Subject: [manet] HotMobile 2008: Call for Papers

From: Alex Varshavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 11:41:36 -0400

+-------------------------------------------------------------+ 

                          HotMobile 2008
                       The Ninth Workshop on
             Mobile Computing, Systems and Applications
               Silverado Resort, Napa Valley, CA, USA
                       February 25-26, 2008
               http://www.cs.umass.edu/hotmobile2008

+-------------------------------------------------------------+

HotMobile 2008, the Ninth Workshop on Mobile Computing Systems and
Applications continues the series of highly selective, interactive
workshops focused on mobile applications, systems, and environments,
as well as their underlying state-of-the-art technologies. HotMobile's
small workshop format makes it ideal for presenting and discussing
new directions or controversial approaches.

We solicit submissions of position papers that focus primarily on
applications and systems and that propose new directions of research,
advocate non-traditional approaches to old (or new) ideas, or generate
controversy and discussion. We particularly look for position papers
containing highly original ideas in the following topic areas, although
papers describing other challenges unique to or exacerbated by mobility
are also welcome:

  * Operating system and distributed systems support for mobile computing
  * Coordination, aggregation, and spontaneous interaction of mobile devices
  * Novel applications and environments supporting mobility
  * HCI issues related to mobile computing
  * Security and privacy of mobile computing
  * Management, configuration, and deployment of systems supporting mobility

Submissions describing new lower-level technologies are welcome if they
focus on how the technology is being used or integrated into a system
or application.

HotMobile 2008 will be a highly interactive workshop. Submissions will be
judged based upon originality, technical merit, topical relevance, and
likelihood of leading to insightful discussion at the workshop.

To encourage an atmosphere conducive to participation, attendance will be
limited to 70 participants. Authors of submitted papers and accepted demo
proposals will be given first priority, with others able to register
on a space-available basis.

Paper submissions are due on Oct 16, 2007 at 23:59:59 EST.
Submissions should contain 6 or fewer U.S. letter pages in PDF format.
Papers should be single column using 12pt font. The conference proceedings
will be published by the ACM. Preliminary proceedings will be made available
to workshop participants online ahead of the workshop. Printed proceedings
will be published and mailed to participants after the workshop.
As is customary, papers must not have been published elsewhere and may not
be simultaneously under submission at another venue.

Poster and demo submissions are due on January 14th, 2008 at 23:59:59
EST.  Submissions must include an extended abstract limited to one
8.5x11-inch page in 12pt font.

The important dates, as well as the organizing and
program committee members are listed below.

We look forward to seeing you at HotMobile 2008.

Sincerely,

Alex Varshavsky <[email-masked]>
HotMobile 2008 Publicity Chair

Important Dates
---------------

Paper submissions due: October 16, 2007, 23:59 EST
Poster and demo submissions due: January 14, 2008, 23:59 EST
Acceptance notification: January 8, 2008
Revised position papers due: January 23, 2008
Workshop: February 25-26, 2008
Final position papers due: 1 month after workshop

Organizing Committee
--------------------

General Chair:      Mirjana Spasojevic, Nokia Research Palo Alto, USA
Program Chair:      Mark Corner, University of Massachusetts Amherst, USA
Posters Chair:      Frank Bentley, Motorola Labs, USA
Finance Chair:      April Slayden Mitchell, HP Laboratories, USA
Publicity Chair:    Alex Varshavsky, University of Toronto, Canada

Program Committee
-----------------

Victor Bahl, MSR Redmond, USA
Gaetano Borriello, University of Washington, USA
Ramon Caceres, IBM Research, USA
John Canny, Berkeley, USA
Landon Cox, Duke University, USA
Maria Ebling, IBM Research, USA
Jason Flinn, University of Michigan, USA
Adrian Friday, Lancaster University, UK
Jason Hong, CMU, USA
Ravi Jain, Google, USA
Scott Klemmer, Stanford University, USA
Tadayoshi Kohno, University of Washington, USA
Anthony LaMarca, Intel Research Seattle, USA
Bhaskaran Raman, IIT Kanpur, India
Mahadev Satyanarayanan, CMU, USA
Roy Want, Intel Research Santa Clara, USA
Ellen Zegura, Georgia Tech, USA

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet