Subject: [manet] CfP: HICSS-39 WPAN Minitrack

From: Frank Kargl <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 14:41:58 +0100

Dear researchers,

please excuse us, if you receive multiple copies of this CfP.

		   Wireless Personal Area and Ad-hoc Networks

				CALL FOR PAPERS

			      Thirty-ninth Annual
	      Hawai'i International Conference on System Sciences

			      January 4 - 7, 2006

			      Hyatt Regency, Kauai

Minitrack Webpage:
http://medien.informatik.uni-ulm.de/conferences/hicss39/cfp.html

Additional detail may be found on HICSS primary web site:
http://www.hicss.hawaii.edu

Mirror sites: http://hicss.sepa.tudelft.nl/ and
http://www.is.cityu.edu.hk/hicss/

MINITRACK CO-CHAIRS

* Dr. Frank Kargl, University of Ulm, Germany,
   [email-masked]
* Dr. Elaine Lawrence, University of Technology, Sydney,
   [email-masked]
* Prof. Gergely Záruba, University of Texas at Arlington,
   [email-masked]

SCOPE OF MINITRACK

This minitrack will cover both the area of Wireless Personal Area
Networks (WPANs) and Mobile Ad-hoc Networks (MANETs).

Wireless personal area networks (WPANs) are short to very short-range
(from a couple centimeters to a couple of meters) wireless networks that
can be used to exchange information between devices in the reach of a
person. WPANs can be used to replace cables between computers and their
peripherals, to establish communities helping people do their everyday
chores making them more productive, or to establish location aware
services. Even today a growing percentage of PDAs, phones, laptops
include WPAN technology and the number of small WPAN enabled devices
(e.g., pens, cameras, headsets, various sensors) might soon outnumber
the computers on the Internet. The best example representing WPANs is
the recent industry standard: Bluetooth, other examples include Spike
(for real time gaming - proprietary technology), and the upcoming IEEE
802.15 standard.

Despite the recent success of technologies like Bluetooth, the research
work carried out and presented e.g. at the recent WPAN minitracks at
HICSS indicate that there exist a lot of problems e.g. in the inquiry
process or in setting up larger Bluetooth networks that need to be
addressed in future research.

The construction of larger Bluetooth networks (so called Scatternets)
leads over to the second topic of our minitrack: mobile ad hoc networks.
Whereas the idea of creating infrastructure-less mobile networks dates
back into the seventies (e.g. the PRNET experiment) and to early
experiments in the military sector it is not until the nineties that
this form of networks received significant attention in the research
community. The initial but still ongoing works focused on developing
different routing protocols for MANETs, like AODV, DSR, OLSR and many
more. Later other aspects of MANETs were included, like security,
quality of service, and applications. Today research in ad-hoc networks
gathers mostly around the IETF MANET working group, continuing the
research in routing protocols, and the IRTF ANS research group, focusing
in the scalability of ad hoc networks. A lot of international and
national research projects with project partners like Daimler-Chrysler
indicate the increasing interest that companies take in MANETs. Today
ad-hoc networks are one of the most active research fields in the area
of wireless networking as is indicated by the conference coverage
outlined below. A lot of issues regarding MANETs are not yet resolved
(like security, QoS, scalability issues etc.) and the 2005 WPAN
minitrack provided some significant results in these sectors. Most
importantly, we had some interesting papers demonstrating application
scenarios for MANETs.

Our goal is to bring together leading researchers in the two fields of
research in order to present new results and discuss synergies between
the two areas.

Areas of interest include but are not limited to:

     * Bluetooth based networks (e.g. Inquiry, Scatternet-Routing,
       Profiles, Applications, ...)
     * WPAN technologies (e.g. 802.15.4 aka Zigbee)
     * Body Area Networks
     * Mobile Ad-hoc Networks (e.g. Routing, Scalability,
       Address-Assignment, ...)
     * Wireless Sensor Networks
     * Performance evaluations
     * Security issues
     * Service discovery and usage
     * Interoperability between different wireless networking
       technologies and heterogeneous wireless infrastructures
     * Applications for WPANs and MANETs
     * New forms of communications in WPANs and MANETs (e.g. using the
       P2P paradigm in MANETs)

IMPORTANT DEADLINES

Abstracts       Authors may contact Minitrack Chairs for guidance and
                 indication of appropriate content at anytime.
June 15         Authors submit full papers to the Peer Review System,
                 following Author Instructions found on the HICSS web
                 site (www.hicss.hawaii.edu). All papers will be
                 submitted in double column publication format and
                 limited to 10 pages including diagrams and references.
                 Papers undergo a double-blind review.
August 15       Acceptance/Rejection notices are sent to Authors via the
                 Peer Review System.
September 15    Authors submit Final Version of papers following
New Date!       submission instructions on the Peer Review System web
                 site. At least one author of each paper must register by
                 this date with specific plans to attend the conference
                 to present the paper. Early Registration fee $525
                 applies.
October 2       Registration fee $575 applies until December 10.
December 10     Deadline to guarantee your hotel room reservation at
                 conference rate.
                 Deadline to receive conference registration refund.
                 Late registration fee $675 applies.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR PAPER SUBMISSION

     * HICSS papers must contain original material not previously
       published, nor currently submitted elsewhere.
     * Consult the conference website (www.hicss.hawaii.edu
       <http://www.hicss.hawaii.edu/>) for the listing and description of
       Minitracks for HICSS-39.
     * (optional) Contact the Minitrack Chair(s) by email for guidance
       and verification of appropriate content.
     * Do not submit the manuscript to more than one Minitrack Chair. If
       unsure of which Minitrack is appropriate, submit abstract to the
       Track Chair for guidance.
     * HICSS will conduct double-blind reviews of each submitted paper.
     * Submit full paper according to detailed instructions found on the
       Peer Review System website.

HICSS-39 CONFERENCE TRACKS

*Collaboration Systems and Technology*
Co-chair: Robert O. Briggs (bbriggs@GroupSystems)
Co-chair: Jay Nunamaker ([email-masked])

*Decision Technologies for Management*
Chair: Dan Dolk ([email-masked])

*Digital Media: Content and Communication*
Chair: Michael Shepherd ([email-masked])

*E-Government*
Chair: H. Jochen Scholl ([email-masked])

*Information Technology in Health Care*
Chair: William Chismar ([email-masked])

*Internet & the Digital Economy*
Co-chair: David King ([email-masked])
Co-chair: Alan Dennis ([email-masked])

*Knowledge Management Systems*
Co-chair: Murray Jennex ([email-masked])
Co-chair: Dave Croasdell ([email-masked])

* Organizational Systems & Technology*
Chair: Hugh Watson ([email-masked])

*Software Technology*
Chair: Gul Agha ([email-masked])

HICSS conferences are devoted to advances in the information, computer,
and system sciences, and encompass developments in both theory and
practice. Papers may be theoretical, conceptual, tutorial or descriptive
in nature. Submissions undergo a double-blind peer referee process and
those selected for presentation will be published in the Conference
Proceedings. Submissions must not have been previously published.

CONFERENCE ADMINISTRATION

Ralph Sprague, Conference Chair
Email: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

Sandra Laney, Conference Administrator
Email: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

Eileen Robichaud Dennis, Track Administrator
Email: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

2006 CONFERENCE VENUE

Hyatt Regency Kauai
1571 Poipu Road
Koloa, Kauai HI 96756
1-808-742-1234
http://Kauai.hyatt.com <http://kauai.hyatt.com/>

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet