Subject: [manet] Access to interface queue at routing level??

From: Riadh Marrakchi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 11:25:33 +0200

Hi,
can someone tell me if we could access to the interface queue and to the
IP packets in that queue (I mean in the real world. In NS-2 it is not a
problem)?? is it also possible to access to the IP-Header of these
packets??
This access is allowed in the aodv version under ns-2.1b8a but not in
ns-2.1b9, so that it is possible to salvage the packets even if they are
already in the interface queue (see rt_down in aodv.cc, ns-2.1b8a).
That's one reason for the better simulation results of aodv in the older
version. I don't know if it is fair!!! One other reason is in my next
email.
Regards
Riadh

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Stefan Schlott <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 11:47:23 +0200

Hi,

> problem)?? is it also possible to access to the IP-Header of these

You can send arbitrary packet data and receive all packets sent to a machine
by using raw sockets - this is a generic interface (even present in some
windows versions), but if you want to manipulate the routing decision,
this won't be the interface you want.

On Linux, there is a interface to the kernel network stack called "netfilter
modules". Basically, these are kernel modules which allow inspection and
manipulation of raw packets in several different processing stages.
Unfortunately, this is a Linux-specific interface.

Hope it helps,
  Stefan.

-- 
*--- please cut here... -------------------------------------- thanks! ---*
|-> E-Mail: [email-masked]    PGP-Key: 0x2F36F4FE <-|
| There are only 10 types of people in this world -- those that           |
| understand binary and those that don't.                                 |
*-------------------------------------------------------------------------*
_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Stefan Schlott <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 11:47:23 +0200

Hi,

Hope it helps,
  Stefan.