Subject: [manet] Call for Papers - WICON Workshop on Information Fusion and Dissemination in Wireless Sensor Networks

From: hqi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 19:20:26 -0500

[Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP]

===========================================================
WICON Workshop on Information Fusion and Dissemination 
in Wireless Sensor Networks
July 10 - 14, 2005
Budapest, Hungary
http://www.sensorfusion.org
===========================================================

********** Paper submission deadline: January 30, 2005 **********

Scope
======
The Wireless Internet Conference (WICON 2005, http://www.wicon.org) has 
planned a special workshop devoted to information fusion and dissemination in 
the broader context of emerging sensor networks. The aim of this workshop is 
to provide a focal point for recent advances in this foundational area of 
information fusion and dissemination for sensor networks across different 
paradigms, disciplines and technologies.

Call for Paper
===============
The convergence of internet, wireless communications, and information 
processing technologies with techniques for miniaturization has opened up new 
vistas of research for sensor networks. Emerging technologies for sensing and 
pervasive computing have placed sensor networks at the threshold of a period 
of major growth. It has extended information fusion and dissemination in 
sensor networks from data aggregation, association and monitoring of 
interactions among hardware and software entities in ubiquitous computing 
environments to intelligent information processing for the next generation 
wireless internet. For the emerging hybrid sensor networks, information fusion 
can help in the seamless integration of smart sensors and actuators, devices 
and capabilities, software and hardware agents, sensor network applications 
and sensor nodes, distributed and collaborative algorithms, different 
communication technologies, different networking architectures, etc., all over 
wireless or wire-line backbones. The Wireless Internet Conference (WICON 2005) 
has planned a special workshop devoted to information fusion and dissemination 
in the broader context of emerging sensor networks. The aim of this workshop 
is to provide a focal point for recent advances in this foundational area of 
information fusion and dissemination for sensor networks across different 
paradigms, disciplines and technologies. Submitted papers should report new 
contributions underpinning fusion of data and knowledge in distributed sensor 
networks from various perspectives. Papers will be fully refereed and accepted 
papers will be published in the conference proceedings. Selected papers from 
this workshop will also be recommended for possible publication in Information 
Fusion, an Elsevier Publication. Topics appropriate for this workshop include 
(but are not necessarily restricted to):

    * Programmable architectures and infrastructure for sensor networks
    * Scalable, adaptive, self-organizing and self-healing architectures for 
sensor networks
    * Multi-sensor, multi-source information networking architectures for 
sensor networks
    * Intelligent, autonomous, seamless, pervasive, multi-sensor information 
processing over wireless or wire-line internet backbone for distributed sensor 
networks
    * Information fusion and dissemination in mesh networks
    * Data collection, compression/decompression and mining strategies in 
sensor networks
    * Distributed database processing in sensor networks
    * In-network processing, aggregation and data association in sensor 
networks
    * Transport, Routing, Physical and Link Layer Protocol development for 
information fusion
    * Cross Layer Protocol design and development using Information Fusion
    * Energy and mobility management algorithms for sensor networks
    * Node localization in sensor networks
    * Information Fusion for Resource Allocation and Quality of Service in 
sensor networks
    * Integration of fusion and learning in sensor networks
    * Integration of software and hardware agents for sensor network 
applications
    * Service discovery, creation and provisioning for sensor networks through 
wireless or wire-line internet
    * Mechanisms for authenticated, secure communication and data fusion in 
sensor networks
    * Integrated test-beds, experiments, algorithms and measurements
    * Real-world sensor network applications addressing fusion of data and 
knowledge

Authors should prepare the manuscript as per submission guidelines found at 
WICON website. Manuscript submission should be done electronically through the 
conference website. Authors should mention if their papers are meant for the 
workshop.

General Chair:
===============
Pratik Biswas (Penn State University /Applied Research Laboratory, USA)

Organizing/Steering Committee:
===============================
Buyurman Baykal (Middle East Technical University, Turkey)
Pratik Biswas (Penn State University/Applied Research Laboratory, USA)
Krishnendu Chakraborty (Duke University, USA)
Hairong Qi (University of Tennessee at Knoxville, USA)
Yi Zou (Duke University, USA)
  
Technical Program Committee:
=============================
Buyurman Baykal (Middle East Technical University, Turkey)
Christian Bettstetter (DoCoMo Euro-Labs, Germany)
Steve Buckley (IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, USA)
Andrew Campbell (Columbia University, USA)
Krishnendu Chakraborty (Duke University, USA)
Imrich Chlamtac (Create-Net /University of Trento/ University of Texas at 
Dallas, Italy/USA)
Marco Conti (Institute for Informatics and Telematics (IIT/CNR), Italy)
Belur V. Dasarathy (Information Fusion Consultant, USA)
Suprakash Datta (York, Canada)
Stephen Hailes (University College London, UK)
Jennifer Hou (University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, USA)
Dinesh Kumar (Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, Australia)
Julia Liu (Palo Alto Research Center Incorporated, USA)
Subrata Mazumdar (Avaya Labs, USA)
Frank Mueller (North Carolina State University at Raleigh, USA)
Yuji Oie (Kyushu Institute of Technology, Japan)
Himanshu Pota (University of New South Wales, Australia)
Hairong Qi (University of Tennessee at Knoxville, USA)
Nageswara Rao (Oak Ridge National Laboratory, USA)
Csaba Szabo (Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Hungary)
Jie Wu (Florida Atlantic University, USA)
Yanyong Zhang (Rutgers University, USA)

--
Hairong Qi
Assistant Professor
Electrical and Computer Engineering Dept.
University of Tennessee
Knoxville, TN 37996
Tel: 865-974-8527, Fax: 865-974-5483
http://panda.ece.utk.edu/~hqi

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet