Subject: [manet] CFP: IEEE International Cross-Layer Designs and Protocols Symposium -- Paper Submission Due Date Is Approaching Quickly (Jan. 30, 2006).

From: Xi Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 21:57:06 -0600 (CST)

************** Sorry for receiving multiple copies of CFP's **************

The IEEE International Cross-Layer Designs and Protocols Symposium
Organized in Conjunction with IEEE IWCMC 2006 Sheraton Wall Center,
Vancouver, Canada, July 3-6, 2006

http://dropzone.tamu.edu/~xizhang/ieee_cross_layer_designs_protocols_symposium.htm

Technical Sponsored by: 

IEEE Computer Communications Technical Committee
IEEE Radio Communications Committee 
IEEE Personal Communications Technical Committee 
IEEE Multimedia Communications Technical Committee
ACM

Symposium Background and CFP: 

The explosive increasing in wireless packet-data applications, such as
wireless web browsing, real-time mobile multimedia streaming, and
interactive applications motivates the rapid development of the
next-generation mobile wireless networks. The associated communication
channels and traffic patterns in mobile wireless networks are more
unpredictable than the traditional wire-line networks. On the other hand,
the future multimedia applications impose stringent and diverse Quality of
Service (QoS) requirements, which cannot be satisfactorily addressed
through the traditional layering network-protocol architecture. 
Correspondingly, a cross-layer design paradigm would be needed to achieve
transmission protocol stack performance while meeting these new challenges
in QoS requirements. The cross-layer designs and protocols tend to be very
essential approaches for the mobile wireless and ad hoc networks where
unpredictable variables such as node mobility, node density, network
dimensions make the diverse and stringent wireless QoS requirements even
harder to satisfy. Cross-layer designs and protocols are the emerging
research areas where some early results have recently been reported in the
literatures, but the upcoming new applications and more stringent/diverse
wireless QoS requirements open even more new opportunities for many
interesting and comprehensive research topics targeting at concepts,
methodologies, and techniques to support the future advanced mobile
wireless applications. Clearly, the developments of the new schemes,
mechanisms, and systems associated with the cross-layer designs and
protocols will have a significant impact on the next generation of mobile
wireless communications and networks.

Scope of Contributions:

The focuses of the papers to be published in the
IEEE International Cross-Layer Designs and Protocols Symposium will
concentrate on the state-of-the-art research in various aspects of
cross-layer designs and protocols for the next-generation mobile
wireless communications networks. We solicit the original papers
covering various topics of interest that include, but not limited to the
following areas:

Methodologies for cross-layer protocol design in mobile wireless networks
Cross-layer strategies for wireless multimedia communications
Cross-layer error and delay control 
Cross-Layer Optimization for Energy, Network Lifetime, and Capacity
Communication Networks and Layered Network Architectures 
Complexity and Scalability Issues in Cross-Layer Design 
Physical Layer Information for MAC/Radio Link Control (RLC) Protocols
Signaling for Cross-Layer Protocol Interaction 
QoS and Radio Resource Management in Layered Networks 
Channel Access Algorithms for Cross-Layered Wireless Networks 
Routing, mobility management, and congestion control 
Performance Optimization for Cross-Layer Design of Wireless Network
Cross-Layer Design of MAC, RLC, and Routing Protocols in Wireless Networks
Software Defined Radio and Dynamic Wireless Networks 
Call Admission Control for Ad Hoc Networks 
Architectures for cross-layer protocol design in mobile wireless networks 
Adaptation for Energy Minimization in Cross-Layer Wireless Networks
Cross-Layer Design issues for QoS provisioning in Wireless Networks 
Layer Adaptation Based on Cross-Layer Notifications 
Signal Processing for Cross-Layer Design 
Cross-Layer Strategies and end-to-end QoS 
Special Projects in Cross-Layer Design 
Cross-Layer Strategies in Wireless Sensor and Actuator Networks
Interactions among PHY/MAC/RLC & transport layer protocols (e.g., TCP/UDP) 
Interactions between routing/mobility management and congestion control
Cross-layer design of MAC/RLC/Routing protocols in wireless ad hoc network 
Cross-layer adaptation for energy minimization in wireless networks
Application layer adaptation based on cross-layer notifications
Cross-layer strategies and end-to-end quality of service 
Cross-layer strategies in wireless sensor and actuator networks 
Design, implementation and test-bed/experimental results 
Overview/survey of the special undergoing/planned projects 
Standardization-issues/status-reports of various standards organizations.

Symposium Chair: 

Xi Zhang, Texas A&M University, USA,
[email-masked]

Symposium Co-Chairs:

Weihua Zhuang, University of Waterloo, Canada,
[email-masked] 

Sunghyun Choi, Seoul National University,
Korea, [email-masked]

Technical Program Committee:

Imad Aad, DoCoMo Labs Europe, Germany
Eitan Altman, INRIA, Sophia-Antipolis, FRANCE 
Alagan Anpalagan, Ryerson University, Canada 
Jun Cai, University of Waterloo, Canada 
Lin Cai, University of Victoria, Canada
Jean-Francois Chamberland, Texas A&M University, USA
Yu Cheng, University of Toronto, Canada 
Chun-Ting Chou, Philips Research USA, USA 
Christos Douligeris, University of Piraeus, Greece 
Zonghua Gu, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong 
Ian Henning, University of Essex, United Kingdom 
Hai Jiang, University of Waterloo, Canada 
Changhee Joo, Purdue University, USA
Byung-Jae Kwak, Elec.& Telecom. Research Institute, Korea 
Tae-Jin Lee, Sungkyunkwan University, KOREA 
Jiandong Li, Xidian University, China
Pascal Lorenz, University of Haute Alsace, FRANCE 
Mike MacGregor, University of Alberta, Canada 
Brian L. Mark, George Mason University, USA 
Vojislav Misic, University of Manitoba, Canada 
Jelena Misic, University of Manitoba, Canada 
Nidal Nasser, University of Guelph, Canada 
Daji Qiao, Iowa State University, USA 
Kai Shi, Olympus Communications Technology of America, USA
Nah-Oak Song, Elec. & Telecom. Research Institute, Korea 
Alex Sprintson, Texas A&M University, USA 
Ilenia Tinnirello, University of Palermo, Italy 
Yu-Chee Tseng, National Chiao Tung Univ., Taiwan 
Dimitrios Vergados, University of the Aegean, Greece
Tung Chong Wong, Institute for Infocomm Research, Singapore  
Guoliang Xue, Arizona State University, USA 
Qian Zhang, Hong Kong Univ. of Science and Technology, Hong Kong 
Xiaolan Zhang, IBM T.J Watson Research Center, USA 
Yan Zhang, Wireless Communications Lab., NICT, Singapore
Hengming Zou, Shanghai Jiaotong University, China

Time Lines:

Paper Submission Deadline: January 30, 2006, 
Paper Acceptance Notification: April 15, 2006,
Camera-ready Paper Submissions: May 30,
2006 Symposium Date: July 3-6 2006

Papers Submissions Instructions: Note that all papers are limited to six
pages, and must be in standard IEEE double-column PDF format. All
submissions will be handled electronically through the EDAS system at:
http://www.edas.info/newPaper.php?c=4712&

=========================================================================
Xi Zhang                            Assistant Professor
Dept. of Elec. & Comput. Engin.     Phone: 979-458-1416 
Texas A&M University                Fax:   979-845-2630 
315-B WERC Building                 Email: [email-masked] 
College Station, Texas 77843, USA   URL http://dropzone.tamu.edu/~xizhang
=========================================================================

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet