Subject: [manet] WiNMee Workshop, call for participation

From: Imad Aad <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 22:00:50 +0100 (CET)

Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this mail.

                          WiNMee Workshop
                          ---------------

                       http://www.winmee.org/

            1st workshop on Wireless Network Measurements
                     (co-located with WiOpt 2005)
                          April 3rd, 2005
                   Riva del Garda, Trentino, Italy

The technical program is available here:
http://www.winmee.org/techprogram.htm

The area of wireless networking has attracted a lot of interest in the recent
past. Nonetheless, evaluation of the performance of wireless networks and the
solutions that are designed to address the identified issues is usually based
on simulations. Only recently did researchers turn their attention to actual
testbeds for similar tasks. Actual wireless testbeds are likely to prove very
challenging environments to work with due to the unique properties of the
wireless medium (in contrast to the well explored area of wired measurements 
and
experimentation). The wireless medium is bound to behave differently depending
on the location of the testbed and reproducibility of results is no longer a
given. Lastly, solutions that have been previously proposed in the literature
may be infeasible in an operational environment if they require changes in the
network devices. As a result, effort has also been put into designing wireless
hardware where researchers can gain access to functionality that is not
typically exposed at the network driver level.

Workshop chairs:
----------------

Lakshman Krishnamurthy          Intel
Konstantina Papagiannaki        Intel Research Cambridge

Technical Program Committee:
----------------------------

Elizabeth M. Belding-Royer,     UC Santa Barbara, U.S.A.
Andrew Campbell,                Columbia University, U.S.A.
Edward Knightly,                Rice University, U.S.A.
Lakshman Krishnamurthy,         Intel Corporation, U.S.A.
Josep Mangues,                  CTTC, Spain
Jitu Padhye,                    Microsoft Research, U.S.A.
Konstantina Papagiannaki,       Intel Research Cambridge, U.K.
Kave Salamatian,                LIP6, France
Aruna Seneviratne,              National ICT, Australia
Suresh Singh,                   Portland State University, U.S.A.
Leandros Tassiulas,             University of Thessaly, Greece

---
Imad AAD
WiOpt Workshops Publicity Chair

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet