Subject: [manet] MAC Benchmarking

From: "Corbett; Derek James" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 19:05:13 +1000 (EST)

Hello,

Is anyone aware of any work that has been done in an effort benchmark
different MAC protocols for their suitability in MANETs. I know there are
hundreds of papers out there that compare protocol A to protocol B and say
A performs better in one field and B in another. But I was wondering if
any effort has been undertaken to standardize this procedure? I am looking
at comparing some MAC protocols I have been working on and if there is no
benchmarking procedure available I am thinking about proposing my own.

Derek

"Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present
controls the past. But who controls the spice controls the Universe!"
---------------
Derek J Corbett
PhD Student 
Smart Internet Technology Research Group
The University of Sydney
http://www.cs.usyd.edu.au/~dcorbett

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet