Subject: [manet] TCP reno vs new reno

From: "B. Venkata Ramana" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 11:10:51 +0530 (IST)

Dear manet group memers:

currently I am testing the performance of TCP reno over new 
reno over ad hoc wireless networks. TCP NEWRENO shows higher throughput 
over RENO. However, NEWRENO is showing higher number of retransmissions 
over RENO. Can you tell me, it this a correct behavior and under what 
circumstances it behaves like this. Kindly give me appropriate 
information.

regards
ramana

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 11:46:49 +0530 (IST)

please check the following web page for the relevant info:
   http://www.hep.ucl.ac.uk/~ytl/tcpip/background/tahoe-reno.html

Vinod Kumar

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005, B. Venkata Ramana wrote:

>
> Dear manet group memers:
>
> currently I am testing the performance of TCP reno over new reno over ad hoc 
> wireless networks. TCP NEWRENO shows higher throughput over RENO. However, 
> NEWRENO is showing higher number of retransmissions over RENO. Can you tell 
> me, it this a correct behavior and under what circumstances it behaves like 
> this. Kindly give me appropriate information.
>
> regards
> ramana
>
>