Subject: [manet] Last CFP SaNSO 2005, Fukuota, Japan, July 20-22, 2005: extended deadline

From: "David Simplot-Ryl" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 09:40:57 +0100

Please accept our apologies in case you receive this information from
multiple sources.
======================================================================
			2nd Call for Papers

			      SaNSO 2005

		   First International Workshop on
	       System and Networking for Smart Objects

		    to be held in conjunction with
		   11th International Conference on
	    Parallel and Distributed Systems (ICPADS-2005)

		  Fukuoka, Japan, July 20 - 22, 2005

		  http://www.lifl.fr/RD2P/SANSO2005
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ubiquitous computing leads to the appearance of new networked devices
and creates a unique challenge by the proliferation of distributed
computing involving all heterogeneous computing devices. The concept
of "smart object" is defined as the junction between miniaturization
with the development of wireless communications. A large number of
applications in daily life enriched can be imagined: from PDA networks
to smart space, from wireless smartcard to smart fridges. Smart
objects like smartcards, RFID tags, wireless sensors, smart dust,
require suitable basic software which takes into account the
specificity of smart objects: limited resources, mobile and untrusted
environment.

This workshop covers the area of system and networking for smart
devices. In particular, it will cover operating system architecture,
network and transport layers, as well as applications, power
management, security. It is the goal of this workshop to provide up to
date information on research and development activities in this
rapidly rising research area.

Areas of relevant interest we foresee (but not limited to) include:

  * Smart devices like smartcards, RFID tags, sensors and smart dusts
  * Embedded operating system dedicated to smart objects
  * Mobile and ad hoc networking protocols and service discovery
  * Design principles and techniques for smart embedded systems
  * Middleware services for deployment and management of smart objects
  * Security and safety issues of ubiquitous computing systems
  * Location-dependent / personalized applications
  * Wireless sensor networks and group management of sensor nodes 

* Submission and Timetable *

The submission deadline is extended to January 24, 2005. Send papers as
pdf file to [email-masked]. Submitted papers should be formatted
in a two-column IEEE Computer Society format (URL:
http://computer.org/cspress/instruct.htm) and should not exceed 6
pages including figures and references.

After SaNSO 2005, distinguished papers which are presented will be
published in a special issue of International Journal of Parallel,
Emergent and Distributed Systems (IJPEDS).

Manuscript Submission:   ***January 24, 2005*** (hard extended deadline)
Acceptance Notification: March 7, 2005
Final Manuscript Due:    April 20, 2005

* Workshop Chair *

David SIMPLOT-RYL
IRCICA/LIFL, Univ. Lille 1, INRIA Futurs, France
[email-masked]

* Program Committee *

* Matthias Anlauff, Kestrel Institute, USA
* Michel Bânatre, IRISA, France
* Cristian Borcea, New Jersey Institute of Technology, USA
* Grzegorz Czajkowski, SUN Microsystems Laboratories, USA
* Bart Dhoedt, University of Gent, Belgium
* Laura Marie Feeney, SICS, Kista, Sweden
* Bertil Folliot, University of Paris, France
* Isabelle Guérin Lassous, INSA Lyon, France
* Gilles Grimaud, University of Lille, France
* Liviu Iftode, Rutgers University, USA
* Chandra Krintz, University of California, Santa Barbara, USA
* Jean-Louis Lanet, INRIA Sophia-Antipolis, France
* Jay Lepreau, University of Utah, USA
* Stephan Olariu, Old Dominion University, USA
* Ian Marshall, University of Kent, UK
* Michael Montgomery, Axalto, USA
* Gilles Muller, Ecole des Mines de Nantes, France
* Pierre Paradinas, CNAM Paris, France
* Isabelle Simplot-Ryl, University of Lille, France
* Ivan Stojmenovic, University of Ottawa, Canada
* Asuman Suenbuel, SAP Research Labs, USA
* Jean-Jacques Vandewalle, Gemplus, France
* Takashi Watanabe, Shizuoka University, Japan
* Jie Wu, Florida Atlantic University, USA
* Wanghong Yuan, NTT DoCoMo, USA

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet