Subject: [manet] Question about dependency of unicast protocols by multicast protocols

From: Jorge Nuevo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 15:11:32 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

I am trying to find out which of the multicast protocols for
ad hoc networks are unicast protocols dependent. The following
would be unicast dependent:
MAODV, AMRoute, CAMP

and non-dependent would be: AMRIS, ODMRP and MCEDAR,

but I am not sure about FGMP (Forwarding Group Multicast Protocol),
ABAM (Associativity Based Multicast) and
ADMR (Adaptive Demand-driven Multicast Routing).

Could any one help me with this doubt?

thanks 

Jorge Nuevo
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 00:18:18 -0800

hi,

Another multicast protocol which does not depend on an
underlying unicast protocol

MZR
      http://people.nokia.net/vijayd/draft-vijay-manet-mzr-01.txt
      http://people.nokia.net/vijayd/mzr.pdf (ICC 2001)

Vijay

---

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 00:18:18 -0800

hi,

MZR

Vijay

---

From: Anis LAOUITI <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 15:11:08 +0100

Hello,

Here is another multicast routing protocol which is dependant on OLSR

http://hipercom.inria.fr/olsr/draft-ietf-manet-olsr-molsr.txt

Anis LAOUITI

---

From: Anis LAOUITI <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 15:11:08 +0100

Hello,

Anis LAOUITI