Subject: [manet] ACM MONET Special Issue on SOFT RADIO-ENABLED HETEROGENEOUS WIRELESS NETWORKS

From: "Dr. Hongyi Wu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 12:12:43 -0600 (CST)

[Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP]

==============================================================
	ACM Mobile Networks and Applications (MONET)
		Special Issue On
SOFT RADIO-ENABLED HETEROGENEOUS WIRELESS NETWORKS
===============================================================

********** Paper submission deadline: March 1, 2005 **********

With Guest Editors

Dr. Guohong Cao
Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering
The Pennsylvania State University
TEL: 814-863-1241
FAX: 814-865-3176
E-mail: [email-masked]

Dr. Dapeng Wu
Dept. of Electrical & Computer Engineering
University of Florida
TEL:  352-392-4954
FAX: 352-392-0044
E-mail: [email-masked]

Dr. Hongyi Wu (contact)
The Center for Advanced Computer Studies
University of Louisiana at Lafayette
TEL: 337-482-5779
FAX: 337-482-5791
E-mail: [email-masked]

Dr. Junshan Zhang
Department of Electrical Engineering
Arizona State University
TEL: 480-727-7389
FAX: 480-965-8325
E-mail: [email-masked]

With various network characteristics, a number of wireless systems have
been developed over past years, targeting at different applications. While
most of these wireless technologies are deployed independently for now,
the service providers surely intend to own and operate overlaid
heterogeneous wireless systems, which integrate multiple wireless
technologies with partially overlapped coverage areas and provide
ubiquitous network service to mobile users.

Recent advances in reconfigurable computing have greatly advanced the
design of soft radios, which enable the communication with many different
radios with only a reconfiguration in software parameters. The maturation
of soft radio technology is becoming one of the most important milestones
for seamless integration of the heterogeneous wireless network. Serving as
the "glue", the soft radio technology has its niche in in two folds:  (1)
the network infrastructure can be built upon soft radio, where the base
stations are tunable to different frequency bands and serve as general
access points for various mobile hosts (MHs), e.g., cellular handsets,
laptops, and PDA's (Personal Digital Assistants); and (2) the MHs may
employ soft radio, and accordingly, get access to various wireless systems
(such as wireless LAN, cellular, IEEE 802.20, and IEEE 802.16), providing
ubiquitous service for mobile users. An important design issue is to
capitalize on the recent achievement in soft radio technology for
providing improved and more efficient connectivity and service in
heterogeneous wireless networks.

With this special issue we aim at bringing together state-of-the-art
contributions in this emerging area of soft radio-enabled heterogeneous
wireless networks. We are seeking for papers reporting novel research or
commercial/industrial experiences. These papers should be original,
unpublished, and not currently under review by other conference, workshop,
or journal. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to the
following:

-	System optimization
-	Efficient spectrum allocation and management
-	Dynamic network topology discovery and optimization
-	Smart handoff and inter-system signaling
-	Quality of service in the heterogeneous networks
-	Routing and load balancing
-	Mobility management
-	System modeling and performance evaluation
-	Cognitive radio and testbed design

* PUBLICATION SCHEDULE:

   o MANUSCRIPT DUE: March 1, 2005
   o ACCEPTANCE NOTIFICATION: May 31, 2005
   o FINAL MANUSCRIPT DUE: July 1, 2005
   o EXPECTED PUBLICATION DATE: First Quarter, 2006

* SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:

Authors should email an electronic (Postscript or PDF) copy of their
papers to Dr. Hongyi Wu, [email-masked], by Feb. 1, 2005.
Submissions should be limited to 20 double space pages excluding figures,
graphs and illustrations. If email submission is impossible then six (6)
copies of the paper (double-sided if possible) should be sent by the due
date to:

     Dr. Hongyi Wu
     The Center for Advanced Computer Studies (CACS)
     University of Louisiana at Lafayette
     P.O. Box 44330
     Lafayette, LA 70504-4330
     Tel: 337-482-5779

All submissions will be reviewed following the standard procedure.

--Hongyi
========================================================================
Dr. Hongyi Wu,  Assistant Professor
The Center for Advanced Computer Studies (CACS)
University of Louisiana (UL) at Lafayette
P.O. Box 44330, Lafayette, LA 70504-4330, U.S.A.
Tel: 337-482-5779, Fax: 337-482-5791
E-mail: [email-masked]
http://www.cacs.louisiana.edu/~wu
========================================================================

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet