Subject: [manet] Data Caching in MANETs

From: Sergios Soursos <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 16:11:13 +0200

hi all,

i am interested in data caching techniques in MANETs. Are there any good 
papers in this area, or a good survey paper?

thanx,
sergios

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Oliver Waldhorst <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 14:30:25 +0100

Hello Sergios,

we have done some work on epidemic data dissemination in MANETs based on data 
caching. Have a look at:

#  C. Lindemann and O. Waldhorst, Exploiting Epidemic Data Dissemination for 
Consistent Lookup Operations in Mobile Applications, ACM Mobile Computing and 
Communication Review (MC2R) 8(3), Special Issue on Mobile Data Management, 
44-56, 2004.

# C. Lindemann and O. Waldhorst, Consistency Mechanisms for a Distributed 
Lookup Service supporting Mobile Applications, Proc. 3rd Int. ACM Workshop on 
Data Engineering for Wireless and Mobile Access (MobiDE 2003), San Diego, CA, 
61-68, September 2003. 

# C. Lindemann and O. Waldhorst, A Distributed Search Service for Peer-to-Peer 
File Sharing in Mobile Applications, Proc. 2nd IEEE Conf. on Peer-to-Peer 
Computing (P2P 2002), Linköping, Sweden, 71-83, September 2002.

All papers can be downloaded from our group's publications web site: 
http://mobicom.cs.uni-dortmund.de/publications

Regards,
Oliver

-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oliver Waldhorst, M.S.
University of Dortmund
Department of Computer Science
Mobile Computing Systems                           Phone: +49 (231) 755-4797
August-Schmidt-Str. 12                             Fax:   +49 (231) 755-2417
44227 Dortmund, Germany                 E-mail:[email-masked]
WWW: http://mobicom.cs.uni-dortmund.de/~Waldhorst/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mirco Musolesi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 14:45:48 +0000

Hi Sergios,

you may be interested in having a look at our XMIDDLE middleware 
platform. XMIDDLE is a middleware for XML documents sharing and 
synchronization in MANETs settings.

You can find more information in this website:

http://xmiddle.sourceforge.net/

Mirco

-- 
Mirco Musolesi
Department of Computer Science - University College London
Gower Street London WC1E 6BT United Kingdom
Email: [email-masked]
Phone: +44 20 7679 0391 Fax: +44 20 7387 1397
Web: http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/m.musolesi