Subject: Re: [manet] ad hoc network of HiPERLAN2?

From: Paul <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 14:02:21 +0200

The architecture of HiPERLAN 2 is the architecture of an access network. The 
usual
scenario is a mobile node accessing to a wired network through the air. The 
mobile node is attached to a master HiPERLAN 2 node called Central Controler 
(CC) the equivalent of the
IEEE 802.11 access point. The CC acts like a bridge with the wired network, 
HiPERLAN 2
specifies connexion with various usual networks (Ethernet, Frame Relay, ATM, 
1394 ...)

HiPERLAN 2 uses a centralized access ruled by the CC. The CC defines a framing 
in which HiPERLAN 2 nodes are invited to send packets (actually they have 
previously send a request to the CC). In the normal mode a packet from an 
attached node is always sent
to the CC which relays the packet (possibly through the air to another 
HiPERLAN 2 node).
HiPERLAN 2 also defines an ad-hoc mode in which 2 HiPERLAN nodes attached to 
the same CC can directly exchanges packets (packets are not forwarded by the 
CC) but the CC is still controlling the transmission through the framing which 
is not the case in IEEE 802.11b in the DCF mode.

Both usual mode and adhoc mode of HiPERLAN type 2 are much closer to the PCF 
mode of IEEE 802.11 than the DCF mode.
I have the feeling that the HiPERLAN 2 adhoc mode is not suitable for multihop 
networks.

Paul Muhlethaler  

[email-masked] said:
> hi,     Can anybody tell any paper on the ad hoc network of HyperLAN2?
> Is there any difference between the ad hoc network of HyperLAN2 and
> 802.11b?   regards   bin

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Paul <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 14:02:21 +0200

Paul Muhlethaler