Subject: [manet] Question about dependency of unicast protocols by multicast protocols

From: Jorge Nuevo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 15:11:32 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

I am trying to find out which of the multicast protocols for
ad hoc networks are unicast protocols dependent. The following
would be unicast dependent:
MAODV, AMRoute, CAMP

and non-dependent would be: AMRIS, ODMRP and MCEDAR,

but I am not sure about FGMP (Forwarding Group Multicast Protocol),
ABAM (Associativity Based Multicast) and
ADMR (Adaptive Demand-driven Multicast Routing).

Could any one help me with this doubt?

thanks 

Jorge Nuevo
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Jorjeta Gueorguieva Jetcheva <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 14:43:58 -0500 (EST)

ADMR, FGMP and ABAM are all unicast-independent. 

Jorjeta

-----Original Message----- From: [email-masked]

[mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Jorge Nuevo 
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2002 2:12 PM 
To: [email-masked] Subject: [manet] Question about dependency of unicast
protocols by multicast protocols

Hello,

I am trying to find out which of the multicast protocols for ad hoc
networks are unicast protocols dependent. The following would be unicast
dependent: MAODV, AMRoute, CAMP

but I am not sure about FGMP (Forwarding Group Multicast Protocol), ABAM
(Associativity Based Multicast) and ADMR (Adaptive Demand-driven Multicast
Routing). 

thanks

Jorge Nuevo [email-masked]

---

From: Jorjeta Gueorguieva Jetcheva <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 14:43:58 -0500 (EST)

Jorjeta

Hello,

thanks