Subject: [manet] Cost Function - PARO

From: "vikas p verma" <[email-masked]>
Date: 1 Mar 2002 13:10:20 -0000

Hi,

I just wanted to know if Power Aware Routing Optimization 
Algorithm 'balances the power at each node' or 'minimizes the 
overall power of the Ad hoc n/w'.
As per the internet draft the cost function is just the minimum 
transmission power Tmin. This indicates that it will 'minimize 
over all power of the n/w'. On the other hand one of the paper on 
PARO states that the cost function is Tmin*f(B) where B - power 
resourse of a node and f(B) is inversly proportional to B. This
would implicate that PARO is trying to 'balance the power at 
individual node'. Can somebody please explain what is the actual 
cost function.

Thanks
Vikas.

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet