Subject: [manet] DROP_RTR_MAC_CALLBACK or DROP_RTR_NO_ROUTE??

From: Riadh Marrakchi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 17:05:11 +0200

Hi,
i have a question about these lines in the "rt_ll_failed(packet *p)"
function of aodv (ns-2.1b9):

if((rt = rtable.rt_lookup(ih->daddr())) == 0) {
    drop(p, DROP_RTR_MAC_CALLBACK);
    return;
 after the MAC layer realizes that there is no way to forward the
packet, it informs aodv about this problem. AODV looks for an entry for
the given destination adress and realizes that there is no routing entry
for this destination. Instead of dropping the packets with
"DROP_RTR_NO_ROUTE" as reason, it drops it by giving
"DROP_RTR_MAC_CALLBACK" as a reason. Can somebody tell me why?? i would
say the first reason is logical because we didn't find any route entry
for that destination!!!!

Thanks for any help or comment.
Riadh.

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet