Subject: [manet] AODV performance comparison in ns-2.1b9 and ns-2.1b8a

From: Riadh Marrakchi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 11:34:31 +0200

Hi,
I just mentioned one reason for the better performance of aodv in
ns-2.1b8a in my last email.
Another reason is that the buffered packets are not dropped from the
router queue (rqueue) in the sendRequest function in aodv.cc (version
ns-2.1b8a) when RREQ_RETRIES is reached, so that these packets have the
chance to be sent later. In the newer version (ns-2.1b9) they are
dropped. I think the second behaviour is right because in the real world
we assume that the node is not existing anymore and we drop all the
packets destinated to it. This difference is one other reason for the
better performance of the older version while testing AODV.
Thanks in advance for any comments
Regards
Riadh

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet