Subject: [manet] Call for Papers: IEEE JSAC MRNM

From: "Fan Zhao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 01:44:05 -0800 (PST)

PLEASE ACCEPT OUR APOLOGIES IF YOU RECEIVE MULTIPLE COPIES       

                            CALL FOR PAPERS                            
            IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications            
                  MOBILE ROUTERS AND NETWORK MOBILITY                  

  http://www.argreenhouse.com/society/J-SAC/Calls/mobile_routers.html

Network mobility support is concerned with managing the mobility of an 
entire network that is changing its point of attachment to the Internet 
and thus its reachability in the Internet topology. If network mobility 
is not explicitly supported by some mechanisms, existing sessions break 
and connectivity to the global Internet is lost. A mobile network is 
composed of Mobile Router(s) (MR) and Mobile Network Nodes (MNN) that 
can be fixed or mobile. There has been rapid development in network 
mobility support, i.e., providing Internet connectivity to the networks 
that move using mobile routers since the inception of Mobile IPv4 in 
1996. Seamless Internet access in public transportation such as in 
trains and busses can be possible if mobile routers are used. Cars with 
low-power sensors seamlessly connected to the Internet constitute yet 
another example of networks which move. To date, some airline companies 
announced Internet connectivity support during commercial flights and 
this trend is expected to accelerate and cover most if not all flights. 

This issue is focused on modeling, analysis, and simulation of network 
mobility support protocols. We solicit papers presenting original and 
unpublished work including, but not limited to the following topics: 

* Modeling and Analysis of Network Mobility 
    o Modeling, analysis and simulation of mobile router 
    o Protocols for route optimization 
    o Mobility issues inside a mobile network 
    o Mobile IPv6 extensions for route optimization 
    o Nested mobile networks 
    o Multihomed mobile networks 
    o Operational issues to deploy mobile networks 
    o Auto-configuration for mobile networks 
    o Mobile router support on cellular phone platforms 

* Services in the Networks that Move 
    o Service advertisement and discovery protocols in networks that
      move 
    o Specifications nad models of services for network mobility 
    o Encryption and authentication in service access for network
      mobility 

* Security Issues in Network Mobility 
    o Security analysis of present network mobility support protocols 
    o Applications of AAA and EAP to network mobility 
    o Interaction with security-enhanced modules in other layers 
      (vertically) or other middle boxes (horizontally) 

Prospective authors should follow the IEEE J-SAC manuscript format 
described in the Information for Authors. Authors MUST submit their 
draft manuscripts through the EDAS peer review website, together with a 
short abstract (approximately 150 words) in the EDAS website form. 
Please note potential authors should create their own accounts through 
the EDAS peer review website before submitting manuscript(s). EDAS will 
accept manuscripts in PDF format only. There will be one round of 
reviewers and acceptance will be limited to those papers requiring only 
moderate revisions. The following timetable applies: 

Manuscript Submission: JUNE 1, 2005
Acceptance Notification: December 1, 2005
Final Manuscript Due: March 1, 2006
Publication: 3rd Quarter 2006

Guest Editorial Board: 

Behcet Sarikaya
Computer Science Dept
Univ of Northern British Columbia
Prince George, BC
Canada V2N 4Z9
[email-masked]

S. Felix Wu
Dept of Computer Science
Univ of California at Davis
Davis, CA 95616 USA
[email-masked]

Gopal Dommety
Cisco Systems, Inc
170 West Tasman Dr
San Jose, CA 95134-1706 USA
[email-masked]

Claude Castelluccia
INRIA Rhône-Alpes ZIRST
655 Ave de l'Europe
Montbonnot
38334 Saint Ismier cedex
France
[email-masked]

Thierry Ernst
Jun Murai Lab
Keio Univ K-square
Town Campus
1488-8 Ogura, Saiwai-ku,
Kawasaki, Kanagawa 212-0054
Japan
[email-masked]

Charles E. Perkins
Communication Systems Lab
Nokia Research Center
313 Fairchild Dr
Mountain View, CA 94943 USA
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet