Subject: [manet] Simple TCP model over 802.11

From: Evgeny Osipov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 19:50:22 +0100

Dear MANET subscribers!

Is any of you aware of a simple formal model of TCP over MAC 802.11
which describes the performance of a _single_ TCP flow over multihop
wireless in a lossless case with or/and without RTS/CTS exchange?

Basically I am curious about a model which binds: Number of hops, MSS,
window size, transmission capacity and gives the total throughput for a
flow assuming all packets are delivered correctly...

I am aware of a number of experimental studies showing the value of
window sizes to achieve the optimal throughput, but cannot recall a
formal analysis..

Any hints would be of a great help.

Evgeny Osipov 

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Mathi <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 11:45:41 +0530 (IST)

Hi,

Please refer

"Analysis and Enhancement of TCP performance over an IEEE 802.11 Wirlesss 
Multi-Hop Network: Single Session Case", to appear in IEEE ICPWC - 2005

Thanks and Regards
MAthi

-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes
  off your goal."
- Henry Ford
----------------------------------------------------------------------
P Mathivanan 
ME Telecommunication Engineering
Network Engineering Lab, ERNET Labs
Department of Electrical Communication Engineering
Indian Institute of Science
Bangalore 560 012 
India
------
Tel: +91 80 293 2387
Mail: [email-masked]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------