Subject: [manet] Voice communications over Ad Hoc Network

From: Qing Shi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 14:47:17 -0600

Hi there,

I am a graduate student in University of Texas at Dallas. I have a question 
about AD Hoc Network: Does Ad Hoc provide voice communications?
I have searched lots of Ad Hoc related papers but I find most of them are 
talking about issues in packet switching area. So if we need to implement 
voice communication over Ad Hoc, do we need to put it in the way of voice 
over ip? If so, should we implement Mobile IP scheme to give addresses to 
the nodes then establish the path between calling party and called party? 
And there might be QOS issues involved to deal with voice delay caused by 
packet lost and route search, right?
So could somebody give me suggestions? Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,
Shi Qing
_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet