Subject: [manet] IEEE SECON 2005, Submission Deadline is Approaching

From: Stefano Basagni <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 11:32:52 -0500 (EST)

We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this CfP
*************************************************************
         Preliminary Announcement and Call for Papers

                  *** IEEE SECON 2005 ***
   Second Annual IEEE Communications Society Conference on
        Sensor and Ad Hoc Communications and Networks

                Santa Clara, California, USA
                   September 26-29, 2005

   %%%%%%%%%%%%% NOW ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS %%%%%%%%%%%%%%

   Paper Registration Deadline: April 1, 2005, by 5pm EST
    Paper Submission Deadline: April 6, 2005, by 5pm EDT

   %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

               http://www.ieee-secon.org/2005

************************************************************
Building on the success of last year's inaugural conference,
this new IEEE Communications Society conference will provide
a  forum to  exchange ideas,  techniques,  and applications,
discuss   best   practices,   raise  awareness   and   share
experiences   among  researchers,   practitioners,  standard
developers and policy  makers in the field of  sensor and ad
hoc networks and systems.   The conference will be organized
to provide  for a degree  of collegiality and  continuity in
the  discussions of  the various  topics  among participants
from the industrial, governmental and academic sectors.

Original technical  papers that address  the communications,
networking, systems  and algorithmic  aspects of ad  hoc and
sensor networks,  as well  as those that  describe practical
deployment and implementation experiences, are solicited for
presentation  at  the  conference  and  publication  in  the
conference    proceedings.     Papers    presenting    novel
contributions   in  such   disciplines   as  communications,
networking protocols and architectures, algorithms, embedded
systems,  middleware and  information management,  and novel
applications are solicited.

PAPERS:   Full   papers   describing  original,   previously
unpublished  research work, experimental  efforts, practical
experiences, and  industrial and commercial  developments in
sensor and ad hoc  communications and networks.  Papers with
a deep focus  on a specific discipline or  stimulated by the
synergistic   interaction   of   diverse   disciplines   are
encouraged.

Particular topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

    * New architectures, protocols and access control to
      support communication, localization, time
      synchronization, routing and data dissemination in
      heterogeneous, large-scale distributed, ad hoc
      networks and sensor networks

    * Novel algorithms and theories for management,
      supervisory control and monitoring of distributed ad
      hoc networks, and techniques for the interpretation
      and use of sensor data in decision-making processes

    * Modeling and performance evaluation of large-scale
      distributed and ad hoc sensor networks, practical
      implementations, and real-work experiences

    * Theories and models on fundamental information and
      communication aspects of wireless ad hoc and sensor
      networks

    * Mechanisms for authenticated, secure communication and
      data dissemination in sensor and ad hoc networks

    * Integration of sensors into engineered systems,
      including novel techniques for sensor renewable power
      sources, mechanisms for on-sensor self-calibration and
      self-testing and efficient schemes to maximize
      accuracy and minimize false alarms

    * Chip-based systems incorporating multiple sensors,
      computation, actuation, and wireless interfaces

    * Software platforms, middleware and tools for ad hoc
      and sensor network applications development,
      deployment and management

    * Mesh networking, mobile ad hoc peer-to-peer multipoint
      communications, applications and experiences

TUTORIALS and PANELS: Proposals  for tutorials and panels on
current topics in the field  of ad hoc and sensor networking
and  applications  are  solicited.  Panels  related  to  the
commercial application and development of sensors and ad hoc
networks are especially encouraged.

DEMOS and EXPO:  Demonstrations that showcases the practical
implementations, industrial and commercial developments, and
new  applications  for  ad   hoc  and  sensor  networks  are
solicited.

SUBMISSION  INSTRUCTIONS:  All  paper  submissions  will  be
handled  electronically  through  the EDAS  system.  Details
regarding the  paper format and the  submission process will
be posted at the conference web site.

IMPORTANT DATES:
                April 6, 2005  Paper submission deadline
                May 1, 2005    Tutorial/Panel/Demo proposals deadline
                June 13, 2005  Notifications
                July 8, 2005   Camera-ready due date

TPC Co-Chairs:
Elizabeth Belding-Royer  [email-masked]
Marwan Krunz             [email-masked]
Thyaga Nandagopal        [email-masked]

General Chair:
J.J. Garcia-Luna-Aceves  [email-masked]

--
Stefano Basagni, Ph.D.      Assistant Professor of Computer Engineering
Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering   312 Dana Research Center
Northeastern University            360 Huntington Ave. Boston, MA 02115
Tel. 617 373 3061, Fax 617 373 8970         E-mail: [email-masked]
***               http://www.ece.neu.edu/faculty/basagni/           ***

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet