Subject: [manet] Simulation Scenario

From: "Vikram Dham" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 16:37:21 -0500

Hello Everyone,

 I am trying to simulate a MANET scenario using 802.11. Can anyone suggest
what values I should use for following parameters.

1. The area within which nodes are distributed.
2. The density of nodes.
3. The transmitter power of nodes.
4. Minimum detectable SNR of nodes.
5. Average distance between nodes.

With Best Regards

Vikram Dham

---

From: Zhenqiang Ye <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 14:45:49 -0800 (PST)

Hi, Vikram:
  Please check Royer's homepage (The author of the AODV protocol). They
have some results on the optimal network density. It should be based on
802.11. About the detectable SNR, there are some debates in MANET's
mailing list, I suggest you go there to have a look of the archives. They
suppose there are two thresholds: receving threshold (or other name) and
detection threshold.
  About the average distance between two random nodes, please see one of
Kleinrock's papers. I have a copy of it. If anyone else need it, please
let me know.

  Good luck,

Frank

> 5. Average distance between nodes.

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Zhenqiang Ye <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 14:45:49 -0800 (PST)

Hi, Vikram:

  Good luck,

Frank

---

From: Zhenqiang Ye <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 14:57:46 -0800 (PST)

Sorry I forgot to tell you the paper's title. It is:
  Optimum transmission radius for packet radio networks or why six is a
magic number

    IEEE 1978 National Telecommunications Conference

Frank

---

From: Zhenqiang Ye <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 14:57:46 -0800 (PST)

Frank