Subject: [manet] NS Tutorial Announcement

From: Padmaparna Haldar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 13:33:25 -0700 (PDT)

We would like to announce an NS tutorial/workshop to be held at 
Information Sciences Institute, Los Angeles on Nov 21 and 22, 2002.

This tutorial is intended for users, researchers and developers who would 
like to use ns more actively, or extend its functionality. We will discuss 
the primary components of the simulator (the scheduler, connection 
oriented and connectionless protocols, trace support, routing, topology 
generation, multicast support, queue management), and discuss various 
issues like adding new routing or transport protocols, diffserv 
applications, how to use nam and the new nam-editor, a brief introduction 
to OTcl, how to debug ns using the OTcl and C++ interfaces etc. 

The format of this tutorial will be very similar to the previous ns 
tutorials/workshops we have held (look at 
http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/ns-tutorial/) with updates based on 
functionality added to the ns simulator recently (including new wireless 
support, diffserv etc). In addition, for attendees to get hands-on 
experience using ns, exercises in various levels will be given as lectures 
progress in breadth and depth. So please bring your laptop to the 
tutorial. Laptops with linux/freeBSD are encouraged though windows should 
also not be a problem. Also attendees are expected to have a basic 
understanding of C++.

For this event there will be a charge of $50 to cover meals on both days, 
copying cost for tutorial material and a CD-ROM. For registration as well 
as for details about the tutorial please go to 
http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/ns-tutorial/tutorial-02/

Due to a fixed number of seating, the total number of people we can 
accomodate at the tutorial may be limited. So try to register as soon as 
possible. Also note that there is a deadline of Nov 11, 2002 for 
registration. 

Thanks,
    Xuan Chen ([email-masked])
    Padma Haldar ([email-masked])

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet