Subject: [manet] CFP MeshNets'05 (at WICON'05) -- submission deadline 30 Jan

From: Laura Marie Feeney <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 23:02:00 +0100

Apologies if you receive multiple copies ...

=====
                                MeshNets 2005
                           http://www.meshnets.org

                        In conjunction with WICON 2005
                      10 July 2005, Budapest, Hungary

                              IMPORTANT DATES

                 Submissions due:             January 30, 2005
                 Notification of Acceptance:  March 15, 2005
                 Camera-ready Version due:    May 15, 2005

CALL FOR PAPERS

The long-term success of the Wireless Internet depends on the 
establishment of an architectectural framework that can meet the 
increasingly stringent demands place on it by our mobile, "always 
connected" society.  Wireless mesh networks are expected to be a key 
element of this future.

In a wireless mesh network, mobile devices or networks cooperatively 
establish mulit-hop, or even multi-radio communication paths in a 
dynamic environment, providing an alternative form of wireless 
connectivity.  To achieve scalability and performance, such a network 
must manage complex tradeoffs among factors such as coverage, 
throughput/delay and QoS support.  Many such networks must also be able 
to support self-organizing and self-healing modes of operation.

The emergence of wireless PAN, LAN, and MAN technologies and an 
ever-growing demand for connectivity suggest that wireless mesh networks 
will play an important role in the future development of the Wireless 
Internet.  The importance and timeliness of this topic is confirmed by 
the many start-up companies defining technology and products in this 
space, as well as the work of standards bodies such as the IEEE 802.11s 
Working Group.

The goal of this workshop is to bring together an international group of 
academics, researchers, and industry practitioners to a) provide a view 
of the state-of-art, b) identify outstanding challenges and c) present 
current research on all aspects of mesh networks. The workshop will 
therefore include panel discussion and invited speakers, as well as 
papers selected through this CFP.

In particular, we encourage submissions which make fundamental 
contributions to the theory and practice of wireless mesh networking, 
with emphasis on cross-layer protocol design and implementation, 
especially in the context of programmable and software defined radio.

We solicit paper on topics including, but not limited to the following 
areas of relevance to mesh networks:

	* Link and MAC layer design
	* Cross-layer optimization
	* Radio resource management and QoS support
	* Programmable and software defined radios
	* User mobility models and mobility management
	* Topology deduction and network measurement
	* Performance evaluation and modelling
	* Experimental systems and test-beds
	* Security and authentication
	* Interworking between wireless access and the wired backbone

PROPOSALS FOR PANELS

Proposals for panel sessions on wireless networking and related topics
are also solicited.

Panel topics should address innovative, controversial, or otherwise
provocative topics related to wireless mesh networking. Please submit
proposals to the General Chairs .

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES

All submissions will be handled electronically.  Papers must be 
submitted in PostScript or Adobe PDF format. Papers must not exceed 8-10 
(A4 size) pages, including text, figures and references,  with a minimum 
font size of 11pt and reasonable margins.  Submitted papers must be 
original and unpublished work, not currently under review for any other 
conference or journal.

All paper submissions will be carefully reviewed by experts and returned 
to the author(s) with comments to ensure the high quality of accepted 
papers. The authors of accepted papers must guarantee that their paper 
will be presented at the conference. At least one author of each 
accepted paper must be registered for the conference in order for that 
paper to appear in the proceedings and to be scheduled for presentation.

Papers of particular merit will be proposed for publication in the ACM 
Journal of Mobile Networks and Applications (MONET), by Kluwer Academic 
Pulblishers.

ORGANIZATION:

General  Co-chairs:
	Shyam Chakraborty
	Helsinki University of Technology
	[email-masked]

	Sumit Roy
	University of Washington
	[email-masked]

IMPORTANT DATES:

Submissions due: 	        * January 30, 2005 *
Notification of Acceptance:  	* March 15, 2005 *
Camera-ready Manuscripts due:  	* May 15, 2005 *

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet