Subject: Call for Participation: German Workshop on Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks

From: Frank Kargl <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 15:10:13 +0100

English version below.
Please excuse if you receive multiple copies of this mail.

---------------------

1. Deutscher Workshop über Mobile Ad-Hoc Netzwerke  (WMAN 2002)
Universität Ulm, 25.-26. März 2002

Call for Participation

Ziel des Workshops
------------------

Der Workshop über Mobile Ad-Hoc Netzwerke wird von der Gesellschaft für
Informatik (GI)/Informationstechnische Gesellschaft im VDE (ITG)
Fachgruppe 3.3.1 (Kommunikation und Verteilte Systeme), der GI
Fachgruppe 4.9.2 Multimedia und der Universität Ulm veranstaltet.

Ziel des Workshops ist es, auf diesem Gebiet tätige Forscher aus dem
deutschsprachigen Raum zum Ideen- und Meinungsaustausch
zusammenzubringen. Es soll eine Möglichkeit geschaffen werden, eigene
Projekte vorzustellen und in Diskussionen Ideen für neue
Forschungsvorhaben in diesem Gebiet zu entwickeln.

Der Workshop umfaßt das gesamte Spektrum des Forschungsgebietes Mobile
Ad-Hoc Netwerke. Themen sind unter anderem:

* Basistechnologien (802.11, Bluetooth, etc.)
* Routing Mechanismem
* Skalierbarkeit und Simulationen
* Automatische Addresszuweisung und Anbindung an das Internet
* Sicherheit und Datenschutz in Ad-Hoc Netzwerken
* Software Plattformen (Middleware) für Mobile Ad-Hoc Anwendungen
* MANET-Anwendungen und Dienste-Bereitstellung

Der Workshop ist in verschiedene thematische Schwerpunkte gegliedert,
neben Vorträgen werden auch moderierte Diskussionsrunden und Workshops
angeboten. Darüber hinaus werden genügend Freiräume für individuelle
Gespräche eingeplant. Das genaue Programm finden Sie auf den Webseiten
zum Workshop.

Die Beiträge werden im Rahmen der Serie GI - Lecture Notes in
Informatics zu veröffentlichen.

Eine Anmeldung ist über die Webseiten des Workshops möglich.

Projekt-Vorstellungen
---------------------

Sie arbeiten an einem interessanten Projekt rund um Ad-Hoc Netzwerke? In
diesem Fall besteht die Möglichkeit, Ihr Projekt am Anfang des Workshops
kurz (max. 10 Minuten) vorzustellen. Eine Projekt-Präsentation ist dabei
unabhängig von einer Einreichung eines "reviewed papers". Doch auch in
diesem Fall mag es sinnvoll sein, das eigene Projekt in einem größeren
Rahmen am Anfang des Workshops vorzustellen.  Diese Projekt-
Vorstellungen sind keinem Review unterworfen und erscheinen nicht im
Tagungsband.

Anmeldungen einer Projekt-Vorstellung bitte per E-Mail an
[email-masked]. Bitte eine kurze Zusammenfassung zum
Projekt beifügen. Die Zahl der Präsentations-Slots ist begrenzt. Es gilt
First-Come-First-Serve.

Programm Komitee
----------------

Chair:
Michael Weber, Universität Ulm

Reinhold Eberhardt, DaimlerChrysler AG
Claudia Linnhoff-Popien, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
Frank Kargl, Universität Ulm
Silvano Maffeis, Softwired AG
Friedemann Mattern, ETH Zürich
Kurt Rothermel, Universität Stuttgart
Ralf Steinmetz, Technische Universität Darmstadt
Martina Zitterbart, Universität Karlsruhe

Wichtige Termine
----------------

* Start der Anmeldung:                      31. Jan. 2002
* Ende der Frühbucher-Phase:                28. Feb. 2002
* Workshop:                             25./26. März 2002

Ort
---

Der Workshop wird an der Universität Ulm durchgeführt. Details zu
Anfahrt, Übernachtung, Rahmenprogramm entnehmen Sie bitte den Webseiten
zum Workshop.

Webseiten
---------

http://medien.informatik.uni-ulm.de/conferences/WMAN2002/

---------------------

1. German Workshop on Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks  (WMAN 2002)
University of Ulm, Germany, 25.-26. March 2002

Call for Participation

Aim of the workshop
-------------------

The Workshop on Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks is organized by the German
Informatics Society (GI)/ Information Technology Society (ITG)
specialized group 3.3.1 ( Kommunikation und Verteilte Systeme), the GI
specialized group 4.9.2 (Multimedia) and the University of Ulm. 

It is the aim of this workshop to bring together researchers of the
german-speaking area working in the field of Mobile Ad-Hoc Networking to
exchange ideas and visions. It offers them an oportunity to present
their projects and discuss ideas for new research activities. Most of
the presentations and discussions will be in german, but there
will also be some events in english.

The workshop is to cover the entire spectrum of the research area
"Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks". Topics include: 

* Fundamental Technologies (802.11, Bluetooth, etc.) 
* Routing Mechanisms 
* Scalability and Simulations 
* Address Autoconfiguration
* Security and Privacy in Ad-Hoc Networks 
* Software Platforms (Middleware) for Mobile Ad-Hoc Scenarios 
* MANET applications and service-provision

The workshop will be divided into different subject; apart from lectures
there will also be moderated discussions and workshops. Furthermore
sufficient space for individual discussions will be provided. For
details see the web pages of the workshop.

The proceedings of the workshop will be published in the series "GI -
Lecture Notes in Informatics".

Use the webpages of the workshop to register for participation.

Projekt-Presentations
---------------------

You are working in an interesting project related to ad-hoc networks? In
this case you have the possibility to briefly (max. 10 min) present your
project at the beginning of the workshop. Note that you can also
participate in the project-presentation if you haven't submitted a
reviewed paper. But even authors of accepted papers may want to use the
opportunity to present an larger overview over their whole project.
The project presentations are not reviewed and will not appear in the
proceedings.

You can register for a project presentation via e-mail to
[email-masked]. Please attach a short summary of the
project you want to present. The number of presentation slots is limited
and distributed on a first-come-first-serve base.

Program Committee
-----------------

Chair:
Michael Weber, Universität Ulm
Reinhold Eberhardt, DaimlerChrysler AG
Claudia Linnhoff-Popien,
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
Frank Kargl, Universität Ulm
Silvano Maffeis, Softwired AG
Friedemann Mattern, ETH Zürich
Kurt Rothermel, Universität Stuttgart
Ralf Steinmetz, Technische Universität Darmstadt
Martina Zitterbart, Universität Karlsruhe

Important Dates
---------------

Begin of Registration:       31. Jan. 2002
Early-Registration Deadline: 28. Feb. 2002
Workshop:                    25./26. March 2002

Location
--------

The Workshop will be held at the University of Ulm, Germany. Details on
transport, lodging, program, etc. are available on the web page.

Webpages
--------

http://medien.informatik.uni-ulm.de/conferences/WMAN2002/index.en.xml

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Frank Kargl          Multimedia Computing, University of Ulm, Germany
 Mail:[email-masked] http://www.uni-ulm.de/~fkargl/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
   Use the SOURCE, Luke !  I feel a great disturbance in the SOURCE.
            But beware of the Microsoft side of the SOURCE !