Subject: [manet] Help Required in ODMRP

From: Muhammad Mustafa Rafique <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 14:33:53 +0500

Dear Researchers,

As part of my MS thesis, I am working on multicast routing in mobile ad hoc
networks.  For this purpose I have to use On-Demand Multicast Routing
Protocol (ODMRP) to compare the performance of my work.  I am using Glomosim
2.03 for simulation purpose.

I have run different scenarios (varying mobility speed and number of
multicast group members) on Glomosim simulator using ODMPR as multicast
routing protocol.  I am using the default implementation of ODMRP, which is
supplied by default with Glomosim.  However, I am unable to reproduce the
results which are published in the following papers.

1.   On-Demand Multicast Routing Protocol S.-J. Lee, M. Gerla, and C.-C.
Chiang Proceedings of IEEE WCNC'99, New Orleans, LA, Sep. 1999, pp.
1298-1302.
2.   Sung Ju Lee, William Su, and Mario Gerla, "On-demand multicast routing
protocol in multihop wireless mobile networks," Mobile Networks and
Applications, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 441--453, 2002.

Kindly let me know if I am missing something.  Please find attached the
configuration file, which I am using in Glomosim.
May be the default implementation provided with Glomosim has some problems.
Please let me know from where I can get the correct implementation of ODMRP.

Please note that it is important for me to reproduce the published results,
so that I may evaluate the performance of my work.

Thanks & Best regards.
Mustafa Rafique.
_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet