Subject: [manet] Journal Special issue on Theoretical and Algorithmic Aspects in Sensor Networks

From: Yang Xiao <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 14:50:32 -0800 (PST)

International Journal of Sensor Networks  (IJSNET)

Call For papers

Special Issue on: “Theoretical and Algorithmic Aspects in Sensor
Networks”

http://www.inderscience.com/browse/callpaper.php?callID=315

Guest Editors:
Dr. Xiuzhen (Susan) Cheng, The George Washington University, USA
Dr. Yingshu Li, Georgia State University USA

The marriage of sensor and network technologies provides many exciting
applications of sensor networks. With their capabilities for monitoring
and control, networked sensors are expected to be widely deployed.
Theoretical and algorithmic approaches that address key issues in
sensor networks have been playing a central role in these networks
flourishing.

Common theoretical and algorithmic issues in sensor networks include
location management, topology control and coverage, security and
privacy, scalable design, cross layer design, energy efficient message
dissemination, QoS, to just name a few. Methods used to address these
issues include computational geometry, graph theory, combinatorial
optimisation, linear relaxation, stochastic and probability analysis,
etc.

The goal of the special issue is to publish the most recent results in
the development of theoretical and algorithmic aspects of sensor
networks. Researchers and practitioners working in this area are
expected to take this opportunity to discuss and express their views on
the current trends, challenges, and state of the art solutions
addressing various issues in sensor networks.

   Subject Coverage

Suitable topics include but are not limited to:

Algorithmic methods and tools 
Approximation algorithm design 
Localization and tracking 
Resource allocation 
Quality of service 
Topology control and coverage 
Energy efficient routing protocols 
Security and privacy 
Distributed and localised solutions 
Stochastic algorithms 
Information processing 
Scalability issues 
Fault-tolerant issues
   Notes for Intending Authors

Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be
currently under consideration for publication elsewhere

All papers are refereed through a peer review process. A guide for
authors, sample copies and other relevant information for submitting
papers are available on the Papers Submission section under Author
Guidelines

To submit a paper, please go to Submission of Papers

This is our preferred route for submitting papers; please use it if at
all possible. However, if you experience any problems submitting papers
in this way, an alternative route is suggested below

   Important Dates

Manuscript due: 31 January, 2006

Acceptance/rejection notification: 30 April, 2006

Final manuscript due: 31 May, 2006

   Editors and Notes

As an alternative to using the Submission of Papers site, you may send
one copy in the form of a PDF file attached to an e-mail (details in
Author Guidelines) to the following:

Dr. Xiuzhen (Susan) Cheng
Department of Computer Science
The George Washington University
Washington, DC 20052
USA
Tel: 202 994 9751
Fax: 202 994 4875
E-mail: [email-masked]

with an email copy only to:

Editor-in-Chief
IEL Editorial Office
E-mail: [email-masked]

Please include in your submission the title of the Special Issue, the
title of the Journal and the name of the Guest Editor

 
»  Subject Coverage 
»  Notes for Intending Authors 
»  Important Dates 
»  Editors and Notes 
 
Give Us Your Feedback
We welcome your comments about this Journal.

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet