Subject: OLSR CODE

From: Anis LAOUITI <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 18:17:17 +0100

Hi all,

Here's the last release of olsr. This release is for linux 2.x.x.
A new release for freeBSD  will be available soon.

http://hipercom.inria.fr/olsr/

After unpacking olsrd.tar.gz in home directory, compile and install as
described after:

         run `` make all '' in the new olsrd directory.
         log as root.
         run `` make install '' in olsrd directory.
         run `` /usr/sbin/olsrd '' to startup the daemon.

This daomon runs in user space and no kernel modification is required.

So try it an let us know your comments

Anis LAOUITI

---

From: Joe Macker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 16:15:02 -0800

This dist looks small enough for integration in a trinux or picobsd like 
package to run out of RAMdisk (e.g., embedded controllers, diskless 
workstation,etc) for experiments.  Am I right about that? Has anyone 
thought of looking into that?  BTW, kudos on releasing this.

-Joe

---

From: Joe Macker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 16:27:05 -0800

Its been almost a year since I bugged the WG about submitting 
implementation reports and status on manet-related efforts.

This is just a friendly reminder about
http://tonnant.itd.nrl.navy.mil/manet/survey/survey.html

This page has some past reports  and a simple template for people to update 
me on more recent or new information.  Please let me know about ongoing 
projects even if code isn't releasable at the present. Yes, I do also want 
to hear about simulation code modules (several of which are well known and 
are not in my list at present).

Thanks,
Joe

---

From: Richard <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 13:32:16 -0800

Anis,

I am glad to see the Linux code for OLSR.
Please let me know when NS-2 code for OLSR is available.
We are making several enhancements to TBRPF (the new draft
should be available in February) and plan to conduct NS-2 
simulations to compare TBRPF to OLSR and other protocols.

Richard Ogier

---

From: Anis LAOUITI <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 14:49:42 +0100

> simulations to compare TBRPF to OLSR and other protocols.

Hi Richard,

The same code is adapted to OPNET ,  while, work on NS-2  is almost
finished.

Anis LAOUITI