Subject: [manet] Some 802.11e Clarifications

From: "Vineesh.U.S" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 11:43:49 +0530

Hi all,
I was just going through some articles and I read that APs are similar to
stations with additional logic implemented for coordination. I also read
that any station shall have the capability to be an AP. Now my doubts.

1. Does that mean that I will have a seperate/ same MAC implementation for
APs?

2. Is there any thing like an LLC in 802.11e spec?

3. I understand that DS comes between MAC and LLC. Is the DS seperate for
802.11e or similar to 802.11?

4. Is there any implementation(source code) available for MAC?

5. Suppose I need to build an 802.11e MAC layer, Can I use the 802.11a/b and
just add the Qos details into it?

6. How do the application tell that a particular application need to have
Qos parameters and how it this info given to the MAC?

Hope somebody will help me out with these.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards,  
Vineesh 
____________________________________________________ 
Vineesh U.S                             Ushus Technologies,
08° 33.5872" N                       311, NILA, Technopark Campus
76° 52.7872" E                           Thiruvananthapuram - 695581 

Tel: +91 471 527654                               Fax: +91 471 527651

 "They can who believe they can."
 <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"
/>