Subject: [manet] CFP: Wireless Internet Conference (WICON) 2006

From: Tristan Henderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 09:59:03 -0500

CALL FOR PAPERS

Wireless Internet Conference - WICON 2006

August 2006, Boston, USA
http://www.wicon.org
Sponsored by ICST and Create-Net (IEEE Communication Society
sponsorship pending)

Built on this year's successful conference inaugural, the Wireless
Internet Conference (WICON) will continue to provide a premier
international forum to discuss novel research results related to the
emerging Wireless Internet. The conference addresses technologies
aimed at providing seamless connectivity, richer services, and better
quality for wireless data users while supporting heterogeneity in
communication technologies, network architectures, and applications.

The focus of the conference is on architectural, networking, security,
performance and management aspects of cellular, WiFi, WiMax and other
Wireless Internet technologies. Preference will be given to papers
describing implementations, deployment, measurements, empirical
performance evaluation and experiments. The conference will also put a
special emphasis on integration and convergence issues of various
wireless technologies and architectures, as well as cross-layer
aspects, such as QoS, billing, and security. Given the existence of
other conferences on mobile ad hoc networks, sensor networks, and the
like, papers that are oriented to ad hoc and sensor networks  are
discouraged unless they directly focus on the conference theme of the
Wireless Internet.

WICON is soliciting both research track and industry track papers. All
papers should describe original work that has been neither previously
published nor is under review by another conference or journal. The
page limit is 10 pages in IEEE double column format. Industry track
papers must have at least one author from industry, and should
describe interesting technical aspects of industrial applications,
prototypes, experiences, and standards; performance and design details
are encouraged, whereas papers focused on marketing or product
information will not be accepted. For easy identification, all
industry track papers should have as their title "Industry Track: rest
of title."  Papers will be submitted by electronic submission through
COCUS system: http://cocus.create-net.it. Topics of interest include,
but are not limited to, the following:

* Implementation, deployment and measurements
- performance  of 2G, 3G, WiFi and WiMax systems
- wireless network design, dimensioning and analysis
- implementation, experimental systems and measurements
- user behavior, traffic measurements and forecasting

* Applications and services for mobile users
- application platforms and middleware
- application performance, performance enhancement
- VoIP over wireless and cellular networks
- vertical wireless application design (e.g.  health care)    
- design and performance of wireless Internet applications (e.g.,
  mobile gaming)

* Mobile network architectures
- mobile networks beyond the 3rd generation
- IP Multimedia Subsystem architecture and protocols
- hybrid wireless architectures, fixed mobile convergence
- service network architectures
                               
* Wireless management, security and systems issues 
- wireless network management and diagnosis
- security, malware, viruses and spam in wireless Internet
- pricing and billing
- reliability of wireless networks and services

Important Dates:
- Full paper due: Friday, March 31, 2006 (5 PM PDT)
- Notification of acceptance: Friday, June 2, 2006
- Camera ready paper due: Friday, June 16, 2006 
- Conference dates: August 2-5 2006

General Chair: 
- Ravi Jain, Google
- Ram Ramjee, Bell Labs

Technical Program Co-Chairs:
- Lili Qiu, University of Texas at Austin
- Andras Valko, Ericsson

Steering Committee Chair:
- Imrich Chlamtac, Create-Net Research Consortium

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet