Subject: [manet] global connectivity for manets

From: "John Paul O'Grady" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 11:36:53 +0100

Hello

I am looking for research on methods for providing global internet
connectivity in manets. I have the internet drafts on Global
Connectivity for IPv4 and IPv6 Mobile Ad hoc Networks, I was just
wondering if there is any other information out there.

I would also be interested if anybody has any info on methods of
dynamic allocation of global ipv4 and ipv6 addresses in ad hoc
environments without the use of a dhcp server. Most of the research
papers I have seen seem to only consider a stand alone manet, and so
use private addresses.

Regards

john paul o grady 

-------------------Legal  Disclaimer---------------------------------------

The above electronic mail transmission is confidential and intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. Its contents may be protected by legal and/or professional privilege. Should it be received by you in error please contact the sender at the above quoted email address. Any unauthorised form of reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited. The Institute does not guarantee the security of any information electronically transmitted and is not liable if the information contained in this communication is not a proper and complete record of the message as transmitted by the sender nor for any delay in its receipt.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: "Charles E. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 07:46:16 -0700

Hello John,

> papers I have seen seem to only consider a stand alone manet, and so

If a manet node discovers an Internet Gateway, then the
gateway "should" provide the node with prefix information
so that the node can formulate an address which is topologically
correct for the Gateway's attachment to the Internet.  That
prefix can be used for dynamic address autoconfiguration (e.g.,
RFC 2462).  The dynamic address can even be used as a care-of
address for Mobile IP.  All of this is documented in Internet
Drafts and some other recent publications.

Regards,
Charlie P.

---

From: "Charles E. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 07:46:16 -0700

Hello John,

Regards,
Charlie P.