Subject: RE: [manet] Default Forwarding Algorithm in OLSR

From: "Dearlove, Christopher (UK)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 14:08:13 +0000

> As you have noted, the invariants of the algorithm are:
> - A message is processed at most once
> - A message is retransmitted at most once
> - Only messages coming on symmetrical links are processed/forwarded
>   (true for RFC3626 messages: HELLO, TC, MID, HNA).
> - A message has been processed if and only if there is a
>   duplicate tuple for it in the duplicate set
> - D_retransmitted is set, if and only if the message has been
>   retransmitted
> - When D_retransmitted is false, D_iface_list gives the list of
>   interfaces on which the message has been received

A question of interest is whether this can be weakened so that
the third point becomes

> - Only messages coming on symmetrical links are forwarded

(Just for now let's ignore how we specify this in the set,
although actually I think it's slightly easier than what is
currently specified.)

********************************************************************
This email and any attachments are confidential to the intended
recipient and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient please delete it from your system and notify the sender.
You should not copy it or use it for any purpose nor disclose or
distribute its contents to any other person.
********************************************************************

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet