Subject: [manet] Fisheye State Routing

From: Frank Dinies <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 21:54:34 +0100

Hi,

I have some questions about the Fisheye State Routing Algorithm in respect to 
the current draft version:

- I think the "last heard time" variable in the topology table is never used 
in current protocol operations  ! Maybe for further extensions ??

-  Nodes, once registered in the Topolgy table will never removed, i.e. if a 
node disappears, the node will not taken into account for further 
computations of the routing table, because the node was removed from the 
neighbour list. But nevertheless its entry will not be removed in the 
topology table.

Regards

Frank Dinies    

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Xiaoyan Hong <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 13:35:19 -0800 (PST)

Hi, Frank,

Thanks a lot for pointing out the problem in the current FSR draft.

The lastHeardTime variable in the topology table IS for the purpose of
timing out stale entries.  However, the description of the operation
was somehow missing in the draft. A new FSR draft will be submitted very
soon.  Here is the operation on the lastHeardTime variable.

1) When a topology entry is inserted or updated, the time is stamped in
the variable. For the node itself, the field is refreshed every time
before it broadcasts its inner scope topology.
2) Timing-out the topology table is performed before a node broadcasts its
topology table ( for any broadcast frequencies). For inner scope
broadcasting, timing-out is performed after the node refreshs its own
entry.
3) Timing-out the topology table is also performed before the calculation
of shortest paths.

Best,

Xiaoyan Hong

---

From: Xiaoyan Hong <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 13:35:19 -0800 (PST)

Hi, Frank,

Best,

Xiaoyan Hong