Subject: [manet] Updated draft for CDS flooding in MANETs

From: Richard Ogier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 12:37:43 -0800

Hello all,

An update to my draft titled "MANET Extension of OSPF using
CDS Flooding" is available at

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ogier-manet-ospf-extension-03.txt

A powerpoint presentation for this draft is available at

       http://home.earthlink.net/~ogier/cds_ospf3.ppt

This draft will be presented at the OSPF session on Tuesday.

This draft was written mostly as an extension to OSPF, but it
should also be considered as a candidate for flooding and
proactive routing in MANETs.

Here is a summary of the features:

- A scalable CDS algorithm (and family of interoperable CDS algorithms)
  is proposed, which generalizes the OSPF concept of a DR and BDR in
  a natural way.

- The set of DRs forms a CDS, and the set of DRs and BDRs forms a
  biconnected CDS for robustness.

- The computed CDS provides source-independent flooding of LSAs (or
  other packets). The flooding procedure also allows source-dependent
  flooding as an option, if it is desired to flood packets along
  min-hop paths.

- The CDS algorithm uses only 2-hop neighbor information from
  differential Hellos, allowing fast convergence following
  topology changes.

- Only partial 2-hop neighbor information is required. Thus, a
  non-DR/BDR router never needs to include all of its neighbors in
  either a Hello or an LSA.

- The choice of which neighbors to include in LSAs is flexible, allowing
  dissemination of partial or full topology information.

- The number of DRs and BDRs, the number of adjacencies, and the rate
  at which new adjacencies are formed, are all found to be scalable
  in simulations.

Regards,
Richard

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet