Subject: [manet] Management of Ad Hoc networks

From: "Berner Vegge" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 11:39:32 +0200

Hello!

An Ad-Hoc network should not require a lot of management. Still it may be

relevant to have some fault, performance, security and configuration management.

For example it may be important to detect bottlenecks, nodes about to loose their
connection to the network, nodes about to loose their battery power etc.

How do you think such management should be performed? Should we use

SNMP and existing MIBs or are there other ideas? Do you think existing
MIBs cover all what an Ad-Hoc network requires, or do we need something
more/new?

Do you know about any work ongoing or papers etc regarding management of Ad-Hoc networks?

Thanks!

Best Regards  Berner

Broadband? Dial-up? Get reliable MSN Internet Access. Click Here
_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet