Subject: [manet] 1st AODV Interop a Success!

From: "Elizabeth M. Belding-Royer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 14:45:08 -0800 (PST)

We are pleased to announce a successful 1st AODV Interop.
The event was held at the University of California, Santa Barbara
on March 25 and 26th, 2002.  Attending were four IPv4 implementations
and two IPv6 implementations.  

Interoperation of the IPv4 implemenations was very successful.  
Operation was tested over wired Ethernet, over wireless links 
using ipTables to provide binary link connectivity, and over
wireless links using obstacles to provide link disconnections.  
The latter test included nodes distributed throughout a building, 
and route discovery and web page retrieval over a four node path.  
Route discovery, link break detection, and subsequent route repair 
through a different intermediate node was tested with the four
implementations and all successfully worked.  Networks with as
many as seven nodes were tested.

The IPv6 implementations successfully interoperated with
hello-based and reactive route discovery.  A more limited set of
tests (less than 3 hops) were performed with the IPv6 implementations,
primarily due to lack of adequate filtering support for IPv6 on the 
tested platforms, and a smaller number of available implementations. 
These tests provided the first evidence that the same interoperation 
as with IPv4 is feasible using the IPv6 version of the protocol.

Further details about the event are forthcoming, once post-processing
is completed.

Thanks to all who attended and helped plan the event!

Elizabeth

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: "JaeHoon Jeong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 11:34:59 +0900

Dear  Elizabeth,

I am Jaehoon, researcher of ETRI in Korea.
ETRI is under the development of IPv6 ad-hoc multicast application such as video-conferencing.
Because ETRI thought there are no implementation of IPv6 AODV and IPv6 MAODV,
ETRI planned to implement IPv6 AODV and IPv6 MAODV for itself.
We are pleased to hear the news from you. We would like to know if we can get  IPv6 AODV
source code from anyone or any organization. We think the reference will be helpful for us.
I also wonder if IPv4 MAODV or IPv6 MAODV has been already implemented.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Jaehoon

---

From: "JaeHoon Jeong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 11:34:59 +0900

Dear  Elizabeth,

Regards,
Jaehoon