Subject: [manet] Call for Participation and Preliminary Program (POMC '02)

From: "PARAG AGARWAL" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 08:41:23 +0530

2nd ACM Workshop on Principles of Mobile Computing (POMC'02)

			Call for Participation
				 and
			 Preliminary Program

	  http://www.utdallas.edu/~ravip/pomc/POMC/POMC.html

SCOPE

Mobile computing and communications devices are proliferating in
recent years. The mobility of distributed computing components raises
a number of interesting, and difficult, algorithmic issues.  This
two-day workshop is intended to bring together researchers in mobile
computing (especially, but not exclusively, ad hoc networks) and
distributed algorithms (especially, but not exclusively, dynamic
networks). To facilitate such interaction, the workshop is scheduled
to begin on the last day of DISC 2002. It is intended to be a lively
and informal meeting, and to foster cooperation among mobile computing
systems researchers and distributed algorithms theoreticians.

LOCATION

Toulouse is the capital of Région Midi-Pyrénées in the Southwest of
France. It is ideally placed, on the river Garonne, equidistant from
the Atlantic ocean, the Mediterranean sea, the Pyrénées mountains, and
the "Massif Central" area. It is only about 250km from Barcelona, the
capital of Catalonia in the north east of Spain. The "Canal du midi",
an attractive place for holidays or tourism by boat which links the
Atlantic ocean near Bordeaux to the Mediterranean sea near Sète,
passes through the city. Toulouse is in the heart of the South of
Europe, at the intersection of various cultures and very different
geographical areas, and is also very rich on the historical side.

REGISTRATION

Registration information is available at the POMC'02 website. Deadline
for early registration rate is Sept. 15, 2002.

TECHNICAL PROGRAM (preliminary):

Session 1: Efficient Communication

- Time Bounded Medium Access Control for Ad Hoc Networks
  (Invited Paper)
     Raymond Cunningham and Vinny Cahill
- Smart Dust Protocols for Local Detection and Propagation
     Ioannis Chatzigiannakis, Sotiris Nikoletseas, and Paul Spirakis
- General Approaches for Implementing Seamless Handover
     Markus Endler and Vera Nagamuta
                  
Session 2: Routing 

- Localized Delaunay Triangulation for Topological Construction and
  Routing on MANETs
     Luan Lan and Hsu Wen-Jing
- Ensuring Cache Freshness in Source-Routed Ad Hoc Network Routing
  Protocols
     Yih-Chun Hu and David B. Johnson
- K-Clustering Formation in Wireless Ad-Hoc Networks
     Yaacov Fernandess and Dahlia Malkhi

Session 3: Mobility Models

- On the Accuracy of MANET Simulators
     David Cavin, Yoav Sasson, and Andre Schiper
- An Analysis of the Node Spatial Distribution of the Random Waypoint
  Mobility Model for Ad Hoc Networks
     Giovanni Resta and Paolo Santi
- On the Consistency Problem in Mobile Distributed Computing
     Rachid Guerraoui and Corine Hari

Session 4: Security and Middleware Services

- Towards a Flexible Credential Verification Mechanism in the Mobile
  Ad-hoc Network
     Sye Loong Keoh
- Efficient and Secure Key Management for Mobile Communications
     Roberto Di Pietro, Luigi V. Mancini, and Sushil Jajodia

- Publish/Subscribe Scheme for Mobile Networks
     Emmanuelle Anceaume, Ajoy K. Datta, and Maria Gradinariu

Session 5: Dynamic Networks

- On Name Resolution for Peer-to-Peer Networks
     Xiaozhou Li and C. Greg Plaxton

- title to be announced (invited paper)
     Roy Friedman

- Circle Formation for Oblivious Anonymous Mobile Robots with No
  Common Sense of Orientation
     Xavier Defago and Akihiko Konagaya

___________________________________________________
Communicate with others using Lycos Mail for FREE!
http://mail.lycos.com 
_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet