Subject: [manet] OLSR implementation

From: Gayathri Chandrasekaran <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 15:54:22 -0500 (CDT)

Hello,
I would like to know if OLSR runs over ATM interfaces.I'm trying to
implement some version 7 features to the INRIA version 3 OLSR linux
implementation. So for initial testing purposes can ATM interfaces be
used?

thanks
gayathri

Gayathri Chandrasekaran
Department of Electrical
Engineering and Computer Science
University of Kansas
Lawrence,KS-66045.

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: "Pete Sholander" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 12:09:56 -0500

Gayathri,

As another (possibly bogus!) thought ...

OSPF runs over Non-Broadcast Multicast Access (NBMA) networks.  (Check
the RFC for details.  Not sure if the code at opsf.org implements that
feature though!)

Maybe there's someway to extend OLSR to map its MPRs onto OSPF's
"Designated Router" concept.  Sounds like an interesing thesis topic. 
However, mobile ad hoc ATM networks are kind of passe by now.  Do you
have a end-user application in mind?

--Pete Sholander

>>> "Philippe Jacquet" <[email-masked]> 10/28/02 11:32AM
>>>
Dear Gayathri,

Sorry to have been late to answer. As far as I can see, the main
problem
with ATM interfaces is the broadcast, which is used in OLSR for
control
traffic and I don't know how it will work with ATM. Maybe a kind of
MARS
could be useful...

Philippe