Subject: [manet] REF: AODV (Updating and creating reverse/forward route)

From: Sibusisiwe Chiyangwa <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 16:01:36 +0100

I got this from draft-ietf-manet-aodv-11.txt.

--Everytime a node receives a RREQ message, it first creates or updates
a route to the previous node, increments the hop count, then goes on to
create or update a route to the originator IP address.--

Instead of first creating a route to the Originator IP address with the
previous node as the next hop en-route to the Originator, why create a
route to the previous hop? Is this really necessary or we could by-pass
that with the above suggestion.

Sibusisiwe
_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 10:36:53 -0700

When you receive a RREQ, you know the previous hop exists.  Why not
create a route to the previous hop?  You could ignore this
information.  But you should take advantage of the knowledge.

Ian Chakeres

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 10:36:53 -0700

Ian Chakeres