Subject: [manet] Ad-hoc --> Ip of Nodes.

From: Sourabh Sharma <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 19:36:18 +0800 (GMT-8)

Hello,
       Recently, I have set up an ad-hoc network. 
 But I noticed that somehow, the node's needed to be
 configured to be in the same subnet.
   By right, in ad-hoc , nodes having any random IP addr
 should be able to find routes to any Ipaddr and the
 underlying Ad-hoc routing protocol should update the
 source's routing table accordingly.

 In the case when the nodes are in the same subnet, you
 actually dun need an ad-hoc routing protocol! as long
 you have the routing entries correctly configured, you
 can make the nodes forward each others data packets, and
 thus have an ad-hoc network without the use of any special
 "ad-hoc" routing protocol.!!

 Secondly, I wanted to ask, out of the many ( ok, not so many)
 real ad-hoc test beds set up at CMU, MIT, INRIA etc.
 did any of you guys use any autoconf scheme ( like Zeroconf)
 or all the nodes were manually configured?
     Thirdly, since we now have an implementation of zerconf,
 known as zcip( available at http://zeroconf.sourceforge.net)
 has anyone tried using an Autoconfiguration scheme on 
 ad-hoc?

  Probably we can have seperate discussions on the 3 topics.

 Regards,
 Sourabh Sharma
 Centre for Internet Research
 National University of Singapore

--------------------------------------------------
There is an answer to everything in this world.
   The only question which remains to be answered
     IS whether we know the answers or not.

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet