Subject: [manet] How to show simulation statistics?

From: Marco Cavalieri <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 15:47:43 +0200 (CEST)

Hi everybody,
   I'm simulating a handoff of a Mobile Host between
two or three Base Stations using the routing agent
NOAH by Widmer.
To show some simulation statistics like packets sent,
lost, generated or forwarded, what type of program
could I use?
Is it better Tracegraph, Xgraph, Ad-hockey or
something else?
Thank you at all in advance,

cheers Marco

______________________________________________________________________
Yahoo! Musica: notizie, recensioni, classifiche, speciali multimediali
http://it.yahoo.com/mail_it/foot/?http://it.music.yahoo.com/
_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: "Sudarshan N Raghavan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 10:25:21 -0400

Is it possible to simulate unidirectional links while testing a routing
protocol over OPNET's wlan_mac ?? If yes, is there any well-defined
model/framework to achieve the same ?? Most of the simulations that use the
wlan_mac model implicitly assume bidirectional links. Ignoring negative
acknowledgements from the MAC layer and handling acknowledgements at the
network layer seems like one possible approach. Any thoughts ??

Regards,
Sudarshan N Raghavan
MS, Computer Sc.
NC State University

---

From: "Sudarshan N Raghavan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 10:25:21 -0400

Regards,
Sudarshan N Raghavan
MS, Computer Sc.
NC State University

---

From: John Stine <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 17:06:37 -0400

The OPNET wlan_mac model models the 802.11 MAC protocol.  All
point-to-point communications that are successful are acknowledged. 
Packets that are not received are not acknowledged.  There is no such
thing as a negative acknowledgement.  A way to circumvent the use of
acknowledgements is to send all packets with the broadcast address. 
Broadcasted packets are not acknowledged.  This will require some sort
of encapsulation before the a packet is passed to the wlan_mac and the
reverse when a packet is received.  The process that does the
encapsulation would then extract the true address of the packet
destination.  It is at this point that a node makes the decision whether
to process or drop a packet received on the wireless channel.

John Stine

---

From: John Stine <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 17:06:37 -0400

John Stine