Subject: [manet] Deleting packets from the interface queue

From: Riadh Marrakchi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 17:18:23 +0200

Hello,
i found this line in the recvError function in the aodv implementation
of ns-2:

// Not sure whether this is the right thing to do
   Packet *pkt;
 while((pkt = ifqueue->filter(ih->saddr()))) {
         drop(pkt, DROP_RTR_MAC_CALLBACK);
      }

  I think this step is false, because every packet from the queue, which
has saddr() as a next hop will be deletet without taking into account,
which (final) destination it has. For example, a data packet can have
the node sending the error as next hop, but its destination is not one
of the unreachable destinations in the error message. So with that code
above this packet will be deleted, although it uses the node forwarding
the error message only as next hop for a destination which is yet
reachable.
I hope i'm not misunderstanding some stuff. If so, just let me know
please.
Best regards
Riadh

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet