Subject: CFP: Mobicom 2001 - Deadline Approaching

From: "DAWN Research Lab - Dr. Sivalingam" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 10:45:11 -0800 (PST)

Enclosed below please find a Preliminary Announcement and Call for
Papers for the 7th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing
and Networking (MobiCom) to be held in Rome, Italy from July 16-21,
2001.

As you might already know, MobiCom has an established reputation as
the pre-eminent conference in this area owing to the exceptionally
high quality of papers, excellent tutorials and workshops, and
stimulating panels conducted by mobile computing illuminati of various
stripes.

For complete information about the upcoming conference, please visit:
    http://www.research.ibm.com/mobicom2001/

We apologize if you received multiple copies of this Call for Papers.
Please feel free to distribute it to those who might be interested.

Very truly yours,

ACM SIGMOBILE MobiCom 2001 Organizing Committee

***********************************************************************
	     Preliminary Announcement and Call for Papers
 
			 *** ACM MobiCom 2001 ***
 
              The Seventh Annual International Conference on
                     Mobile Computing and Networking

		       July 16-21, Rome, Italy

		      Sponsored by ACM SIGMOBILE

	       http://www.research.ibm.com/mobicom2001/
		    http://www.acm.org/sigmobile/

		Submission Deadline: January 12, 2001
***********************************************************************

PAPERS:

Technical papers (maximum 15 pages) describing original, previously
unpublished, completed research, not currently under review by another
conference or journal, are solicited on the following topics:

   * Applications and computing services supporting mobile users
   * Architectures, protocols, and algorithms to cope with mobility,
     limited bandwidth, or intermittent connectivity
   * Database and data management issues in mobile computing
   * Performance of mobile/wireless networks and systems
   * Security and privacy of mobile/wireless systems
   * Interaction between different layers of mobile/wireless systems
   * Integration and interworking of wired and wireless networks
   * Adaptive applications and systems for mobile environments
   * Distributed-system aspects of mobile systems
   * Operating system support for mobility
   * Location-dependent applications
   * Wireless multimedia systems
   * Power management
   * Mobile agents
   * Pervasive computing
   * Wireless sensor networks
   * Wireless/mobile service management and delivery

All papers will be refereed by the program committee. Accepted papers
will be published in the conference proceedings. Papers of particular
merit will be proposed for publication in the ACM/Baltzer Wireless
Networks (WINET) and Mobile Networks and Applications (MONET) journals.

Note: Student Registrations will be provided at a discounted rate.

CHALLENGES SESSION, PANELS, RESEARCH DEMOS, TUTORIALS:

 Short papers (maximum of 8 pages) that challenge the mobile computing
 community with new technologies or visionary applications are
 solicited. Such papers should provide stimulating ideas or visions
 that may open up exciting avenues of mobile computing research.

 Proposals are solicited for panels that examine innovative,
 controversial, or otherwise provocative issues of interest.

 Proposals for tutorials are solicited. Tutorial topics that encompass
 the systems aspects of mobile computing and/or practical experiences
 in building/deploying such systems are of particular interest.

 Informal proposals for research demos are solicited. Proposals should
 include: the focus area in mobility, the technologies involved,
 specific equipment used, demo layout, space required, etc.

 Please refer to the conference website  for submission and other details.

IMPORTANT DATES:
 
    * Technical Paper Submissions due: January 12, 2001
          - Please refer to the website for submission instructions

    * Notification of acceptance:     May 1, 2001
    * Camera-ready version due:       May 15, 2001

    * Challenges Session Papers, Panel Proposals, Tutorial Proposals
       Submissions due: January 12, 2001
          - Please refer to the website for submission instructions

FOR MORE INFORMATION:
 
 Send email to [email-masked] with any questions or
 comments about the conference or for more information.

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE:
 
    * General Chair:                      * Tutorials Co-Chairs:
 
      Christopher Rose                      Ravi Jain
      Rutgers University, WINLAB            Telcordia Technologies
 
    * General Vice Chair:                   Chiara Petrioli
                                            Politecnico di Milano
      Sergio Palazzo
      Universita` di Catania              * Panels Chair:
 
    * Program Co-Chairs:                    Ramesh Rao
                                            Univ. of California, San Diego
      Mahmoud Naghshineh
      IBM T.J. Watson Research Center     * Local Arrangement Chair:
 
      Michele Zorzi                         Marco Listanti
      Universita` di Ferrara                Universita` di Roma "La Sapienza"
 
    * Finance Chair:   			    Chiara Petrioli
                       			    Politecnico di Milano 
      David B. Johnson 
      Rice University                     

    * Registration Chair:		  * Exhibits/Sponsorships Chair:
 
      Irene Katzela                         Marco Ajmone Marsan
      Lucent Technologies                   Politecnico di Torino
 
    * Publicity Co-Chairs:                * Research Demos Chair: 

      Stefano Basagni			    Nigel Davies          
      Univ. of Texas at Dallas		    Lancaster University  
                                   
      Krishna Sivalingam                  * Steering Committee Chair: 
      Washington State University  	                              
                                            Imrich Chlamtac             
                         		    Univ. of Texas at Dallas    
                                          
***********************************************************************