Subject: [manet] Management of Ad Hoc networks

From: "Berner Vegge" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 11:39:32 +0200

Hello!

An Ad-Hoc network should not require a lot of management. Still it may be

relevant to have some fault, performance, security and configuration management.

For example it may be important to detect bottlenecks, nodes about to loose their
connection to the network, nodes about to loose their battery power etc.

How do you think such management should be performed? Should we use

SNMP and existing MIBs or are there other ideas? Do you think existing
MIBs cover all what an Ad-Hoc network requires, or do we need something
more/new?

Do you know about any work ongoing or papers etc regarding management of Ad-Hoc networks?

Thanks!

Best Regards  Berner

Broadband? Dial-up? Get reliable MSN Internet Access. Click Here
_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: kphanse <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 08:20:16 -0400

Hi Berner,

    Some work has been done with this regards, e.g.,
W. Chen, N. Jain and S. Singh, ANMP: Ad hoc network network management 
protocol, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications 17(8) (August 1999) 
1506--1531.

    Also some work is being currently done at Virginia Tech in the field of 
policy-based QoS management in ad hoc networks. Relevant papers (submitted for 
publication), including a survey paper, are available at: 
http://www.ee.vt.edu/~kphanse/unpublished.html

    Hope this helps. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me 
at: [email-masked]

regards
Kaustubh
----------------------
PhD student, ECE Dept.
Alexandria Research Institute
Virginia Tech

---

From: kphanse <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 08:20:16 -0400

Hi Berner,

regards
Kaustubh
----------------------
PhD student, ECE Dept.