) - Ascom 

A. Reid (UK) - British Telecom 

S. Ritzenthaler (France) - Newbridge 

P. Rolin (France) - ENST Bretagne 

R. Saracco (Italy) - CSELT 

G. Swallow (USA) - Cisco 

H. Tobiet (France) – Clemessy 

M. Trehel (France) – University of Franche-Comte 

V.A. Villagra (Spain) – University of Madrid 

E. Vazquez Gallo (Spain) – University of Madrid 

O. Yang (Canada) - University of Ottawa 

IMPORTANT DATES 

Extended Abstract due: December 10, 2000 

Notification of acceptance: February 20, 2001 

Deadline for full-length camera-ready manuscript: March 30, 2001 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

<center><bold>1st IEEE European Conference on Universal Multiservice Networks  ECUMN'2000

 October 2-4, 2000 - CREF, Colmar, France

FINAL PROGRAM

</bold></center> 

08:30 - 18:30 Conference Registration

<underline>Monday October 2, 2000

</underline>

09:00 - 09:20 Opening Address 

09:20 - 10:30 Tutorial Session 1

Internet Services over Mobile and Wireless Networks: Architectures and Protocols

G. Omidyar, Computer Sciences Corp., USA ; M.J. Montpetit, Teledesic LLC, USA

10:30 - 11:00 Coffee Break

11:00 - 12:15 Network Architecture and Convergence

Chair: S. Ritzenthaler, Newbridge, France

MPLS and Next Generation Access Network

A. Kankkunen, Integral Access Inc, USA

Deutsche Telekom's View on Network Convergence

L. Falkenhagen Deutsche Telekom AG, Germany

A Functional Architecture for End-to-end Quality-of-Service in a Multi-domain Network

E. Pagani, G.P. Rossi, University of Milano, Italy

12:15 - 13:00 Panel Discussion 1 - Network Evolution and Convergence

13:00 - 14:30 Lunch

14:30 - 16:15 Traffic 

Chair: M. Villen, Telefonica I+D, Spain

The Relevance of the Bufferless Analysis for Traffic Management in Telecommunication Networks

G. Hasslinger, F. Hartleb, Telekom Innovations-GmbH, Germany ; M. Fiedler, University of Karlskrona/Ronneby, Sweden

Mapping of Loss and Delay Between IntServ and DiffServ

T. Chahed, G. Hébuterne, C. Fayet, National Institute of Telecommunications, France

Resource Demand of Aggregated Resource Reservations

J. Ehrensberger, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Switzerland

Characterization of the MPEG-2 Video Traffic Generated by DVD Applications

A. Chodorek, Kielce University of Technology, Poland ; R. Chodorek, University of Mining and Metallurgy, Poland

14:30 - 16:15 Interworking between narrow band and broadband networks

Chair: S. Chakraborty, Technical University of Helsinki, Finland

Integrating Euro-ISDN with ATM Technology: Interworking Mechanisms and Services Support

L. Mandalos, K. Leonidou, C. Andreopoulos, J. Drakos, S. Koubias, G. Papadopoulos, University of Patras, Greece

Extending the Internet with the Intelligent Network Capabilities

B. El Ouahidi, M. Bouhdadi, University of Rabat, Morocco ; D. Bourget, ENST, France

A Suitable Service Discipline for ATM-Ethernet Interconnection

J.M. Arco, D. Meziat, B. Alarcos, University of Alcala, Spain

Interoperability of ATM-Ethernet Interworking System: Design and Congestion Control

R. Ouni, A. Soudani, S. Nasri, M. Abid, R. Tourki, University of Monastir, Tinisia ; K. Torki, INPG, France

16:15 - 16:45 Coffee Break

16:45 - 18:30 Routing

Chair: P. Chemouil, France Telecom R&D, France

Adaptive Routing and Load Balancing of Ephemeral Connections

M. Heusse, ENST de Bretagne, France

A new Multi-Services Rerouting Algorithm

A. Gueroui, University of Versailles, France ; L. Mokdad University of Dauphine, France ; J. Ben-Othman University of Paris 6, France

Extending Mobile IP-v6 with Multicast to Support Mobile Networks in  IPv6

T. Ernst, C. Castelluccia, INRIA Rhône-Alpes, France ; H.Y. Lach, Motorola Labs, France

16:45 - 18:30 Interworking between IP and ATM

Chair: M. Potts, Martel, Switzerland

Topology Optimization of IP over ATM

L. Frelechou, M. Osborne, R. Haas, IBM Research, Switzerland

Resource Reservation with Boomerang via Open Interfaces

M. Maliosz, Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Hungary

Efficient Translation of Network Performance Parameters for Transport of IP Packets over Cell-Switched Subnetworks

J. Schmitt, M. Karsten, R. Steinmetz, Darmstadt University of Technology, Germany

Design of Adaptive Access Network and Control Protocol

H. Nakagawa, I. Kazunari, N. Ohta, NTT Information Sharing Platform Laboratories, Japan

19:15 Reception - Town Hall

<underline>Tuesday October 3, 2000

</underline>

09:00 - 10:45 End to end traffic Control (1)

Chair: U. Krieger, Deutsche Telecom, Germany

Guaranteed QoS for TCP flows in ATM-based DiffServ Networks

T. Müller, Dresden University of Technology, Germany

Virtual Buffering Strategy for GFR Services in IP/ATM Internetworks

S.C. Hu, Ming Shin Institute of Technology, Taiwan ; P.C. Wang, Y.C. Chen, National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan ; C.T. Chan, Chunghwa Telecom, Taiwan

An Efficient Weight Assignment Process for GPS Servers

G. Urvoy, PRISM, France ; G. Hebuterne, Institut National des Télécommunications, France

Some Aspects of RTP - TCP Coexistence in Universal Multiservice  Networks

R. Chodorek, University of Mining and Metallurgy, Poland

09:00 - 10:45 Mobile Networks and Mobile Services

Chair: G. Omidyar, Computer Sciences Corp, USA

Voice Enabled Request and Response for Mobile Devices Supporting WAP Protocol: the Constraints

A. Mohan, Himachal Futuristic Communications, India ; A. Mohan, Indian Institute of Technology, India

IP based enhanced Data Casting Services over Radio Broadcast Networks

W. Kellerer, P. Sties, J. Eberspächer, Munich University of Technology, Germany

Location-Dependant and Value Added Services (VAS) for Mobile Communications

P. Lorenz, University of Haute Alsace, France ; H. Tobiet, NMG, France 

The IP Revolution and Potential gains for ISP/Mobile/Fixed Telephony Operators in the Liberalization of Telecommunications

D. Vergados, D. Drakoulis, E. Vayias, J. Soldatos, N. Mitrou, National Technical University of Athens, Greece

10:45 - 11:15 Coffee Break

11:15 - 13:00 Multicast

Chair: G. Girardi, CSELT, Italy

A Scalable Fault Tolerant Approach to Core Election in an Inter-Domain Multicast Routing Environment

M.D.Ech-Cherif El Kettani, ENSIAS, Morocco; Y. Souissi, EMI, Morocco

A New Routing Algorithm for Delay-Constrained Dynamic Multicast

T. Asaka, NTT Service Integration Laboratories, Japan ; T. Miyoshi, Y. Tanaka, Waseda University, Japan

Remote Time-Alignment of Interactive Services through Efficient Multicast Algorithms

A. Borella, G. Cancellieri, University of Ancona, Italy

Key Establishment for IGMP Authentication in IP Multicast

T. Hardjono, B. Cain, Nortel Networks, USA

11:15 - 13:00 IP Test-beds

Chair: H. Tobiet, NMG, France

Real-Time Multimedia Services over Internet

A. Benslimane, Technical University of Belfort-Montbéliard, France

Telephony over IP: Theoretical Modelling and Lab Experiments

P. Senesi, P. Ferrabone, G. Gritella, R. Rinaldi, M. Siviero, CSELT, Italy

User-domain Multiservice Architecture for Wired and Wireless IP  Networks

L. Cheng, I. Marsic, The State University of New Jersey, USA

A Testbed Environment for the Performance Evaluation of Modular Network Architectures

D. Maggiorini, E. Pagani, G.P. Rossi, University of Milano, Italy

13:00 - 14:30 Lunch

14:30 - 16:15 Modeling

Chair: G. Hébuterne, INT, France

Estimation of the Renewal Function by Empiral Data - A Bayesian  Approach

N.M. Markovitch, Russian Academy of Sciences, Russia ; U.R. Krieger, T-Nova Deutsche Telekom, Germany

Modeling Access Networks for Quality of Service

F. Duran, T. Lizambri, S. Wakid, National Institute of Standards and Technology, USA ; D.R. Vaman, Megaxess, USA

Managing Wireless Internet Information of Electronic Advertising

E. Rashid, Y. Yoshioka, Hirosaki University, Japan ; Y. Nemoto, T. Nakamura, Tohoku University, Japan

Performance Evaluation of a full Memory Multidestination Protocol for Satellite Based Reliable Multicast with and without Local Recovery

H. Jianhua, K.R. Subramanian, Y. ZongKai, H. Ping, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore

14:30 - 16:15 Tariffs and Bandwidth Allocation

Chair: P. Lorenz, University of Haute Alsace, France

INEDAC Project: A Tool to Calculate Interconnection Tariff based on a Bottom-up Method

J.A. Portilla, K.D. Hackbarth, A.E. Garcia, University of Cantabria, Spain ; R. Wöhrl, F. Gonzalez, Institut für Kommunikationsdienste GmbH, Germany

Auction Method and its Performance in a Dynamic Bandwidth Allocation Service

E. Takahashi, Y. Tanaka, Waseda Universiy, Japan

Multivariable Feedforward Plus Feedback Control for Adapting MPEG Video Streams to Variable Channel Bandwidth

H.F. Raynaud, M. Luong, University of Paris Nord, France

Robust Topology for Enterprise Networks against Diverse Tariff Structures

T. Miyoshi, K. Mouri, Y. Tanaka, Waseda University, Japan ; T. Asaka, NTT Service Integration Laboratories, Japan

16:15 - 16:45 Coffee Break

16:45 - 18:30 End to end Traffic Control (2)

Chair: G. Hébuterne, INT, France

An Architecture of QoS Services for a Core Internet Network over DTM

C.J. Barenco, Polytechnic University of Madrid, Spain ; A.A. Salona, J.I. Moreno, University Carlos III of Madrid, Spain

Congestion Avoidance for Unicast and Multicast Traffic

A. Dracinschi, S. Fdida, University Pierre et Marie Curie, France

MPOA and QoS Support in LIS Internetworking Environments

I. Erturk, Kocaeli University, UK ; E. Stipidis, University of Sussex, UK

A Method for Increasing Throughput based on Packet Striping

F. Jacquet, M. Misson, IUT of Clermont-Ferrand, France

16:45 - 18:30 Advanced Networking

Chair: G.V. Morson, Cambridge Network, England

A New Network Service Environment using Active Network

K. Widoyo, T. Aoki, H. Yasuda, University of Tokyo, Japan

Adaptive Applications over Active Networks: Case Study on Layered Multicast

L. Yamamoto, G. Leduc, University of Liège, Belgium

Integrated Performance Monitoring of Client/Server Software

C. Steigner, J. Wilke, I. Wulff, University of Koblenz-Landau, Germany

Who needs Addresses ?

V. Guruprasad, IBM, USA

20:00 Gala Dinner - Restaurant Meistermann

<underline>Wednesday October 4, 2000

</underline>

09:00 - 10:00 Tutorial Session 2

Chair: P. Rolin, France Telecom R&D, France

Active Networks and its Management

M. Brunner, NEC Europe Ltd, Germany

10:00- 10:30 Coffee Break

10:30 - 11:45 New Architectures for New Services

Chair: A. Gravey, ENST-Bretagne, France

A Novel Architecture for Efficient Protocol Processing in High Speed Communication Environments

G. Konstantoulakis, V. Nellas, C. Georgopoulos, T. Orphanoudakis, N. Zervos, Ellemedia Technologies, Greece ; M. Steck, Hyperstone electronics GmbH, Germany; D. Verkest, Interuniversity Microelectronics Centre (IMEC), Belgium; G. Doumenis, D.Reisis, University of Athens, Greece; N. Nikolaou, J.A. Sanchez, Lucent Technologies, The Netherlands

Using Télédomotis Interface for a new Multiservice Network applied to Monitoring the Elderly

T. Val, E. Campo, IUT of Blagnac, France ; P. Kauffmann, M. Misson, University of Clermont II, France ; P.Y. Danet, France Télécom R&D, France

Video and Interactive Internet access in a DVB Network

R. Jaeger, BetaResearch, Germany

11:45 - 13:00 Panel Discussion 2 - New Architectures for New Services

13:00 - 14:30 Lunch

14:30 Visit of Vialis