Subject: [manet] Several questions about linux driver for wireless cards!

From: "Qian Wu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 00:23:04 -0500

Dear all,

I am realatively new to linux and wireless card. I am doing wireless
testbed experiments to evaluate the performance of the different routing
protocols (e.g.,AODV,DSR). I have the followoing questions before I set up
my wireless testbed, and I'll appreciate your help in this regard.

1. I am looking for wireless cards that are most compatiable to the linux
system? Can anyone give some suggestion? (It would be better if the
wireless card can support 802.11g.)

2. Can anyone suggest which linux system will support wireless card
better?

3. Other requirements to this wireless card include capability to turn
on/off RTS/CTS, and to control transmission power.

4. Is there any card that can let you change the sensing threshold of
CSMA?

Any information is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Qian

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet