Subject: [manet] Redundant topology and MPR flooding simulations...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 12:06:09 -0500 (EST)

Hi all,

I want to do some simulation work to measure the benefits (in terms of
optimal path calculation), of using MPR redundancy and Redundant topology
information... therefore, I wonder if anyone knows about an OLSR
implemenation in any simulator (e.g. NS-2) that has these features
implemented and that I could use... so, I could do some work playing with
MPR_Coverage and TC_Redundancy parameters....

cheers

Pedro Villanueva
PhD student
Ottawa University

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 19:21:47 +0100 (CET)

HiPedro ;==)

 We have developed a general optimized model under OPNET 10.0 and the
number of nodes can reach 100000 nodes. The simulation model implements
several parameters:

- Network parameters: number of nodes (subqueue), area, inter-arrival, etc;

- OLSR parameters: Hello_interval, TC_interval, use of MPRs (on/off), etc;

- CSMA/CA parameters: radio range, noise ratio, RTS/CTS, signal decay, etc;

- mobility parameters: speed-min, speed-max, length mobility intervals, etc.

 You can download the plugin for standard OLSR and README file included in
the archive at: http://qolsr.lri.fr/sim/

Regards

Hakim

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 21:08:06 +0100 (CET)

Hi;

> Hi Hakim,
>
> Thanks for your reply, unfortunately I don't have OPNET neither a licencse
> to use it, and as far as I remember, a license is needed right?..
Yes

> therefore, do you know about any other simulation code, that can be used
> on a free license simulator, which has implemented the features that I
> need?

You can get  the simulation code from the page
http://menetou.inria.fr/olsr/#code , this code is developed under NS
2.1b7a.I and is compliant to draft-ietf-manet-olsr-03.txt. Also, from
http://ants.dif.um.es/masimum/um-olsr/html/ , this code is deceloped under
NS2 for versions 2.27 and 2.28 and is compliant to OLSR RFC.

It is easy to add MPR_COVERAGE (if possible, a node selects its MPR set
such that all strict 2-hop nodes for an interface are reachable through at
least MPR_COVERAGE MPR nodes on that interface) and TC_REDUNDANCY
(specifies the amount of information that MAY be included in the TC
messages) parameters in OLSR simulation code.

Regards

Hakim
> Pedro

---

From: Philippe Jacquet <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 11:26:17 +0100

Hi, Pedro, Hi Hakim,

With 100,000 nodes it will be interesting to use Fisheye with OLSR as 
described in
C. Adjih, E. Baccelli, T.Clausen, P. Jacquet, R. Rodolakis, /“Fish Eye 
OLSR Scaling Properties,” /*Journal of Communications and Networks 
(JCN), Special Issue on **Mobile** Ad Hoc Networks, Dec. 2004*.

Philippe