Subject: [manet] DYMO Implementation

From: Ian Chakeres <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 15:23:43 -0600

Though we are still clarifying several issues in the DYMO I-D I would 
like to solicit implementors.  We are looking for few people to 
implement DYMO for simulation, linux, windows and mac.  We are hoping 
to have several implementations before the next IETF (end of July). If 
you are interested in creating a DYMO implementation please reply to 
me.  We can work closely to clarify any issues that arise during your 
implementation experience.

Thank you,
Ian Chakeres

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Ian Chakeres <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 18:33:38 -0600

There are several differences between AODV, AODV-bis, DSR and DYMO. To 
list just a few.

New packet format.
Generic packet handling.
Unsupported element handling.
Optional path accumulation.
Much more.

For more information about  DYMO see the I-D 
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-dymo-00.txt).  We 
are working to put out the next version of the draft based on the 
comments we have received.  If you would like a pre-release version I 
can send it to you.

For a quick overview of DYMOs features tune into the mp3 stream of the 
MANET meeting Thursday morning 9am (CST).

Ian Chakeres

On Mar 8, 2005, at 5:59 PM, henri dubois-ferriere wrote:
> could you briefly explain what are the differences between DYMO and
> AODV, or point us to any relevant documents?
>
> thanks
> henri