Subject: ns draft's version used for routing protocols

From: Bernardo Antunes Maciel Villela <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 10:19:30 -0200 (BRST)

Hi all,
I am simulating the ad-hoc routing protocols (DSR, AODV, DSDV) with the
ns-2.1b8a. I am using the extensions made by the MONARCH project. I'd
like to know which is the version of these drafts (DSR, AODV and DSDV)
implemented by MONARCH in NS? 
Does anyone have any version of these algorithms for ns (without bugs) 
more recent than that? 
Is exactly that implementation that everybody is using for simulations? 
Is there a page at Manet that points me to old versions of the drafts?
And for OLSR, which is the good implementation in NS? Which version is
that?
Thanks a lot,
Bernardo.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 12:00:04 +0100 (CET)

Hi Bernardo,

> Hi all,

<SNIP>

> Is there a page at Manet that points me to old versions of the drafts?

In general, older ietf-drafts seems to be archived in several places. One
of them is here: http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/

> And for OLSR, which is the good implementation in NS? Which version is

Currently, we have version 3 of the OLSR draft implemented and tested in
ns-2.1b7. It may be downloaded from the OLSR www-page: http://hipercom.inria.fr/olsr

-- 

-------------------------------------------
  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)
  M.Sc in Computer Engineering

  E-Mail: [email-masked]
  WWW:    http://www.cs.auc.dk/~voop
-------------------------------------------

---

From: "Tao Lin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 09:34:49 -0500

Hi Thomas,

I have difficulty when complie ns-2 with your OLSR patch. Error messages
are list below. Could you check it? Thanks!

Tao

***********************************************
I use "./install" to compile and install ns. Problems occur when compiling
olsr.
Error messages are:"
c++ -c -O2 -DTCP_DELAY_BIND_ALL -DNO_TK -DTCLCL_CLASSINSTVAR  -DNDEBUG -DUSE
_SHM -DHAVE_LIBTCLCL -DHAVE_TCLCL_H -DHAVE_LIBOTCL1_0A6 -DHAVE_OTCL_H -DHAVE
_LIBTK8_3 -DHAVE_TK_H -DHAVE_LIBTCL8_3 -DHAVE_TCL_H  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I/
home/io/tlin/ns/ns-allinone-2.1b7a/tclcl-1.0b10 -I/home/io/tlin/ns/ns-allino
ne-2.1b7a/otcl-1.0a6 -I/home/io/tlin/ns/ns-allinone-2.1b7a/include -I/home/i
o/tlin/ns/ns-allinone-2.1b7a/include -o cmu-trace.o cmu-trace.cc
cmu-trace.cc:52:34: olsr/packet.hh: No such file or directory
make: *** [cmu-trace.o] Error 1
Ns make failed!
See http://www-mash.CS.Berkeley.EDU/ns/ns-problems.html for problems
"

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 18:40:47 +0100 (CET)

Tao,

How do you go about applying the patch? I think that it's there you will
find the source for the problem(s).

--thomas

(maybe we should keep this off-list? - it's hardly a manet-issue)

--