Subject: [manet] APE test bed

From: Abhinav Gupta <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 16:46:05 -0700

Hi,

I have downloaded the APE (Ad hoc performance evaluation) testbed and am 
trying to install it. When I try to make the package I get following error:
/home/grads/gupta/ape-sources-0.4/kernel/linux/Makefile: No such file or 
directory

Am I supposed to copy the contents of linux kernal under /usr/src/linux 
2.4.x to ~/ape-sources-0.4/kernel/linux?

 Also if somebody has used this package, can they let me know of its 
performance?

Abhinav.

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Edward Hua <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 22:23:08 -0500 (EST)

If your error is what I think it is, you might want to try to
do a symbolic link from /usr/src/linux to your APE 
subdirectory. To do that:

go to /usr/src/ and type: 
ln -s /home/grads/gupta/ape-sources-0.4/kernel/linux ./linux

and then try the Makefile again. I also suggest you read the APE 
instructions manual carefully because sometimes it's easy to let a few 
details slip.

-Ed