Subject: [manet] Question about traces (r,s,f,d)??

From: Riadh Marrakchi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 11:43:49 +0200

Hi,
the first column of the trace files (new traces) of the AODV simulation
just confused me a little bit.
s: is written once when the source sends a packet
d: when a packet is dropped by some node (this line is also found only
one time in the trace file when a packet is dropped)
r: when a packet arrives at the destination
f: when a packet is forwarded by some node.
so let's assume node 1 tries to send a packet to node 3 through node 2.
Node 1 sends (first column: "s") the packet, node 2 forwards ("f") it
and node 3 receives ("r") it. Is it right??? I mean doesn't node 2 first
receives ("r") the packet then forward it ("f")????
Normally we would get: Total of sent cbr packets = total of dropped cbr
packets + total of received cbr packets. But while analysing my trace
files i get:  Total of sent cbr packets < total of dropped cbr packets +
total of received cbr packets. Although the difference is not that big,
i would know how it exists???
Total of sent cbr packets: Lines with s at the beginning and cbr as
packet type
total of dropped cbr packets: Lines with d at the beginning and cbr as
packet type
total of received cbr packets:Lines with r at the beginning and cbr as
packet type

Thanks a lot for any help or comment.
Riadh

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet