Subject: [manet] IP addresses in MANET

From: Dario Bottazzi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 18:24:20 +0200

In my opinion some addressing scheme inspired from Virtual IP would be really 
useful in MANET framework: we might think to bind real IP addresses to the 
locality (or to a cluster) and this could reduce most of the network traffic 
related to routing management. (Routing tables would change with a lower 
frequency) 
If the Virtual IP (the name of the node) doesn't change even iin the case of 
a migration it is possible for the others to track its movement and to use 
the services it shows as soon as it reconnects somewhere into the MANET.  
Is it meaningfull? I'd like to have your opinion...
regards 
     Dario

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Dario Bottazzi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 18:24:20 +0200

---

From: "Phil Neumiller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 13:04:38 -0400

Yes, and another virtual space could be mapped to GIS coordinates to allow 
location routing through the address space.

---

From: "Phil Neumiller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 13:04:38 -0400