Subject: [manet] [CFP] 2007 International Symposium on Performance Evaluation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems (SPECTS'07)

From: "Abdelmajid Khelil" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 18:54:53 +0100

"We apologize if you have received multiple copies of this CFP", SPECTS07
Publicity Committee
****************************************************************************
************************************** 

2007 International Symposium on Performance Evaluation of Computer and
Telecommunication Systems 

SPECTS 2007
10Th Anniversary of SPECTS
http://eia.udg.es/SPECTS2007/ 

July 16-18, 2007
San Diego, California, USA 

This annual international conference is a forum for professionals involved
in performance evaluation of computer and telecommunication systems.
Performance evaluation of computer systems and networks has progressed
rapidly in the past decade and has begun to approach maturity. 

Significant progress has been made in analytic modeling, simulation, and
measurement approaches for performance evaluation of computer and
telecommunication systems. Topics of interest include, but are not limited
to:

Networking and Telecommunication Systems 
  
 Internet Technology
Quality of Service (QoS)
DiffServ/IntServ
MPLS/GMPLS
TCP
World Wide Web (WWW) Technology
  Networking Techniques
Unicast and Multicast Routing
Congestion Admission and Control
Switching Techniques
Tele-traffic
Network Protocols
Network Management and Control
Network Capacity Planning
Network Architecture Evaluation
Service and QoS Pricing
Security and Authentication
  Broadband Networks
High-Speed Networking
Optical Networks
  Wireless Systems and Networks
Satellite Systems
UMTS
Mobile Networks/Computing
Ad-hoc Networks
Sensor Networks
  Multimedia Communications and Applications 

Computer Systems
  Distributed Architectures
Client/Server
Distributed Systems and Agents
Parallel and Distributed Computing
Massively Parallel Systems
Cluster Computing
Grid Computing
Interconnection Networks
  Computer Architectures
Microprocessors/Microcomputers
Memory Systems
High Performance I/O
Real-time Systems
Scheduling Schemes
  Software
Software Performance, Evaluation, and Testing Parallel Algorithms and
Languages
  Electronic Commerce
  Hardware and Software Monitors
  High-Performance Computing
  Information Assurance
  Reconfigurable Computing
  Scientific Computing Algorithms
  Workload and Traffic Characterization 

Tools, Methodologies, and Applications 
  
  Parallel and Distributed Simulation
  Verification and Validation
  Neural Networks and Fuzzy Logic Applications
  Performance Optimization, Bounds, and Models
  Queuing Systems and Networks
  Scalability Studies
  Integrated Modeling and Measurement
  On-Line Performance Adaptation and Tuning
  Process Algebra-Based Models
  Mathematical Aspects and Integrated Design of Performance
  Case Studies 
  
General Chair
Mohammad S. Obaidat
Dept. of Computer Science, Monmouth University W. Long Branch, NJ 07764, USA
Tel +1-732-571-4482 Fax +1-732-263-5202
E-mail: [email-masked] 

Program Chairs 
  
Jose L. Marzo
University of Girona, Spain
E-mail: [email-masked] 

Ljiljana Trajkovic
Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, Canada
E-mail: [email-masked] 

Helena Szczerbicka
University of Hannover, Germany
E-mail: [email-masked] 

Tutorials and Special Sessions Chair
S. Dharmaraja
Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, India [email-masked] 

Awards Chair
Franco Davoli
University of Genoa, Italy
E-mail: [email-masked] 

Publication Chair
Pawel Gburzynski
University of Alberta, Canada
E-mail: [email-masked] 

Guoping Zeng (Chair), Nortel Networks, USA Weiguang Shi, Essia H. Elhafsi,
University of California-Riverside, USA Dr. Weiguang Shi Dr. Hua Zhu
Abdelmajid Khelil, Technical University of Darmstadt, Germany Antonio
Pescapè Essia H. Elhafsi, University of California-Riverside, USA 

Local Arrangement Chair
Richard McDonald
RMC, USA
[email-masked] 

Web Masters
Antonio Bueno
University of Girona, Spain
E-mail: [email-masked] 

Michel J. Chinni
U. S. Army TACOM-ARDEC
E-mail: [email-masked] 

Technical Program Committee
Abdullah Abonamah, Zayed University, UAE Tricha Anjali, Illinois Institute
of Technology, USA Carlos Belo, Instituto de Telecomunicações-IST, Portugal
Noureddine Boudriga, University of Tunis, Tunisia Maria C. Calzarossa,
University of Pavia, Italy Fernando Cerdan, Technical University of
Cartagena, Spain Tomaso de Cola, University of Genoa, Italy S. Dharmaraja,
Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, India Floriano De Rango, D.E.I.S.
Dept., University of Calabria, Italy Rachid El Abdouni Khayari, University
of the Armed Forces Munich, Germany Geoffrey Fox, Indiana University, USA
John Fox, Foxband Consultancy, UK Laurent Franck, Telecom Paris, France
Sebastia Galmes, Universitat de les Illes Balears, Spain Daniel Garcia,
University of Oviedo, Spain Erol Gelenbe, Imperial College, UK Pawel
Gburzynski, University of Alberta, Canada Sami Habib, Kuwait University,
Kuwait Jarmo Harju, Tampere University of Technology, Finland Xavier
Hesselbach-Serra, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Spain Xiaoyan Hong,
University of California, Los Angeles, USA Carlos Juiz, Universitat de les
Illes Balears, Spain Krishna Kant, Intel, USA Helen Karatza, Aristotle
University of Thessalonici, Greece Ulrich Killat, Tech. Univ. of Hamburg,
Germany Michalis E. Kounavis, Intel Research, USA Kevin Kwiat, Air Force
Research Laboratory, USA Veronica Lagrange M. Reis, HP Corp., USA S. Kami
Makki, University of Toledo, USA Krzysztof Malinowski, Warsaw Technical
University, Poland Marek Malowidzki, Military Communication Institute,
Poland Petteri Mannersalo, University of Vaasa, Finland Mario Marchese,
University of Genoa, Italy Pascale Minet, INRIA, France Jelena Misic,
University of Manitoba, Canada Vojislav Misic, University of Manitoba,
Canada Snezana Mitrovic-Minic, Simon Fraser University, Canada 
            Hussein Mouftah, University of Ottawa, Canada 

Ibrahim Onyuksel, Northern Illinois University, USA Mohamed Ould-Khaoua,
University of Glasgow, UK Elena Pagani, Università di Milano, Italy Georgios
I. Papadimitriou, Aristotle University, Greece Achille Pattavina,
Politecnico di Milano, Italy Krzysztof Pawlikowski, University of
Canterbury, New Zealand Gregory D. Peterson, University of Tennessee, USA
Stephen Pink, Lancaster University, UK Michal Pioro, Warsaw University of
Technology, Poland Desa Polajnar, University of Northern British Columbia,
Canada Jernej Polajnar, University of Northern British Columbia, Canada
Ramon Puigjaner, Universitat de les Illes Balears, Spain Vicente Santonja,
Technical University of Valencia, Spain Barbara Sorensen, Air Force Research
Laboratory, USA Tatsuya Suda, University of California, Irvine, USA Phuoc
Tran-Gia, University of Wuerzburg, Germany Pere Vila, University of Girona,
Spain Manuel Villen-Altamirano, Telefonica, Spain Bernd E. Wolfinger,
Hamburg University, Germany Guoping Zeng, Nortel Networks, USA Michele
Zorzi, Universit? di Ferrara, Italy 

Paper Submission
Please submit your complete papers electronically to:
http://www.scs.org/confernc/submit.asp. 

Instructions for authors will be posted on the paper submission web site.
Submissions should not exceed 8-10 double-spaced, 8.5x11 inch pages
(including figures, tables, and references) in 10 point fonts. Please
include 5-10 keywords, complete postal and e-mail address, and fax and phone
numbers of the corresponding author. If you have difficulties with
electronic submission, please contact Technical Program Co-Chairs or the
Local Arrangement Chair.

Extended versions of selected accepted papers at SPECTS 2007 will be
considered for possible publication in scholarly journals.

Proposals for 1.5 hour tutorials should be sent to Tutorials and Special
Sessions Chair. Tutorial abstracts along with keynote speeches  abstracts
will be included in the proceedings of the conference. Proposals for special
sessions should also be submitted to the Tutorials and Special Sessions
Chair. 

Deadlines
Submission of papers: February 26, 2007 Notification of acceptance: April
26, 2007 Submission of camera-ready papers: May 28, 2007  Sponsored by The
Society for Modeling and Simulation International Technically Co-Sponsored
by the IEEE Systems, Man, and Cybernetics (SMC) Society.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Abdelmajid Khelil           [email-masked]
DEEDS Group		             Department of Computer Science
Hochschulstr. 10 S2:02 E219        D-64289 Darmstadt, GERMANY
Tel. +49-6151-16-3414			    Fax. +49-6151-16-4310
http://www.deeds.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/khelil/index.html
-------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet