Subject: [manet] Re: Medium Capture in Ad hoc (Brown Tim)

From: Evgeny Osipov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 10:11:28 +0100

Tim, Ehsan,

This effect is a well known problem of TCP capture. and yes it is due to
interaction problems of TCP and MAC 802.11. 

Have a look at our publication last year, besides highlighting of the
problem and the analysis of the reasons for this to happen, it has  also
references to the papers where this effect was described first.

"Estimating the Ad Hoc Horizon for TCP over IEEE 802.11 Networks". 3rd
Annual Mediterranean Ad Hoc Networking Workshop (Med-Hoc-Net 2004) June
27-30, 2004, Bodrum, Turkey. Available at
http://cn.cs.unibas.ch/pub/doc/2004-medhoc.pdf

regards,
Evgeny

---
Evgeny Osipov, Tekn. Lic
University of Basel, Switzerland 

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet