Subject: [manet] Mobility Models

From: amr hassan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 03:56:21 -0700 (PDT)

Hi everybody,
I'm studying the mobility models in ad hoc networks using network simulator. I noticed that the only available model in network simulator is the random model. I was thinking to work on developing some sort of a deterministic or semi-deterministic model to simulate real life situations. 
So I was wondering if this is a new approach to go on with, or it has been studied & over. 
If anybody can help with this, it will be great to supply me with some pdfs.
 
Thanks in advance
Amr

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
 Better first dates. More second dates. Yahoo! Personals 

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Andrés Lagar Cavilla <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 07:15:01 -0400

Hi Amr,

We researched this issue in our SECON'04 paper

"Simplified Simulation Models for Indoor MANET Evaluation are not
Robust"

You'll find more details, citations and implementations at

http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~andreslc/publications/index.html

This question has been asked before and you can get plenty of pointers if
you look into the mailing list archives

Good luck

Andres

At 06:56 AM 4/6/2005, amr hassan wrote:

Hi everybody,

I'm studying the mobility models in ad hoc networks using network
simulator. I noticed that the only available model in network simulator
is the random model. I was thinking to work on developing some sort of a
deterministic or semi-deterministic model to simulate real life
situations.

So I was wondering if this is a new approach to go on with, or it has
been studied & over.

If anybody can help with this, it will be great to supply me with some
pdfs.

Thanks in advance

Amr

Do you Yahoo!?

Better first dates. More second dates.

Yahoo! Personals

manet mailing list

[email-masked]

---

From: Mirco Musolesi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 14:07:40 +0100

Hi Amr,

simulator. I noticed that the only available model in network simulator 
is the random model. I was thinking to work on developing some sort of a 
deterministic or semi-deterministic model to simulate real life situations.
been studied & over.
 > If anybody can help with this, it will be great to supply me with 
some pdfs.

We are working on mobility models founded on social networks theory.

You can find more information and papers at this address:

http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/research/mobile/mobilitymodelsproject.html

Best regards,
Mirco

-- 
Mirco Musolesi
Department of Computer Science - University College London
Gower Street London WC1E 6BT United Kingdom
Email: [email-masked]
Phone: +44 20 7679 0391 Fax: +44 20 7387 1397
Web: http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/m.musolesi

---

From: "Kimaya M. Sanzgiri" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 09:29:12 -0700 (PDT)

Some work on mobility models has been done in our research group too. Take 
a look at http://moment.cs.ucsb.edu/mobility/

Kimaya

--

---

From: Andjela Ilic <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 20:50:19 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Amr,
My group has been working on realistic mobility scenarios too.
Here is the link:
http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~bohacek/UDelModels/index.html

Andjela