Subject: [manet] Performance problems in aodv through nb_purge?

From: Riadh Marrakchi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 11:40:59 +0200

Hi everybody,
i already sent this message couple of days ago but i got no answer. I'm
sending it again because i think this issue could be a serious problem
for the evaluation of the performance of AODV in ns-2. I' m talking
about the version ns2.1b9.
The function nb_purge() of AODV (in aodv.cc) should delete the
neighbors, that are timed out in order to eliminate any stale
information in the current node. Normally the nb_delete() function
should be called to delete the neighbor, that is timed out. But the line
including this call (nb_delete(nb->nb_addr)) is commented out, so that
the nb_purge() function is practically without any effect.
I would appreciate any help or comment...
Regards
Riadh

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet