Subject: Re: AODV draft issue (RERR)

From: Manel Guerrero Zapata <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 20:32:32 +0300

Hi Elizabeth,

In the section '8.9. Route Error Messages' of the
'draft-ietf-manet-aodv-08.txt':

In the case (ii), what hapens if the 'node
for which it does not have an active route'
it is not at all in the aodv routing table at all?
Then, we don't have a dsn to put in the RERR.
So, what do we do? Do we send the RERR anyway?
And, if so, with which dsn?

BR/
        Manel Guerrero

---

From: Manel Guerrero Zapata <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 20:45:35 +0300

> And, if so, with which dsn?

Another thing:

In the same section says:

8<--------------

   For cases (i) and (ii), for each unreachable destination the node
   copies the value in the Hop Count route table field into the Last
   Hop Count field, and marks the Hop Count for this destination as
   infinity, and thus invalidates the route.

-------------->8

But in (ii) there is no active route for the unreachable destination.
So, then all this has been already done.

So I thing it should say:

8<--------------

   For the case (i), for each unreachable destination the node
   copies the value in the Hop Count route table field into the Last
   Hop Count field, and marks the Hop Count for this destination as
   infinity, and thus invalidates the route.

-------------->8

Am I wrong?

BR/Manel