Subject: [manet] WiNMee Workshop: Paper submission deadline extended, Dec. 24th

From: Imad Aad <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 18:22:38 +0100 (CET)

(Our oppologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP)

                           WiNMee Workshop
                           ---------------

                        http://www.winmee.org/

             1st workshop on Wireless Network Measurements
                      (co-located with WiOpt 2005)
                           April 3rd, 2005
                    Riva Del Garda, Trentino, Italy

The area of wireless networking has attracted a lot of interest in the
recent past. Nonetheless, evaluation of the performance of wireless networks
and the solutions that are designed to address the identified issues is
usually based on simulations.

Only recently did researchers turn their attention to actual testbeds for
similar tasks. Actual wireless testbeds are likely to prove very challenging
environments to work with due to the unique properties of the wireless
medium (in contrast to the well explored area of wired measurements and
experimentation).

The wireless medium is bound to behave differently depending on the location
of the testbed and reproducibility of results is no longer a given. Lastly,
solutions that have been previously proposed in the literature may be
infeasible in an operational environment if they require changes in the
network devices. As a result, effort has also been put into designing
wireless hardware where researchers can gain access to functionality that is
not typically exposed at the network driver level.

In this workshop we would like to solicit short, 6 pages, papers that report
on experiences obtained from operational wireless experiments in testbeds or
the field. Topics include:

      * operational experience on the performance of wireless networks
      * challenges with wireless measurements
      * experimental (in)validation of usually made assumptions in a wireless
        environment
      * metrics that would be required in a wireless network for performance
        evaluation or wireless network troubleshooting
      * experience from building/designing wireless networks
      * description of tools for building and/or managing wireless testbeds
        (e.g. wireless link emulation)
      * techniques for scaling the testbed
      * techniques for improving the repeatability of tests
      * techniques for validating the results obtained in the wireless
testbed
      * methods for simplifying experiment setup and reconfiguration
      * mobility pattern implementation

Important Dates:
----------------

Submission deadline:            Extended: December 24, 2004
Notification deadline:          January 28, 2004
Camera-ready due:               February 18, 2005

Workshop chairs:
----------------

Lakshman Krishnamurthy          Intel
Konstantina Papagiannaki        Intel Research Cambridge

Technical Program Committee:
----------------------------

Chadi Barakat			INRIA, France
Elizabeth M. Belding-Royer,     UC Santa Barbara, U.S.A.
Andrew Campbell,                Columbia University, U.S.A.
Edward Knightly,                Rice University, U.S.A.
Lakshman Krishnamurthy,         Intel Corporation, U.S.A.
Josep Mangues,                  CTTC, Spain
Jitu Padhye,                    Microsoft Research, U.S.A.
Konstantina Papagiannaki,       Intel Research Cambridge, U.K.
Kave Salamatian,                LIP6, France
Aruna Seneviratne,              National ICT, Australia
Suresh Singh,                   Portland State University, U.S.A.
Leandros Tassiulas,             University of Thessaly, Greece

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet