Subject: RE: Sending rate in wireless

From: Brown Warren-YMDI110 <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 09:02:41 -0800

I believe this refers to the raw bit transfer rate at the physical layer. eg similar to 100 Mbps for 802.3 Ethernet.

Warren Brown

-----Original Message-----
From: Marwaha Shivanajay [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2002 11:53 PM
To: manet; [email-masked]
Subject: Sending rate in wireless 

I have a query that the data rate using 802.11 & 802.11b are 2Mbps & 11Mbps
respectively, but what is the packet size and sending rate (that is packets
sent per second) to achieve the above rates.
Also, can someone guide me as to how to implement 802.11b using NS2, cuz
presently it has only 802.11

Thanking you.

Yours sincerely,
Shivanajay Marwaha
~-~~-~~-~~-~-~-~-~
RS, ECE Dept, NUS.
www.nus.edu.sg
~-~~-~~-~~-~-~-~-~

---

From: "Fred L. Templin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 11:53:47 -0800

Hello,

I would like to announce the following draft that proposes an IPv6
transition mechanism which may be of general interest to MANET. This
draft is currently a working group item in the IETF NGTRANS WG, and
specifies mechanisms for dealing with NBMA link layers that draw
parallels to certain architectural considerations for MANET.

Please note that I am cross-posting this from the IETF NGTRANS mailing
list where the draft is currently undergoing active discussion. Please
direct any comments you may have to both lists.

Fred Templin
[email-masked]     

  "Intra-Site Automatic Tunnel Addressing Protocol (ISATAP)",
   F. Templin, et.al., 01/30/2002

  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-isatap-03.txt

  This document specifies the Intra-Site Automatic Tunnel Addressing
  Protocol (ISATAP) that connects IPv6 hosts and routers (nodes) within
  IPv4 sites. ISATAP is a transition mechanism that enables incremental
  deployment of IPv6 by treating the site's IPv4 infrastructure as a
  Non-Broadcast Multiple Access (NBMA) link layer.

---

From: "Fred L. Templin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 11:59:06 -0800

Hello,
 
I would like to announce the following personal draft that proposes
an optional extension for ISATAP which may be of specific interest to
MANET. The optional extension may provide benefits for ISATAP when used
in MANET environments. The draft is concise and to-the-point, and the
subject matter can be grasped by a quick read of the abstract. At this
time, my purpose in making this announcement is only to seek feedback
from the community on what is being proposed. Thanks in advance for any
comments you may have.

Fred Templin
[email-masked]

  "Fast Convergence Extension for ISATAP Router Discovery",
   Fred Templin, 02/01/2002

  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-templin-ngtrans-isatapext-00.txt 

  This document specifies an optional extension for [ISATAP] that supports
  fast convergence (i.e, fast discovery of on-link routers). The extension
  employs a subset of the multicast mechanisms specified by [6OVER4] to
  augment the NBMA mechanisms specified by [ISATAP].