Subject: Re: [manet] Path Accumulation in DyMO

From: gabriel montenegro <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 12:17:31 -0800

I've been reading this thread to try to understand where DyMO might
be going in this respect. Not that I can tell yet, but I'd like to
suggest an additional consideration. As I recall during the presentation,
the idea is that DyMO would also support so-called wireless sensor
networks.

If this is true, then from the point of view of WSNs, things like
code size, complexity and power consumption move up in ranking within
the priority list.

At least some of these scenarios are heterogeneous in the sense that, the puniest of
devices will not be "routers" (in the IP sense of the word) spending all
their sorry lives as nothing but leaf nodes.

So such re-prioritization does not apply to *all* devices
in these network, because not all  are expected
to be downright "puny" (as *an* example, say, 2K ram, 32K code space).
But for those that are, it would be good to understand what additional code
size and complexity we're talking about here.

Does anybody have any clue as to what path accumulation implies when
implemented on leaf nodes versus routers in such manets (WSNs)?

Same question applies to DyMO in general, any ideas?

tnx,

-gabriel

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet