Subject: [manet] CfP: Sensor Networks at Informatik 2005

From: Hannes Stratil <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 09:16:34 +0100

-------------------------------------------------------------------

CALL FOR PAPERS

2nd Workshop on Sensor Networks
at the INFORMATIK 2005 Conference
September 19 - 22 2005
Bonn, Germany

http://www-i4.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/sensornets-informatik2005/

PAPER SUBMISSION DEADLINE: April 29, 2005

The workshop takes place from 9:00 to 13:00 on one of the days Sept.
19-22, 2005. Precise date is not known yet.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

SCOPE OF THE WORKSHOP
---------------------

Wireless sensor networks (WSN) - networks of tiny sensing devices
capable of wireless communication - realize the vision of pervasive
computing and bridge the gap between computer systems and the real
world. They are deeply embedded into physical surroundings and gather
and process environmental data like temperature, humidity, light
conditions, seismic activities, or images of the environment. This data
can be used to detect events and to trigger activity. Some applications
are habitat monitoring (observing live animals), precision agriculture,
structural health monitoring (detecting damage in buildings, bridges,
aircrafts), emergency and rescue operations, supply chain management, or
perimeter and building security.

Building on the success of the first Workshop on Sensor Networks at
Informatik 2004, this workshop aims at bringing together researchers
from different backgrounds to create a forum where cross-layer
integration, novel solutions for specific problems, and the future
development of WSN functionalities can be discussed.

Possible topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

- Hardware for WSNs and its impact on communication protocols
- Operating systems and middleware for WSNs
- Communication protocols for WSNs, e.g. MAC and routing, addressing schemes
- Distributed classification and data fusion
- Distributed data storage and processing
- Self-organization in sensor networks
- Quality of Service in WSNs
- Energy/efficiency tradeoffs in all protocol layers
- Security requirements and security primitives for WSNs
- Access control and trust management
- Privacy impacts of WSNs
- Inter-connection between WSN and the Internet
- Testbeds, use cases

PARTICIPANTS
------------

The intended audience are researchers from academia and industry,
especially working in the areas of sensor networks, embedded systems,
communication middleware, and databases as well as resource-constrained
communication networks as such.

SUBMISSION
----------

We accept submissions in both German and English. Submissions must not
exceed 5 pages including figures and bibliography and have to be
formatted according to the style guidelines of the Springer LNI series
available at http://www.gi-ev.de/LNI/.
Submissions should be sent by email to Zinaida Benenson at:
[email-masked].

Accepted submissions will be published in the proceedings of the
INFORMATIK 2005 conference. At least one author of an accepted
submission  is to register to INFORMATIK 2005 and should attend the
workshop. The  workshop will take place from 9:00 to 13:00 on one day
within the  INFORMATIK 2005 conference. Precise date is not known yet.

IMPORTANT DATES
---------------

Submission deadline: April 29, 2005
Acceptance notification: May 27, 2005
Camera ready copy due: June 24, 2005

The workshop takes place from 9:00 to 13:00
on one of the days Sept. 19-22, 2005.

PROGRAM COMMITTEE
-----------------
Z. Benenson, RWTH Aachen
S. Fischer, Luebeck University
T. Fuhrmann, Karlsruhe University (TH)
F. C. Gaertner, RWTH Aachen
H. Karl, Paderborn University
P. Maehoenen, RWTH Aachen
R. Mathar, RWTH Aachen
H. Ritter, FU Berlin
K. Roemer, ETH Zurich
H. Stratil, TU Vienna
T. Voigt, SICS Sweden

ORGANIZATION
------------

Dipl.-Inf. Zinaida Benenson
[email-masked]
Lehrstuhl fuer Informatik 4
RWTH Aachen

ASSOCIATED WORKSHOP
-------------------
Our workshop is associated with the Workshop "Multisensordatenfusion:
Trends, Loesungen, Anwendungsfelder" which takes place after our
workshop on the same day. Technical programs of both workshops will be
coordinated. Participants are encouraged to attend both workshops.

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet