Subject: Final Call for Papers - POMC 2001

From: Jennifer Walter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 17:22:51 -0500 (CDT)

Dear Colleagues,
 
Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this e-mail.
 
We would appreciate your assistance in distributing this call for papers
to your colleagues.
 
All the details about the workshop can be found at:
http://lsewww.epfl.ch/POMC2001/ 

--Jennifer E. Walter
  POMC 2001 Publicity and Publications Chair

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

                        CALL FOR PAPERS

                          POMC 2001
                          =========

           Workshop on Principles of Mobile Computing
              (Co-located with 2001 ACM PODC)

        August 29-30, 2001, Newport, Rhode Island, U.S.A.

              http://lsewww.epfl.ch/POMC2001/

             Including ACM SIGACT sponsorship
        In-cooperation with ACM SIGMOBILE (pending)

PURPOSE:

Mobile computing and communications devices are proliferating
in recent years. The mobility of distributed computing components
raises a number of interesting, and difficult, algorithmic issues.
This one-day workshop is intended to bring together researchers in
mobile computing (especially, but not exclusively, ad hoc networks)
and distributed algorithms (especially, but not exclusively, dynamic
networks).  To facilitate such interaction, the workshop is scheduled
to begin on the last day of PODC 2001.

The planned format is a combination of contributed papers and one-hour
tutorials.  Significant time for discussion will be allocated.  It is
intended to be a lively and informal meeting, and to foster
cooperation among mobile computing systems researchers and
distributed algorithms theoreticians.

PAPER SUBMISSION:

Papers are solicited in all research and applied areas that touch on
the application of, or need for, distributed algorithms in the context
of mobile computing systems.  Papers covering work in progress are
especially welcome.  Papers should describe original, previously
unpublished work that is not currently under review by another
conference, workshop, or journal.

Specific topics include, but are not limited to:

  * distributed algorithms
  * routing
  * dynamic networks
  * dynamic graph algorithms
  * location tracking
  * security
  * scheduling
  * media access techniques
  * quality-of-service issues
  * sensor networks
  * complexity analysis of algorithms for mobile environments 

Please consult any member of the organizing committee
if you are uncertain whether your paper falls within the
scope of the workshop.

Submissions should be up to 10 pages in length with reasonable
margins and line spacing.  To submit, please e-mail either
postscript or PDF file to [email-masked] or go to the
POMC 2001 web site (http://lsewww.epfl.ch/POMC2001/) and fill out 
the electronic submission form.  

Important Dates:

  - Paper Submissions Due:        May 22, 2001  (firm)
  - Notification of Acceptance:   June 15, 2001
  - Camera-ready Version Due:     June 28, 2001

Authors of accepted papers are expected to present their work at
the workshop.

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

Andre Schiper (Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, Switzerland)
        [email-masked]
Nitin H. Vaidya (Texas A&M University, USA)
        [email-masked]
Jennifer L. Welch (Texas A&M University, USA)
        [email-masked]