Subject: [manet] Final CFP - MeshNets 2005 (Budapest, July 2005) deadline 15 March

From: Laura Marie Feeney <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 14:22:32 +0100

Apologies if you receive multiple copies.
====

                                MeshNets 2005
                           http://www.meshnets.org

                        In conjunction with WICON 2005
                      10 July 2005, Budapest, Hungary

                              IMPORTANT DATES

                 Submissions due:             March 15, 2005 (hard)
                 Notification of Acceptance:  April 05, 2005
                 Camera-ready Version due:    May 15, 2005

CALL FOR PAPERS

The long-term success of the Wireless Internet depends on the
establishment of an architectectural framework that can meet the
increasingly stringent demands place on it by our mobile, "always
connected" society.  Wireless mesh networks are expected to be a key
element of this future.

In a wireless mesh network, mobile devices or networks
cooperatively establish mulit-hop, or even multi-radio communication
paths in a dynamic environment, providing an alternative form of
wireless connectivity.  To achieve scalability and performance, such a
network must manage complex tradeoffs among factors such as coverage,
throughput/delay and QoS support.  Many such networks must also be
able to support self-organizing and self-healing modes of
operation.

The emergence of wireless PAN, LAN, and MAN technologies and an
ever-growing demand for connectivity suggest that wireless mesh
networks will play an important role in the future development of the
Wireless Internet.  The importance and timeliness of this topic is
confirmed by the many start-up companies defining technology and
products in this space, as well as the work of standards bodies such
as the IEEE 802.11s Working Group.

The goal of this workshop is to bring together an international
group of academics, researchers, and industry practitioners to a)
provide a view of the state-of-art, b) identify outstanding challenges
and c) present current research on all aspects of mesh networks. The
workshop will therefore include panel discussion and invited speakers,
as well as papers selected through this CFP.

In particular, we encourage submissions which make fundamental
contributions to the theory and practice of wireless mesh networking,
with emphasis on cross-layer protocol design and implementation,
especially in the context of programmable and software defined
radio.

We solicit paper on topics including, but not limited to the
following areas of relevance to mesh networks:

     Link and MAC layer design
     Cross-layer optimization
     Radio resource management and QoS support
     Programmable and software defined radios
     User mobility models and mobility management
     Topology deduction and network measurement and characterization
     Performance evaluation and modelling
     Experimental systems and test-beds
     Security and authentication
     Interworking between wireless access and the wired backbone

PROPOSALS FOR PANELS

Proposals for panel sessions on wireless networking and related topics
are also solicited.

Panel topics should address innovative, controversial, or otherwise
provocative topics related to wireless mesh networking. Please submit
proposals to the General Chairs <tpc.html>.

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES

All submissions will be handled electronically.  Papers must be
submitted in PostScript or Adobe PDF format. Papers must not exceed 8-10
(A4 size) pages, including text, figures and references,  with a minimum
font size of 11pt and reasonable margins.  Submitted papers must be
original and unpublished work, not currently under review for any other
conference or journal.

All paper submissions will be carefully reviewed by experts and returned
to the author(s) with comments to ensure the high quality of accepted
papers. The authors of accepted papers must guarantee that their paper
will be presented at the conference. At least one author of each
accepted paper must be registered for the conference in order for that
paper to appear in the proceedings and to be scheduled for presentation.

Papers of particular merit will be proposed for publication in the ACM
Journal of Mobile Networks and Applications (MONET), by Kluwer Academic
Pulblishers.

Electronic submission instructions will be made available shortly.

ORGANIZATION:

General  Co-chairs:
     Shyam Chakraborty
     Helsinki University of Technology
     [email-masked]

     Sumit Roy
     University of Washington
     [email-masked]

IMPORTANT DATES:

Submissions due:             * February 27, 2005 *
Notification of Acceptance:      * April 05, 2005 *
Camera-ready Manuscripts due:      * May 15, 2005 *

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 15:04:29 +0100 (CET)

Hi,
I am a beginner at JiST/SWANS. Any body can tell me how to create a simulation with SWANS and send me some documents about it.
 
Thanks a lot

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
http://mail.yahoo.com

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 12:25:59 -0500 (EST)

Hi 

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 [email-masked] wrote:
> Hi,
> I am a beginner at JiST/SWANS. Any body can tell me how to create a simulation 
> with SWANS and send me some documents about it.

Please take a look at the JiST/SWANS web page: 	http://jist.ece.cornell.edu
and especially under the documents tab: http://jist.ece.cornell.edu/docs.html
where you will find the necessary material to learn how to use JiST and
SWANS.

Zygmunt.
===--==-==
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Prof. Zygmunt J. Haas              http://people.ece.cornell.edu/haas 
Wireless Networks Laboratory       http://wnl.ece.cornell.edu
School of Electrical Engineering         
Cornell University                 tel: +1-607-255-3454
323 Frank Rhodes Hall              fax: +1-607-255-9072
Ithaca, NY 14853                   e-mail: haas(at)ece(dot)cornell(dot)edu
U.S.A                             
	       WNL web page: http://wnl.ece.cornell.edu
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-