Subject: Internet draft for TBRPF is available

From: Richard <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 16:58:21 -0700

A new Internet draft is available that describes TBRPF:

  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ogier-manet-tbrpf-00.txt

Title: Topology Broadcast based on Reverse-Path Forwarding (TBRPF)

Authors: Bhargav Bellur, Richard G. Ogier, Fred L. Templin

Abstract:

Topology Broadcast based on Reverse-Path Forwarding (TBRPF) is a
link-state routing protocol designed for use in a mobile ad-hoc
network (MANET) or an internet.  TBRPF provides each node with the
state of each link in the network, but does so much more efficiently
than flooding (e.g., OSPF).  TBRPF uses the concept of reverse-path
forwarding to efficiently and reliably broadcast each link-state
update along the minimum-hop-path tree rooted at the source of the
update.  The broadcast trees (one tree per source) are updated
dynamically using the topology information that is received along the
trees themselves, thus requiring very little additional overhead for
maintaining the trees. This document describes TBRPF and discusses
details for the implementation of TBRPF in IPv4-based MANETs.

Richard
-----------------------
Richard Ogier
Sr. Research Engineer
SRI International
333 Ravenswood Ave.
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Tel: 650-859-4216
Fax: 650-859-4812
Email: [email-masked]
------------------------