Subject: [manet] Emergency, Disaster and Wireless Sensor Networks

From: 龍神 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 04:15:05 +0900

Dear all,

Recently I have interest in the possible applications of Wireless Sensor 
Networks for Emergecy and Rescue Operations. Especially in Disaster Relief 
Operations.

I have studied the topics of Emergecy Telecommunications (EMTEL) and 
Telecommunications for Disaster Relief (TDR) also the efforts of IEFT in the 
area of emergency prepardness. 

None of the previous organizations mentions Wireless Sensor Networks but I 
find that almost all papers about WSN's states that emergengy , rescue 
operations and even disaster relief are expected applications of WSN's.

It's been difficult for me to find references or papers that studie WSN's in 
the context of disaster relief applications.

After reading the Wireless Emergency Response Team (WERT) report of September 
11 I think WSN do have some use in disaster relief applications.

I would like to ask the opnion of the MANET mailing list about WSN's in this 
kind of applications, especially after this tragic tsunami in Indonesia that 
has made me think how this new technology could really be usefull in such 
situations as much researchers seem to think?  or if there are some papers or 
work in the topic I would be gratefull for the links.

regards,
Ryujin
Matsumoto Laboratories
Graduate School of Global Information and Telecommunication Studies
Waseda University
Tokyo, Japan

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet