Subject: [manet] Service Discovery in On-Demand Ad Hoc Networks

From: "Charles E. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 10:33:51 -0700

Hello folks,

Rajeev and I have specified a mechanism by which
services can be discovered in an ad hoc network.
Our document has been submitted to the IETF drafts
directories, but in the meantime it is available at
the following URL:
    http://people.nokia.net/charliep/txt/aodvid/manetsrv.txt

The draft seems to be missing an abstract, an omission I
can quickly repair, but here is the first paragraph of
the introduction:

      In this document, we describe extensions to suitable ad hoc  
      network routing protocols in order to provide support for service 
      discovery.  Typical Internet applications require information
      such as name resolution, a web proxy IP address, access to print
      services etc.  While [manet] protocols have focussed on providing
      basic routing support for communication, this document addresses
      the problem of discovering services along with routes to those
      services.

Regards,
Charlie P.
_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet