Subject: [manet] IP routing table and DSR routing table

From: Kartik Rao <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 15:15:25 -0400

Is there any interaction between the IP forwarding table and the DSR 
routing table (route cache)?
_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Shweta Bhandare <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 18:30:44 -0600

Hi Kartik,

	The DSR implementation suggests that the routing table for DSR should 
be distinct due to the source route nature of the protocol. We 
implemented the routing table for DSR in user mode for routing DSR 
packets. We use ethertap to get these DSR packets from the kernel, did 
user level routing using the DSR routing table and re-insert the source 
routed packets on to the tap.

	Lemme know if you need more details abt our implementation.

Regards,
Shweta.

---

From: Shweta Bhandare <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 18:30:44 -0600

Hi Kartik,

Regards,
Shweta.