Subject: [manet] Call for Book Chapter: Millimeter-Wave Technology in Wireless PAN, LAN and MAN

From: "Yan ZHANG" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 15:11:17 +0800

We apologize in advance if you receive multiple copies of this CFP
=================================================================

CALL FOR BOOK CHAPTER

Title
=====
Millimeter-Wave Technology in Wireless PAN, LAN and MAN
(to be published by Auerbach Publications, CRC Press)
http://www.ntu.edu.sg/home5/pg01308021/MMWCFP.html

Introduction
============
Millimeter-waves (MMWs) technology has attracted increasing attention as one 
of the key technologies in emerging Wireless Personal Area Network (WPAN), 
Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) and Wireless Metropolitan Area Network 
(WMAN). MMWs are capable of providing wide bandwidth for very high speed 
wireless access. Specifically, MMWs enabled WPAN is able to provide Gbit/s 
multimedia services to indoor consumers; MMWs WLAN may have data rate from 
several tens Mbps to more than 100 Mbps. Standard organizations are actively 
calling for specifications for MMWs applications in the emerging WPAN, WLAN 
and WMAN, e.g., IEEE 802.11, IEEE 802.15 and IEEE 802.16. For instance, as a 
highly promising technology for WMAN, the IEEE 802.16 specifications have 
defined a wide spectrum including the MMW band. This comprehensive book aims 
to provide readers a thorough technical guide covering recent advances of 
the MMWs technology in the WPAN, WLAN, WMAN, mobile ad hoc network and 
wireless mesh network, in aspects of circuits design, antenna, system 
architectures, protocols, standardization activities and especially 
applications.The primary focus of this book presents the 
developed/developing MMWs technology and explores its present and future 
trends in emerging wireless systems.

Recommended Topics(not limited to)
=================================
Millimeter-waves integrated circuits for WPAN, WLAN and WMAN systems
Millimeter-waves antenna and channel models for WPAN, WLAN and WMAN
Packaging technology for Millimeter waves circuits and systems
Radio propagation measurement and channel modeling
Photonic signal processing of Millimeter-waves
Millimeter-waves for Wireless Personal Area Network
Millimeter-waves for Wireless Local Area Network
Millimeter-waves for Wireless Metropolitan Area Network
Millimeter-waves for mobile ad hoc networks
Millimeter-waves for wireless mesh networks
Millimeter-waves fiber-radio links
Millimeter-waves Broadband Wireless Access
Millimeter-waves radar for Intelligent Transportation Systems
Millimeter-wave DSRC Technology
Medium Access Control (MAC) protocols and algorithms
Technologies enhancing frequency utilization
Multimedia applications and signal processing
Antenna techniques enhancing system performance(e.g. MIMO, smart antenna)
Ad hoc network and LMDS based on millimeter-waves technology
Standardization activities in emerging standards, e.g. IEEE 802.11, 802.15, 
802.16 (including point-to-multipoint and mesh modes)
Testbed, prototype, practical system with performance evaluation via 
analysis, simulation and experiment
Applications for positioning system, public safety and disaster management

Important Dates
===============
You are invited to submit a 1-2 pages proposal describing the topic of your 
chapter. The proposal should include the chapter organization, number of 
pages of the final manuscript and contact authors. Deadline: 15, Feb. 2006
Notification of proposal acceptance: 30, Feb. 2006
Full chapter submission: 30, Jun. 2006
Review report received: 30, July 2006
Final version submission: 30, Aug. 2006
Publication: 2006/2007

Manuscript Submission
=====================
*Set as double-spaced
*Estimated, each chapter should has about 20 pages in the typeset format; 
i.e. about 30-40 pages with double-space format.
*Name figure files consecutively (Fig001.eps, Fig002.eps, etc.). Do not use 
descriptive names.
*Do not embed figures; please add all the figures at the end of the 
document.

Contact
=======
Please make correspondence and paper submissions to:

Shaoqiu XIAO, Ph.D.
National Institute of Information and Communications Technology
Email: xiaoshaoqiu <AT> ieee.org

Mingtuo ZHOU, Ph.D.
National Institute of Information and Communications Technology
Email: Zhou.Mingtuo <AT> ieee.org

Yan ZHANG, Ph.D.
National Institute of Information and Communications Technology
Email: yanzhang <AT> ieee.org 

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet