Subject: [manet] CFP: Workshop on Middleware for Mobile Ad HOc and Sensor Networks (MIDAS06)

From: Cecilia Mascolo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 09:17:01 +0000

* CALL FOR PAPERS *

			           MIDAS 2006 Workshop

                                **Deadline 10th January 2006**

                                     -----------------------------
              1st IEEE International Workshop on MIDdleware for mobile
		                Ad hoc and Sensor networks

		            co-located with WoWMoM 2006

	          June 26th, 2006, Niagara-Falls, Buffalo, USA
	     http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/research/mobile/midas06/

---------------------------------------------------------

SCOPE:
Ad-hoc networks and networked sensor systems are complex and
challenging environments in which to develop software. This is primarily
due to their complexity in terms of factors such as: limited resource
availability (including power); heterogeneity at the level of devices  
and
network types; heterogeneity at the level of system software; the need
to manage trust and privacy; the need to manage failure and provide
dependability; and the need for large scale and highly dynamic  
deployments.
Middleware technologies have the potential to ease and accelerate  
software
development in these environments by offering simplified application- 
level
views that abstract over factors such as the above. However, middleware
technologies are relatively undeveloped and untried in ad-hoc and sensor
environments. The aim of this workshop, therefore, is to consider how  
these
environments can benefit from the middleware concept. In particular,  
it will
investigate how middleware architectures might evolve in response to the
constraints imposed by these environments, and identify new challenges
and approaches for ad-hoc and sensor middleware researchers. The
workshop is intended as a forum for the discussion of research which is
insufficiently mature for conference publication (e.g., not fully
implemented or evaluated) but which is nevertheless exciting, innovative
and promising. The intended workshop audience includes practitioners and
researchers in middleware systems, mobile systems and sensor network
systems.

-------------------------------------------------------------

TOPICS:
     * Middleware programming techniques and abstractions
     * Middleware algorithms for dynamic reconfiguration and adaptation
     * Energy-aware middleware mechanisms
     * Cross layering and resource awareness
     * Security
     * Fault tolerance and reliability
     * Heterogeneity
     * Aggregation techniques and data management
     * Overlay and topology management
     * Context acquisition and dissemination
     * Testing and simulation platforms for middleware
     * Resource discovery and management
     * Virtual machines and operating systems
     * Experience/application of middleware for ad hoc and sensor  
networks

--------------------------------------------------------------

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
Submitted papers must be unpublished and not under consideration  
elsewhere for
publication. Only electronic submissions (PS or PDF) will be  
considered. Papers
must be submitted via our online submission system. Papers must be  
formatted
according to the IEEE double-column standard format as indicated at:
http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/research/mobile/midas06/submission.html
The maximum length of the manuscript is *five* pages. This limit  
includes figures,
appendix, bibliography, etc. Papers that will significantly exceed  
this limit will be
automatically rejected. The final version of the papers will be  
published in the IEEE Proceedings.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT DATES:
   * Submission date: 10 January 2006
   * Notification date: 22 February 2006
   * Camera Ready date: 17 March 2006
   * Workshop date: 26th June 2006

-------------------------------------------------------------------
WORKSHOP ORGANIZERS:

Geoff Coulson, Lancaster University, UK
Cecilia Mascolo, University College London, UK
Gian Pietro Picco, Politecnico di Milano, Italy

WORKSHOP COMMITTEE:
Christian Becker, University of Stuttgart, Germany
Athanassios Boulis, NICTA, Australia
Vinny Cahill, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
Licia Capra, University College London, UK
Simon Dobson, University College Dublin, Ireland
Markus Endler, PUC Rio, Brazil
Valerie Issarny, INRIA, France
Arno Jacobsen, University of Toronto, Canada
Christine Julien, University of Texas at Austin, USA
Evaggelia Pitoura, University of Ioannina, Greece
Kay Roemer, ETHZ, Switzerland
Rebecca Montanari, University of Bologna, Italy
Amy Murphy, Universita' della Svizzera Italiana, Switzerland
Thomas Plagemann, University of Oslo, Norway
Francois Taiani, Lancaster University, UK
Niki Trigoni, Birbeck College, UK

--------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet