Subject: [manet] CFP for IEEE/CreateNet BROADNETS 2006

From: Shiwen Mao <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 10:55:02 -0500

[Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP, please feel
free to distribute -- thanks!]

CALL FOR PAPERS

===============================================
                    IEEE/CreateNet BROADNETS 2006
        IEEE/CreateNet International Conference on Broadband
                Communications,Networks and Systems
===============================================

                October 9-13, 2006, San Jose, CA, USA
                        http://www.broadnets.org/

IEEE/CreateNet BROADNETS 2006 is an international conference
focusing on broadband communications, networks, and systems
and covers the entire gamut of next generation networks,
communications systems, applications and services. The conference
will consist of the following three symposia:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wireless Communications, Networks and Systems Symposium:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Topics include mobility, routing for multihop, multimedia QoS and
traffic management, cross-layer optimization, MAC and emerging
physical layer technologies (UWB, MIMO) for high-speed wireless
networking.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Optical Communications, Networks, and Systems:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Topics include WDM technologies, Ethernet and MPLS integration
into the optical layer, Next-Generation SONET/SDH, as well as
SAN extensions over DWDM/SONET/SDH, Optical and WDM
communication systems and cross-layer design.

------------------------------
General Symposium:
------------------------------

Topics include theory and algorithms of networking such as
routing, congestion control, traffic engineering, peer-to-peer
/overlay and security; architectures and protocols such as
VPLS, SIP and IMS; and applications and services such as
L2/L3 VPNs, VoIP, IPTV, content services and location-based
services.

============
Important Dates
============

- COCUS Online Paper Registration: January 31, 2006
- Final Paper Upload: February 7, 2006
- Acceptance Notification: April 15, 2006
- Final Manuscript Due: May 15, 2006

=================
Submission Instructions
=================

Authors are invited to submit full papers of up to 10 pages in
two-column, no less than 10pt font, IEEE conference proceedings
format.  Papers should be submitted in PDF format to the
respective symposium through COCUS systems at
     http://cocus.create-net.org/cocus/welcome.do.
Authors of accepted papers are required to register at regular
registration rates in order for the paper to appear in the conference
proceedings and on IEEE Xplore digital library.

===============================
CONFERENCE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
===============================

General Chairs

    Suresh Subramaniam, George Washington U.
    [email-masked]

    Mario Freire, U. of Beira Interior, Portugal
    [email-masked]

Technical Program Chairs

    Wireless Networks and Systems Symposium

      Aura Ganz, U. of Massachusetts
      [email-masked]

      Raghupathy Sivakumar, Georgia Tech
      [email-masked]

    Optical Networks and Systems Symposium

      Byrav Ramamurthy, U. of Nebraska- Lincoln
      [email-masked]

      Ahmed Kamal, Iowa State U.
      [email-masked]

    General Symposium

      Indra Widjaja, Bell Labs
      [email-masked]

      Hagen Woesner, CreateNet, Italy
      [email-masked]

Workshops Chairs

    Srinivasan Ramasubramanian, U. Arizona
    [email-masked]

Panels Chairs

    Rudra Dutta, NCSU
    [email-masked]

Website/Information Systems Chair

    Srinivasan Ramasubramanian, U. Arizona
    [email-masked]

Finance Chair

    Karen Decker, ICST
    [email-masked]

Corporate Sponsorships Chair

    TBD	

Local Arrangement Chair

    Subhankar Dhar, San Jos?nbsp; State U.
    [email-masked]

    Sukesh Pai, Microsoft Corp.
    [email-masked]

Publications Chairs

    Chonggang Wang, U. of Arkansas
    [email-masked]

    Arunita Jaekel, U. of Windsor
    [email-masked]

Publicity Chairs

    Wenjing Lou, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
    [email-masked]

    Shiwen Mao, Virginia Tech
    [email-masked]

===============
Steering Committee
===============

    Imrich Chlamtac, Chair, CreateNet, Italy
    [email-masked]

    Krishna Sivalingam, Co-Chair, U. Maryland, Baltimore County
    [email-masked]

    Thomas Hou, Virginia Tech
    [email-masked]

    Ioannis Tomkos, Athens Information Technology
    [email-masked]

    Brain J. Bigalke (Staff Liaison), IEEE Communications Society

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet