Subject: [manet] CFP: Vehicle-to-Vehicle Communications

From: Guevara Noubir <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 13:39:29 -0400 (EDT)

We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this CFP.

******************************************************
         V2VCOM 2005

VEHICLE-TO-VEHICLE COMMUNICATIONS WORKSHOP

     San Diego, CA, July 21, 2005
     in conjunction with MobiQuitous 2005
     http://www.v2vcom.org
     or from http://www.mobiquitous.org/
******************************************************

OVERVIEW:

High-tech sensors, radars, cameras, navigation systems, and tens of
microprocessors are some of the technologies that are already being used
in vehicles to enable systems such as parking assist units, lane keeping
assistance, adaptive cruise-control systems, and more. These technologies
have all brought more safety, comfort and convenience to drivers and
passengers. Coupled with the advances in wireless communications
technology, recently, governments, highway authorities and automobile
manufacturers push the move from "passive safety" to "active safety" by
employing communications functions in vehicles. Once the communications
and networking capabilities are integrated into vehicles, not only safety
applications, but also many other applications ranging from
intelligent/interactive transportation systems that could help smooth the
flow of traffic, to vehicular diagnostics, mobile commerce, and business
services could become a reality.

TOPICS

This one-day workshop intends to bring together researchers,
professionals, and practitioners to discuss and address recent
developments and challenges in deploying vehicle-to-vehicle and
infrastructure-to-vehicle networking technologies, as well as their
subsequent applications with a focus on safety assistance applications.
Specifically, we solicit original research contributions addressing the
following areas:

- Vehicular mobile ad-hoc networks
- Potential applications of vehicular networks
- Vehicle-to-infrastructure communications
- Role of V2V communications in Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Routing protocols for V2V communications
- High-speed mobility management for V2V communications
- MAC layer issues in V2V communications
- Physical layer and RF level issues in V2V communications
- Antenna technologies for V2V communications
- Security and authentication issues in V2V communication
- Cross-layer designs
- Radio resource management and QoS support
- Mobility models and mobility management
- Experimental systems and testbeds
- Algorithms, protocols and systems for data dissemination

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES

Authors are invited to submit full papers of up to 20 double-spaced pages,
including references, figures and tables. All submissions should be
submitted
electronically in Postscript or Adobe PDF format to both of the workshop
co-chairs:

Onur Altintas [email-masked]
and
Wai Chen [email-masked]

IMPORTANT DATES:

Full Papers due: May 15, 2005
Notification of Acceptance: June 6, 2005
Camera-ready Manuscripts due: June 20, 2005
Workshop Date: July 21, 2005

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE:

V2VCOM Workshop Co-chairs:

Dr. Onur Altintas (Toyota InfoTechnology Center, Japan)
Dr. Wai Chen (Telcordia Technologies, USA)

V2VCOM Workshop Program Advisor:

Prof. Tadao Saito (Professor Emeritus, Univ. of Tokyo, Japan)

PROGRAM COMMITTEE:

Dr. Stephane Amarger (Hitachi Europe, France)
Richard Bishop (Bishop Consulting, USA)
Dr. Jasmine Chennikara-Varghese (Telcordia Technologies, USA)
Prof. Eylem Ekici (Ohio State University, USA)
Prof. Mario Gerla (UCLA, USA)
Dr. Kenneth Laberteaux (Toyota Technical Center, USA)
Prof. Ken?ichi Mase (Niigata University, Japan)
Dr. Carsten Metz (Bell Labs, Lucent, USA)
Prof. Guevara Noubir (Northeastern University, USA)
Dr. Sadao Obana (ATR, Japan)
Prof. Umit Ozguner (Ohio State University, USA)
Prof. Dipankar Raychaudhuri (WINLAB, Rutgers University, USA)
Prof. Behcet Sarikaya (University of Northern British Columbia, Canada)
Matthias Schulze (DaimlerChrysler AG, Germany)
Prof. Sirin Tekinay (New Jersey Institute of Technology, USA)
Prof. Ryuji Wakikawa (Keio University, Japan)
Prof. Halim Yanikomeroglu (Carleton University, Canada)

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet