Subject: CFP, Special session on Manets at the PDP 2002

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 17:36:16 +0200 (MET DST)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                               CALL FOR PAPERS
               Special Session on Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks at the
 10th Euromicro Workshop on Parallel, Distributed and Network-based Processing
     Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Canary Islands, Spain January 9-11, 2002
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks (Manets) increasingly gain attention since they can be
used in situations where no explicit communication infrastructure is available
or desired. We, the System & Circuit Technology and the Algorithms, Complexity
& Parallel Computing working groups at the University of Paderborn (Germany),
are working on adaptive and resource-efficient network designs, including the
development of new routing strategies and hardware architectures, with emphasis
on Manets. 

As research on Manets is a relatively young discipline in Europe, opportunities
for information exchange are necessary to report the current state-of-the-art
in this area. Therefore, we are organising a special session on Manets at the
10th Euromicro Workshop on Parallel, Distributed and Network-based Processing
in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Canary Islands, Spain (January 9-11, 2002). We
see this session as a forum to concentrate the research results, and to
establish cooperations between the available groups in Europe. Especially, we
want to support exchange of know-how, ideas and research trends between
computer scientists and engineers.

If you are interested, please send a short abstract of the paper you intend
to write by June, 5th 2001 to [email-masked]. The deadline for submission 
is August, 31th 2001. The call for papers and additional information can
be found at http://wwwhni.upb.de/sct/pdp2002. If you have any further
questions, please don't hesitate to contact:

Matthias Gruenewald
System and Circuit Technology
Fuerstenallee 11
D-33102 Paderborn
Phone: +49-5251-606348
Fax:   +49-5251-606351
WWW:   http://wwwhni.upb.de/sct/index_e.php3
Email: [email-masked]

Klaus Volbert
Algorithms, Complexity and Parallel Computing
Fuerstenallee 11
D-33102 Paderborn
Phone: +49-5251-606433
Fax:   +49-5251-606482
WWW:   http://www.upb.de/cs/kv.html
Email: [email-masked]

We hope to see you at the PDP 2002!

Klaus Volbert