Subject: [manet] 1st International Workshop on Security, Privacy and Trust in Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing

From: "T. Karygiannis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 09:14:20 -0500

1st International Workshop on
Security, Privacy and Trust in Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing

July 14, 2005, Santorini Island, Greece

URL: http://cgi.di.uoa.gr/~spu2005/
In conjunction with the IEEE ICPS'2005

Aims and Scope
The proliferation of computing artifacts into the physical world promises 
more than spontaneous availability of computational resources to end users; 
it suggests new paradigms of interaction inspired by constant access to 
information and computational resources. The ongoing compactness of 
computing facilities into small mobile devices like portables, handheld or 
wearable computers will enhance a ubiquitous information processing. The 
basic paradigm of such a pervasive computing environment is the utilization 
of distributed computing power through devices that allow spontaneous 
connectivity. Computers will become invisible to the users and exchange of 
information between devices will effectively defy users control. The new 
security and privacy risks introduced by such environments need to be 
reduced by exploiting appropriate security measures and safeguards, 
ensuring an acceptable level of overall residual hazard.
The objectives of the SecPerU 2005 Workshop are to develop new security, 
privacy and trust concepts for complex application scenarios based on 
systems like handhelds, phones, and smart cards with the emerging 
technology of ubiquitous and pervasive computing.

List of topics
We welcome the submission of papers from the full spectrum of issues 
related with Security, Privacy and Trust in Pervasive and Ubiquitous 
Computing. Papers may focus on architectures, methods, technologies, 
protocols, prototype developments, case studies, applications, practical 
experiences, simulation results and analysis, theory and validation on 
topics include, but not limited to:

Reasoning about Security, Privacy and Trust
Analysis and verification of protocols
Privacy and Anonymity
Security and Privacy requirements
Models for access control, authentication, and privacy management
Security and Privacy models for Pervasive Information Systems
Security and Privacy features into mobile and wearable devices
Secure collaboration in uncertain environments
Authorization and information flow
Developing security policies
Developing secure infrastructures
Trust and reputation management
Hardware architectures
Location Privacy in Pervasive Computing
Smart devices and applications
Role of Sensors to enable security
Auditing and forensic information management in pervasive settings
Case Studies

Paper Submission and Proceedings
Authors are invited to submit original manuscripts, which should be written 
in English and with a very precise and concise presentation of no more than 
10 pages in IEEE double-column format. Reviewers are not required to read 
the appendices and the paper should be intelligible without them. Authors 
are invited to send their manuscripts as an attachment (PDF/PS format) by 
email to the Workshop Chairs at: [email-masked] . Submission implies the 
willingness of at least one of the authors to register and present the 
paper. The SecPerU05 Workshop Proceedings will be distributed at the Workshop.
Important Dates (Tentative)
Submission of papers: April 13, 2005
Notification of acceptance: May 16, 2005
Camera-ready version of papers: May 30, 2005
Workshop date: July 14, 2005

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet