Subject: [manet] [Fwd: CFP for WWIC 2005]

From: Ruy de Oliveira <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 14:56:06 +0100

Please distribute it to potentially interested people. We do apologize in 
case you receive duplicates.

Call for Papers WWIC 2005 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
3rd Intl. Conference on Wired/Wireless Internet Communications (WWIC 2005)
May 11-13 2005, Xanthi, Greece
http://www.wwic2005.org/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next generation mobile networks will be based on Internet core networks and
wireless access networks. The need for efficient merging of the wired and
wireless infrastructure as well as the new multimedia services and
applications of next generation networks call for novel network
architectures, protocols and traffic-related mechanisms. WWIC is addressing
research topics such as the design and evaluation of protocols, the
dynamics of the integration, the performance tradeoffs, the need for new
performance metrics, and cross-layer interactions. The goal of the
conference is to present high-quality results in the field, and to provide
a framework for research collaboration through focused discussions that
will designate future research efforts and directions. In this context, the
program committee will accept only a limited number of papers that meet the
criteria of originality, presentation quality and topic relevance. 
Proceedings will be  published by LNCS Springer. Selected best papers will
appear in a journal special issue. The specific journal will be 
announced prior to submission deadline.In addition, the best paper as well
as the runner up will be awarded at the conference, based on reviewer
comments and suggestions of the Technical Program Committee members. The
conference will open  with an invited keynote speech by Ian F. Akyldiz.  

Papers should address one of the following topics. 

- Network design and network planning 
- Traffic engineering 
- Traffic characterisation and modeling
- Mobile service level agreements / specification
- Simulation technologies for next generation mobile networks
- Transport protocols and congestion control 
- Cross layer interactions
- Mobility management
- End-to-end Quality of Service support
- Heterogeneous wireless access networks
- Integration and interworking of wired and wireless networks
- Performance evaluation of mobile and wireless networks and systems
- Handover techniques
- Wireless multimedia systems
- Service creation and management environments for mobile/wireless systems
- Resource management and admission control
- QoS signaling 
- QoS routing
- Wireless Multi-Hop Networks
- Economical issues of wireless networks
- Pricing, charging and accounting in wireless networks

Submission deadline    		December  6, 2004 
Notification of acceptance	January  31, 2005
Camera ready papers		February 28, 2005 
Conference			May   11-13, 2005 

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet