Subject: [manet] FWD: RE: About the "Mitigating Routing.. " Paper

From: zhen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 11:07:41 -0400

Thank you so much for all kind answers.

>===== Original Message From 	"Sergio Marti" <[email-masked]> =====
Hi Zhen,

Watchdog monitoring applies to the data transmission stage since each data
packet includes the whole path the packet should traverse.

If nodes are using frequency hopping then it is likely that each pair of
nodes
will use their own "pattern".  Therefore nodes would not be able to overhear
their neighbors, so it is a limitation of watchdog.

-Sergio

----- Original Message -----
From: "zhen" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, January 25, 2003 12:23 PM
Subject: About the "Mitigating Routing.. " Paper

Hello, Sergio,

Recently I am working on the topic of securing routing protocols in Ad Hoc
Networks. The idea of in the paper mentioned above is very interesting but I
have following questions to ask.

Does the idea apply to the stage of data transmission or the one of finding
routes? I suppose it applies to the first one because only so you have the
list of nodes needed by monitoring procedure.

How do you feel the limitation of " does not work well in multi-rate
wireless
networks because nodes might not hear their neighbors forwarding
communications due to different modulation"(An On-Demand Secure Routing
Protocol Resilient to Byzantine Failures). But I suppose if nodes can
communicate, they should be in same modulation model. Is this the right
case?

thanks for any help

Zhen Zhen

Graduate CS Dalhousie University

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet