Subject: [manet] CALL FOR PAPERS - WONS 2008

From: Peter Baumung <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 13:57:43 +0200

----------------------------------------------------------------------
         CALL FOR PAPERS - WONS 2008
         The Fifth International Conference on Wireless
         On-demand Network Systems and Services

         January 24-25, 2008. Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany
         http://www.tm.uka.de/wons2008
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Scope of the conference
-----------------------
With the increasing variety of wireless technologies, ubiquitous
connectivity and service provisioning more and more complements
traditional, infrastructure-based cellular networks. WLANs, WiMax,
Mobile Ad-hoc networks as well as vehicular networks and sensor
networks are popular examples. The goal is to provide services "on
demand" with minimal planning and management effort as well as with
little dependency on existing network infrastructures.

On-demand provisioning of services in such infrastructure-less
environments is a challenge in itself. Methods for self-organisation
are strongly required to enable this vision. Other challenges are
posed by the architectures suited for different networks and
applications (e.g., specialized architectures for sensor networks)
also raising issues with respect to interoperability.

WONS is now at its fifth edition and is still confronted with new
technical challenges and new application demands. As such it provides
a premier forum for high quality paper presentations and lively
discussions.

For this conference we request submissions of high quality research
papers on "wireless on demand networks" that provide novel insights on
protocol and network design, modeling and performance evaluation,
pricing and profitability models, QoS models, practical
implementations, service level aspects and Internet integration of
wireless networks.

Topics related to wireless ad hoc networks, mesh networks, vehicular
networks and sensor networks comprise, but are not limited to: *
Architecture and Design * Analysis through simulation and experimental
evaluation * Modeling  * Internet integration * Social and economic
aspects * Pervasive / ubiquitous computing * Localization and mobility
management * Security * Energy-efficient protocols and power
management * Applications and Service Support  * Data dissemination
and Peer-to-Peer systems * Middleware aspects * Self-X and network
management

Manuscript submissions
----------------------
Submitted papers must not have been published elsewhere nor currently
be under review by another conference or journal. Authors are invited
to submit double-column full (8 pages) and short papers (4 pages) in
PDF format having a font size no smaller than 10pt. Short papers
should present future research directions, ongoing work, visionary,
innovative ideas. Further submission instructions will be published on
the conference web site.

Schedule
--------
Paper Submission Deadline: October 15, 2007
Notification of Acceptance: November 16, 2007
Camera-Ready Deadline: December 7, 2007

Organization - Executive Committee
----------------------------------
General Chair
    Martina Zitterbart, University of Karlsruhe

Technical Program Co-Chair
    Bahar Sadeghi, Intel Corporation
    Hannes Hartenstein, University of Karlsruhe

Local Organization Chair
    Falko Dressler, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg

Publicity and Web-Chair
    Peter Baumung, University of Karlsruhe
    Moritz Killat, University of Karlsruhe
	
Steering Committee
    Renato Lo Cigno (Chair), University of Trento
    Ernst Biersack, Institute EURECOM
    Edward W. Knightly, Rice University
    Mario Gerla, UCLA
    Ioannis Stavrakakis, University of Athens

Technical Program Committee (partial list)
    Ernst Biersack, Institute EURECOM
    Torsten Braun, University of Bern
    Sunghyun Choi, Seoul National University
    Marco Conti, CNR-IIT
    Andrzej Duda, LSR-IMAG Laboratory
    Mario Gerla, UCLA
    Silvia Giordano, SUPSI of Lugano
    Holger Karl, University of Paderborn
    Edward W. Knightly, Rice University
    Renato Lo Cigno, University of Trento
    Henrik Lundgren, Thomson Research
    Stefan Mangold, Swisscom
    Martin Mauve, Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf
    Pietro Michiardi, Institute Eurecom
    Michele Rossi, University of Padova
    Ioannis Stavrakakis, University of Athens
    Kurt Tutschku, University of Würzburg
    Michael Welzl, University of Innsbruck

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet