Subject: [manet] ACM MobiCom Student Travel Awards

From: Yuguang Fang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 18:29:06 -0400

Dear Colleagues

We apologize if you have received multiple copies. 
Could you please pass the message to your students or 
students you know who may be interested in attending 
ACM MobiCom'2002 held in Atlanta, Georgia? 

Thank you for your help. 

Best Regards, 

Michael Fang and Violet R. Syrotiuk 
Student Travel Award Co-Chairs, ACM MobiCom'2002 

%%%%Applications for Student Travel Support 

The 2002 ACM SIGMOBILE International Conference on on Mobile Computing and 
Networking (MobiCom 2002), will be held in Atlanta, Georgia, from September 
23--26, 2002. This conference is the premier technical meeting dedicated 
to addressing new challenges in mobile computing and networking. 

Our goal is to assist United States-based graduate students 
to attend this meeting. We anticipate that we will be able to reimburse
up to $750 to each award recipient, to cover travel, lodging and
meals. The conference registration fees for award recipients will be 
generously covered by ACM SIGMOBILE. 

Participation in conferences such as MobiCom is an extremely important 
part of the graduate school experience, providing the opportunity to 
interact with more senior researchers and be exposed to leading edge 
work in the field. Our goal is to enable the participation of students who 
would otherwise be unable to attend MobiCom 2002. 

An application for a travel award will consist of the student's vita, a 
letter from the student, and a letter from the student's advisor. The 
letter from the student should include: 

1.a brief summary of research interests and accomplishments to date; 
2.a description of areas reflected in the MobiCom 2002 program that 
  would impact the student's research; and 
3.why the conference attendance is important to the student. 

In addition, the student's advisor should send a letter of recommendation 
to the committee, that includes: 

1.confirmation that the student is a Ph.D. candidate in good standing; 
2.the suitability of the MobiCom program material to the student's 
  research area; 
3.ways this particular student would benefit from attendance at the 
  conference; and 
4.the strengths and potential contributions of the student. 

Applications for the travel award should be sent electronically to 
Dr. Violet R. Syrotiuk ([email-masked]) to be received by midnight 
of Friday, July 19, 2002. The recipients of the travel awards will be 
decided by a committee co-chaired by Dr. Violet R. Syrotiuk (University 
of Texas at Dallas) and Dr. Yuguang (Michael) Fang (University of 
Florida at Gainesville), with Dr. Victor Bahl (Microsoft Research and 
Chair of SIGMOBILE) also serving. The awards will be announced by Friday, 
August 2, 2002. Recipients will be required to accept the award by Friday, 
August 9, 2002, so that alternates can be notified in the event that a 
recipient declines. 

-- 
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Yuguang "Michael" Fang, Ph.D 
Assistant Professor 
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
University of Florida 
435 Engineering Building, P.O.Box 116130
Gainesville, FL 32611
Tel: (352) 846-3043, Fax: (352) 392-0044
Email: [email-masked], http://www.fang.ece.ufl.edu 
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet