Subject: Source sequence number

From: SSDP143 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 12:35:35 +0300 (EEST)

Hi
what is the main goal of using the source sequence number, and is it a
fixed number for each node? and if so, what is the basis on which a  node
decides it's source seq number?
thanks

---

From: "Samir R. Das" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 09:02:57 -0400

Hi,

I assume that your question relates to AODV.

Source sequence number is the sequence number of the source node. Each node
X maintains a sequence number for itself. See Charlie's last email about the
details how sequence numbers are maintained. Sequence numbers serve somewhat
similar purpose as logical clocks, if you are familiar with the latter
concept.

The terms "destination sequence number" or "source sequence number" are
contextual. For example, if a node Y sends out an RREQ for a route to X, it
includes its own current sequence number in the RREQ message as well as the
last known sequence number of node X. Since node Y is the source and node X
is the destination, Y's sequence number is called the source sequence number
and X's sequence number is called the destination sequence number.

Hope this helps,

Samir

>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked]
>[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of SSDP143
>Sent: Tuesday, July 04, 2000 5:36 AM
>To: mobile adhoc group
>Subject: Source sequence number
>
>
>Hi