Subject: [manet] mobility patterns

From: Shakeel Butt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 21:07:40 -0800

Hi,

I am looking for mobility patterns of nodes used in theory and
simulation. Actually I was to see scalability in large scale ad hoc
networks when nodes are pretty much mobile.

Can anyone give some references or any kind of material for that?

Thanx in advance.

Regards
Shakeel Farooq Butt
NUCES-FAST
Lahore, Pakistan

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Gerou <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 12:50:07 -0700 (MST)

Shakeel,
Here's at least a place to start:

T. Camp, J. Boleng, and V. Davies, A Survey of Mobility Models for Ad Hoc
Network Research, Wireless Communication & Mobile Computing (WCMC):
Special issue on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking: Research, Trends and
Applications, vol. 2, no. 5, pp. 483-502, 2002

 W. Navidi and T. Camp, Stationary Distributions for the Random Waypoint
Mobility Model, IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 3, no. 1, pp.
99-108, January-March 2004.

W. Navidi, T. Camp, and N. Bauer, Improving the Accuracy of Random
Waypoint Simulations Through Steady-State Initialization, Proceedings of
the 15th International Conference on Modeling and Simulation (MS '04), pp.
319-326, March 2004

These papers can be downloaded at: http://toilers.mines.edu

At the same site are directions for requesting code for generating
mobility models as well as code for mobility visualization software
(iNSpect).

HTH,
Greg Gerou

[email-masked]

---

From: Mirco Musolesi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 08:41:55 +0000

Hi Shakeel,

we are working on mobility models founded on social networks theory.

You can find more information at this address:

http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/research/mobile/mobilitymodelsproject.html

Best regards,
Mirco

-- 
Mirco Musolesi
Department of Computer Science
University College London
Gower Street London WC1E 6BT United Kingdom
Email: [email-masked]
Phone: +44 20 7679 3645 Fax: +44 20 7387 1397
Web: http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/m.musolesi