Subject: [manet] OPNET Modeler Version 9 and MANET models

From: Frank Kargl <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 13:51:15 +0200

Dear all,

I'm currently evaluation OPNET Modeler (Version 9.0.A PL2) for doing 
some studies about MANETs. Most of the existing modules (DSR, AODV, 
MobileMesh ...) rely on older versions of the Modeler to run correctly, 
e.g. there is a problem with the DSR module that Marc Ribet ported to 
8.1.A PL2 that seems to be related to timing issues in the 802.11 
module. I already had contact with Marc, but he is currently busy with 
other things but gave me some good ideas what to look for.

Before starting any effort to adapt these modules myself, has anyone 
started a siminlar try before? Finished? Run into what problems?

Regards ... Frank

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
  Frank Kargl          Multimedia Computing, University of Ulm, Germany
  Mail:[email-masked] http://www.uni-ulm.de/~fkargl/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Use the SOURCE, Luke !  I feel a great disturbance in the SOURCE.
             But beware of the Microsoft side of the SOURCE !

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: "Pradeep K. Singh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 09:28:04 -0400

Dear Frank:

We are currently working on building a generic framework for creating 
routing models for simulating MANETs.  Using this generic framework, we 
plan on releasing DSR and TORA with the initial release.  However, the 
generic framework, will also allow you add new algorithms, modify existing 
ones easily.  We are aggressively aiming to have this ready for release 
with OPNET's 9.0.A software around December 2002 timeframe.

The new models will be integrated with existing TCP/IP and Wireless LAN 
standard models -- if you have any special requirements, you can privately 
contact us.  In fact, there is a separate mailing list that we have set up 
for Modeler users (as I don't think this forum will be an appropriate for 
discussing OPNET specific issues).  We can add you to that list, if you are 
not already on it.

Sincerely,

Pradeep
OPNET Technologies, Inc.

At 01:51 PM 10/24/2002 +0200, Frank Kargl wrote:
>Dear all,
>
>I'm currently evaluation OPNET Modeler (Version 9.0.A PL2) for doing some 
>studies about MANETs. Most of the existing modules (DSR, AODV, MobileMesh 
>...) rely on older versions of the Modeler to run correctly, e.g. there is 
>a problem with the DSR module that Marc Ribet ported to 8.1.A PL2 that 
>seems to be related to timing issues in the 802.11 module. I already had 
>contact with Marc, but he is currently busy with other things but gave me 
>some good ideas what to look for.
>

---

From: "Pradeep K. Singh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 09:28:04 -0400

Dear Frank:

Sincerely,

Pradeep
OPNET Technologies, Inc.

---

From: Shweta Bhandare <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 09:48:47 -0600

Hi,

Our research group at University of Colorado at Boulder have a full 
fledged implementation of DSR running on a hardware test-bed. We have 
the implementation in the user space. We have about 10 laptops running 
Red Hat Linux equipped with Cisco 350 Series Wireless Ethernet cards. 
Our research group woul dbe more than helpful to let you know abt the 
implementation and help you guys out.

Regards,
Shweta, Sheetal, Sagar, Tim.

---

From: Shweta Bhandare <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 09:48:47 -0600

Hi,

Regards,