Subject: [manet] Call for Participation, Networking 2002

From: Laura Feeney <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 23:00:16 +0100

There will be a number of papers of interest to the manet community,
so I encourage you to consider attending.

Please feel free to redistribute this CFP.  Apologies if you receive
multiple copies.

----------------------------------------

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

NETWORKING 2002
The Second IFIP-TC6 Networking Conference
http://www.cnuce.pi.cnr.it/Networking2002

May 19-24 2002, Pisa - Italy

Networking is the biennial Conference on Networking of the IFIP
Technical Committee on Communication Systems (TC6). Networking 2002 is
the second conference of this series --the first event was held in
Paris, May 2000

Networking 2002 is organized into three tracks: 

	  i) Networking Technologies, Services and Protocols
	 ii) Performance of Computer and Communication Networks
	iii) Mobile and Wireless Communications Systems.

This year the conference received 314 submissions coming from 42
countries from all five continents: Africa (4), Asia (84), America
(63), Europe (158) and Oceania (5). From the 314 submissions, we
finally selected 82 full papers for the presentation in the conference
technical sessions. In addition, we selected 31 short papers for
presentation in the poster sessions.

The technical program also includes a panel session, and three Invited
Talks from worldwide leaders

      Imrich Chlamtac "Managing Optical Networks in the Optical Domain"
      
      Randy Katz "The Post-PC Era: It's All About Services"

      Gerald Maguire "Personal Computing and Communication". 

The panel session, organized by Andrew T. Campbell (Columbia
University), is entitled "Post 9-11 Networking Challenges". The panel
discusses on how to cope with the communications systems'
vulnerabilities revealed by the World Trade Center attack on September
11.

The program of the conference is on five days and includes

- two tutorial days, http://www.cnuce.pi.cnr.it/Networking2002/tutorial.html

- the main conference,
http://www.cnuce.pi.cnr.it/Networking2002/at-a-glance.html

- one-day thematic workshops,
http://www.cnuce.pi.cnr.it/Networking2002/workshops.html

Advance program, registration information, and hotel information for NETWORKING
2002 are now available at http://www.cnuce.pi.cnr.it/Networking2002/info.html

If you are unable to access the above web page, please send e-mail to:
info_net2002 <[email-masked]>.

CONFERENCE REGISTRATION: The deadline for normal registration is APRIL 20,
2002.

HOTEL RESERVATION: The deadline for hotel reservation is APRIL 22, 2002. Please
book your hotel room as soon as possible. May is a high tourist season in Pisa.
After April 22 we cannot  guarantee your reservation.

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet