Subject: [manet] about clustering computation

From: Ashish Pandey <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 16:34:23 +0530 (IST)

Hi 

I'm research student in Deptt. of Computer Science & Engg. at Indian
Institute of Technology, Kanpur. Nowadays i'm working on Manet, i'm
basically working on clustering mean formation of clusters and their
stability..so can anyone suggest me which clustering scheme there are
using in ad hoc networks

regards

Ashish

-- 

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Stefano Basagni <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 09:58:46 -0500 (EST)

Ashish,

  whenever clustering, or the construction of a dynamic backbone is
involved, we use the clustering algorithms described in:

@inproceedings{clus1,
  author =       "Basagni, S. and Turgut, D. and Das, S. K.",
  title =        "Mobility-Adaptive Protocols for Managing Large Ad Hoc
                  Networks",
  booktitle =    "Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on
                  Communications, ICC 2001",
  address =      "Helsinki, Finland",
  month =        "June 11--14",
  year =         2001
}

@inproceedings{Basagni99c,
  author =       "Basagni, S.",
  title =        "Distributed Clustering for Ad Hoc Networks",
  booktitle =    "Proceedings of the 1999 International Symposium on
                  Parallel Architectures, Algorithms, and Networks
                  ({I-SPAN'99})",
  editor =       "Zomaya, A. Y. and Hsu, D. F. and Ibarra, O. and
                  Origuchi, S. and Nassimi, D. and Palis, M.",
  publisher =    "IEEE Computer Society",
  pages =        "310--315",
  address =      "Perth/Fremantle, Australia",
  month =        "June 23--25",
  year =         1999
}

  Cheers, St.

--
Stefano Basagni, Ph.D.     Assistant Professor of Computer  Engineering
Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering   312 Dana Research Center
Northeastern University             360 Huntigton Ave. Boston, MA 02115
Tel. 617 373 3061, Fax 617 373 8970         E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 07:58:16 -0500 (EST)

Hi Ashish,

	B. Liang and Z.J. Haas, "Virtual Backbone Generation and 
	Maintenance in Ad Hoc Network Mobility Management," IEEE 
	INFOCOM'2000, Tel Aviv, Israel, March 26-30, 2000 

Zygmunt Haas.
===--=-==-====
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Prof. Zygmunt J. Haas                    http://people.ece.cornell.edu/haas 
Wireless Networks Laboratory		 http://wnl.ece.cornell.edu
School of Electrical Engineering         
Cornell University			 tel: +1-607-255-3454
323 Frank Rhodes Hall			 fax: +1-607-255-9072
Ithaca, NY 14853			 e-mail: [email-masked]
U.S.A                             
	WNL web page: http://wnl.ece.cornell.edu
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

---

From: Hongwei Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 10:56:08 -0500

Ashish,

In terms of scalable clustering and self-healing of clusters in the 
presence of complex perturbations, we have a paper on this as follows:

    Hongwei Zhang, Anish Arora, "GS^3 : Scalable Self-configuration and
    Self-healing in Wireless Networks", /21st ACM SIGACT-SIGOPS
    Symposium on Principles of Distributed Computing (PODC 2002)/.

Best,

Hongwei