Subject: [manet] [Fwd: Re: ISART 2003]

From: Shweta Bhandare <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 12:50:55 -0600

Hi,

The following symposium will have sessions devoted to wireless
networking and its relationship to capacity and spectrum usage.  I
encourage you to submit a paper.
		
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                       INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM
                                 ON
                     ADVANCED RADIO TECHNOLOGIES
                            (ISART 2003)

                           CALL FOR PAPERS
                     ===========================

The ISART 2003 conference to be held this coming March 4 - 7, 2003 seeks
to bring together business leaders, policy makers, and technical
researchers from the telecommunications industry with a focus on wireless
communications. Each of these groups shapes the industry, and by creating
a meeting where they can interact with each other, we plan to create a
window through which the present and future state of the industry can be
viewed.

The ISART program committee is soliciting papers describing new radio
technologies, analysis, and innovative business, economic, and policy
concepts, in any of the following topic areas:

    - Spectrum (usage, policy, management, regulation, economics, sharing
      mechanisms)

    - Electromagnetics (propagation, antennas, RF-front ends)

    - Broadband Deployment (regulation, marketing, economics, wireless 
systems)

    - Wireless Networks (scaling to large networks, ad hoc networks,
      Internet over wireless,  convergence of WLANs and 3G)

    - Telecommunications in Developing Countries (policy, economics,
      regulation, and technology)

    - Radios (software defined radios, RF software, spectrally efficient
      systems)

    - Homeland Security (emergency response communications, public safety,
      wireless network security)

Students are especially encouraged to submit their work.

Deadlines:

    Nov. 6,  2002 - Deadline for submission of one page abstract.

    Dec. 4,  2002 - Notification of acceptance to authors.

    Jan. 15, 2003 - Deadline for submission of paper.

Abstract Format:

    - One page total
    - At least 10pt font
    - May be double column
    - Indicate the contact author with an e-mail address
    - Indicate the topic area from the above list

The abstract should summarize research results and not be a proposal for
research since very little time is available between the acceptance
notification and the final paper submission. The final paper will be 4
pages, double column, 10pt text (approximately 2500 words).

If you have questions about submitting abstracts contact either:

    Dr. Timothy X Brown
    Interdisciplinary Telecommunications
    Electrical and Computer Engineering
    EC-OT 331 Campus Box 530
    University of Colorado
    Boulder, CO 80309
    Tel: (303) 492-1630
    Fax: (303) 492-1112
    e-mail:  [email-masked]

or

    J. Wayde Allen
    DOC/NTIA/ITS.M
    325 Broadway
    Boulder, CO 80305-3328
    Tel:  (303) 497-5871
    Fax:  (303) 497-5323
    e-mail:  [email-masked]

General Information:  http://www.its.bldrdoc.gov/meetings/art/index.html

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet