Subject: [manet] Paper Registration Deadline is Tomorrow: IEEE Communications Society/Create-Net BROADNETS 2006

From: Shiwen Mao <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 15:09:00 -0500

Dear Colleagues,

The paper registration deadline for the IEEE Communications
Society/Create-Net BROADNETS 2006 conference is tomorrow:
Jan. 31, 2006, Tuesday.

For paper registration, you only need to provide the title, list
of authors, and an abstract for your paper, at the COCUS
systems:
        http://cocus.create-net.org/cocus/welcome.do

Attached please find the Call for Papers for BROADNETS 2006.
More details can be found at the conference website:
        http://www.broadnets.org

Our sincere apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP.
Please feel free to distribute.

Best regards,
The IEEE Communications Society/Create-Net
BROADNETS 2006 Organizing Committee

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

CALL FOR PAPERS

==================================================
                                BROADNETS 2006
         IEEE Communications Society/Create-Net International
    Conference on Broadband Communications,Networks and Systems
==================================================

                  October 1-5, 2006, San Jose, CA, USA
                            http://www.broadnets.org/

IEEE Communications Society/Create-Net BROADNETS 2006 is an
international conference focusing on broadband communications,
networks, and systems and covers the entire gamut of next
generation networks, communications systems, applications and
services. The conference will consist of the following three symposia:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wireless Communications, Networks and Systems Symposium:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Topics include mobility, routing for multihop, multimedia QoS and
traffic management, cross-layer optimization, MAC and emerging
physical layer technologies (UWB, MIMO) for high-speed wireless
networking.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Optical Communications, Networks, and Systems:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Topics include WDM technologies, Ethernet and MPLS integration
into the optical layer, Next-Generation SONET/SDH, as well as SAN
extensions over DWDM/SONET/SDH, Optical and WDM communication
systems and cross-layer design.

------------------------------
General Symposium:
------------------------------

Topics include theory and algorithms of networking such as
routing, congestion control, traffic engineering, peer-to-peer
/overlay and security; architectures and protocols such as VPLS,
SIP and IMS; and applications and services such as L2/L3 VPNs,
VoIP, IPTV, content services and location-based services.

============
Important Dates
============

- COCUS Online Paper Registration: January 31, 2006
- Final Paper Upload: February 7, 2006
- Acceptance Notification: April 15, 2006
- Final Manuscript Due: May 15, 2006

=================
Submission Instructions
=================

Authors are invited to submit full papers of up to 10 pages
in two-column, no less than 10pt font, IEEE conference proceedings
format.  Papers should be submitted in PDF format to the respective
symposium through COCUS systems at
    http://cocus.create-net.org/cocus/welcome.do

The COCUS-link for each symposium is:
  - General Symposium
    http://cocus.create-net.org/cocus/login/loadEventDetails.do?id=6
  - Optical Communications, Networks, and Systems
    http://cocus.create-net.org/cocus/login/loadEventDetails.do?id=12
  - Wireless Communications, Networks and Systems Symposium
    http://cocus.create-net.org/cocus/login/loadEventDetails.do?id=10

Authors of accepted papers are required to register at regular
registration rates in order for the paper to appear in the
conference proceedings and on IEEE Xplore digital library.

===============================
CONFERENCE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
===============================

General Chairs

   Suresh Subramaniam, George Washington U.
   [email-masked]

   Mario Freire, U. of Beira Interior, Portugal
   [email-masked]

Technical Program Chairs

   Wireless Networks and Systems Symposium

     Aura Ganz, U. of Massachusetts
     [email-masked]

     Raghupathy Sivakumar, Georgia Tech
     [email-masked]

   Optical Networks and Systems Symposium

     Byrav Ramamurthy, U. of Nebraska- Lincoln
     [email-masked]

     Ahmed Kamal, Iowa State U.
     [email-masked]

   General Symposium

     Indra Widjaja, Bell Labs
     [email-masked]

     Hagen Woesner, CreateNet, Italy
     [email-masked]

Workshops Chairs

   Srinivasan Ramasubramanian, U. Arizona
   [email-masked]

Panels Chairs

   Rudra Dutta, NCSU
   [email-masked]

   Saswati Sarkar, UPenn
   [email-masked]

Website/Information Systems Chair

   Srinivasan Ramasubramanian, U. Arizona
   [email-masked]

Finance Chair

   Karen Decker, ICST
   [email-masked]

Corporate Sponsorships Chair

   TBD

Local Arrangement Chair

   Subhankar Dhar, San José  State U.
   [email-masked]

   Sukesh Pai, Microsoft Corp.
   [email-masked]

Publications Chairs

   Chonggang Wang, U. of Arkansas
   [email-masked]

   Arunita Jaekel, U. of Windsor
   [email-masked]

Publicity Chairs

   Wenjing Lou, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
   [email-masked]

   Shiwen Mao, Virginia Tech
   [email-masked]

Conference Coordination and Registration

   Kitti H. Kovacs, ICST
   [email-masked]

Student Travel Award Chair

   Vinod Vokkarane, UMass Dartmouth
   [email-masked]

===============
Steering Committee
===============

   Imrich Chlamtac, Chair, CreateNet, Italy
   [email-masked]

   Krishna Sivalingam, Co-Chair, U. Maryland, Baltimore County
   [email-masked]

   Thomas Hou, Virginia Tech
   [email-masked]

   Ioannis Tomkos, Athens Information Technology
   [email-masked]

   Brain J. Bigalke (Staff Liaison), IEEE Communications Society

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet