Subject: Virus in: Re: AW: column spanned in multicolumn region

From: Michael Bahr <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 09:26:58 +0100 (MET)

Hi all,

The email with subject "Re: AW: column spanned in multicolumn region" from
[email-masked] contains the Nimda-virus.

Do not open the attachment. Anyway, it isn't a wav-file, its an exe-file
containing the virus.

Just throw the email away (and delete your "Deleted Messages Folder" as
well).

All the best,
Michael Bahr

---

From: "Leo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 07:18:05 -0500

I agree.  Norton warned me of the attachment and identified it as Nimda.  I
assumed it was either a false alarm (since it has happened before; see link
below) or the real thing and just deleted it to be on the safe side.

http://www.informationweek.com/story/IWK20011113S0005

Cheers,

Leo