Subject: [manet] WiOpt 2006, Boston: Final Call for Papers

From: "Ibrahim Matta" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 13:13:22 -0400

FINAL CALL FOR PAPERS -  LESS THAN A MONTH TO SUBMISSION DEADLINE!!!
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------

WIOPT 2006
4th Intl. Symposium on Modeling and Optimization in
Mobile, Ad Hoc, and Wireless Networks (WiOpt'06)
Boston, Massachusetts, April 3-7, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------
 
SCOPE OF THE SYMPOSIUM
 
The complexity of mobile, ad hoc, and wireless networks requires
thoroughly founded models capturing their essential characteristics
and new optimization techniques building upon such models. Insights
into both the theoretical aspects of these problems as well as
practical methods and tools are necessary. This symposium intends to
bring together researchers and practitioners working on optimization
issues from different perspectives, including performance analysis,
mobile networking, wireless communication, and optimization theory.
Contributions to this conference should show new modeling and
optimization techniques suitable for mobile/wireless networks or
innovative applications of these techniques to improve network
operation. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

* Modeling techniques and tools for wireless networks

* Performance characterization & optimization of wireless networks

* Wireless network optimization: Applications, algorithms, and tools

* Protocol design for optimal wireless network utilization

* Models and optimization approaches for energy efficiency, QoS,
bandwidth economy and other aspects of wireless networks

* Models and optimization techniques for non-standard network
paradigms like sensor, vehicular, body area networks

* Security and co-operation models for mobile and ad hoc networks

* Pricing and incentives in wireless networks

* Game theoretic techniques for mobile/wireless networks
 
SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
 
Papers should be submitted as extended abstracts of up to 8 pages,
single column format; and contain sufficient information to allow for
a detailed review. The final manuscript will be 10 pages in
double column format. Selected papers from WiOpt 2006 will appear in
a special issue of ACM/Kluwer Monet.
 
IMPORTANT DATES
 
Submission deadline: Oct. 5, 2005 (5pm EST)
Notification of acceptance: Dec. 5, 2005
Camera-ready copy: Jan. 5, 2006

Papers should be submitted in pdf or ps format through the EDAS system
(http://edas.info). For more details, please visit http://www.wiopt.org
 
SPONSORSHIP
------------------
WiOpt is sponsored by Create-net, ICST, Boston University, INRIA, and
Intel, and technically sponsored by the IEEE Information Theory and
Control Systems Societies and IFIP TC6, WG 6.3 (Performance of
Communication Systems).

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet