Subject: [manet] IEEE SECON 2005, Call for Participation

From: Stefano Basagni <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 16:37:14 -0400 (EDT)

(Apologies if you receive this call multiple times.)
************************************************************
                    CALL FOR PARTICIPATION                  
                        IEEE SECON 2005
        The Second IEEE International Conference on
       Sensors and Ad Hoc Communications and Networks

              http://www.ieee-secon.org/2005/

                   September 26-29 2005
               Santa Clara, California, USA
************************************************************

Building on the success of last year's inaugural conference,
IEEE  SECON  2005  provides   a  forum  to  exchange  ideas,
techniques, and applications,  discuss best practices, raise
awareness   and   share   experiences   among   researchers,
practitioners, standard developers  and policy makers in the
field  of  sensor and  ad  hoc  networks  and systems.   The
conference  is   organized  to  provide  for   a  degree  of
collegiality  and  continuity  in  the  discussions  of  the
various  topics  among  participants  from  the  industrial,
governmental and academic sectors.

* KEYNOTE SPEAKER:  Professor Anthony Ephremides, University
of  Maryland at College  Park: "Making  Sense Out  of Sensor
Networks."

* TECHNICAL  PROGRAM:  55  papers  have  been  accepted  for
presentation   and  for   publication   in  the   conference
proceedings. The advance program can be found on-line at the
conference web page.

* PANELS:  Featured  panels  concern  cognitive  networking,
federal funding for wireless networks as well as current and
future directions  for sensor and ad  hoc communications and
networks.

* TUTORIALS:   IEEE  SECON   2005   features  two   full-day
tutorials:  Wireless  Sensor   Networks,  Ian  F.  Akyildiz,
Georgia Tech.  Mote Software Development for Wireless Sensor
Networks, Tim Reilly and John Suh, Crossbow Technology, Inc.
Two   half-day  tutorials:   Security  in   Wireless  Sensor
Networks,  Radha  Poovendran,  University of  Washington  at
Seattle.    EmStar:  Sensor  Networks   Design,  Simulation,
Emulation  and  Deployment,  Richard  Guy and  Lewis  Girod,
University of California at Los Angeles.

* POSTERS:   IEEE  SECON   2005  includes   poster  sessions
providing  a  forum  for  presenting and  discussing  recent
results,  ongoing work,  challenges, future  directions, and
novel  approaches  in  the   field  of  sensor  and  ad  hoc
communications and networks.

* WORKSHOP:  The  First   IEEE  Workshop  on  Wireless  Mesh
Networks, IEEE WiMesh 2005, will be held September 26th 2005
in         conjunction        with         IEEE        SECON
2005. (http://www.cs.ucdavis.edu/~prasant/wimesh).

* DEMOS:  The demo sessions  include a  dozen demonstrations
featuring  technologies that enable  the wired  and wireless
networking  infrastructure  for  ubiquitous computing  along
with  applications that showcase  novel user  experiences in
environments    of   complex    but    invisible   computing
infrastructure.

* STUDENT  TRAVEL  GRANTS: The  IEEE  SECON 2005  organizing
committee is pleased to announce the availability of Student
Travel  Grants.  Applications  are  invited  from  qualified
graduate     students.    See     how     to    apply     at
http://inrg.cse.ucsc.edu/secon05/grants.html.   Deadline  25
August, 2005.

* VENUE: The  Santa Clara  Marriott at 2700  Mission College
Boulevard,   Santa  Clara,  CA,   Please  make   your  hotel
arrangements early in order to  insure getting a room at the
special conference  rate price  ($156+taxes for a  single or
double   room).    Reservations   can   be    made   on-line
http://inrg.cse.ucsc.edu/secon05/santaclara.html    or    by
phone, Marriott  Global Reservations: 1  800 228 9290  or by
calling the hotel directly: 1 408-988-1500 (mention the IEEE
SECON block).

* IMPORTANT DATES:  	
  Discounted hotel reservation deadline     9 September 2005 
  Early registration deadline               2 September 2005 
  IEEE WiMesh 2005			   26 September 2005
  Conference dates 		        26-29 September 2005

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet