Subject: [manet] Last Call: 'The Dynamic Source Routing Protocol for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks (DSR)' to Experimental RFC and Reallocation of IP Protocol 48

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 10:59:57 -0500

The IESG has received a request from the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks WG to consider
the following document:

- 'The Dynamic Source Routing Protocol for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks (DSR) '
   <draft-ietf-manet-dsr-10.txt> as an Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to request that IANA reallocates IP Protocol 48 to DSR. 
Although normally an experimental RFC should use the procedures given in RFC
3692, David Johnson (the main author of DSR) was able to confirm that this
protocol number was originally assigned for a proposal for Mobile IP (Mobile
Host Routing Protocol) that was never deployed.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by 2005-04-08.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-dsr-10.txt

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet