Subject: RE: [manet] How to distinguish MANET interfaces and other interfaces?

From: "Dearlove, Christopher \(UK\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 09:33:22 +0100

From: [email-masked]
> In the NHDP-04, 10.1.1, OTHER_IF is used for distinguish MANET
interface or not.

Not quite. OTHER_IF is used to distinguish addresses
which are not from this MANET interface. Addresses
from non-MANET interfaces will be signalled as OTHER_IF
on all MANET interfaces, addresses from a MANET interface
will be signalled as OTHER_IF on other MANET interfaces.

For example if a node has MANET interfaces with addresses
A and B, and a non-MANET interface with address C, then
on interface A, addresses B and C will use OTHER_IF.

********************************************************************
This email and any attachments are confidential to the intended
recipient and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient please delete it from your system and notify the sender.
You should not copy it or use it for any purpose nor disclose or
distribute its contents to any other person.
********************************************************************

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet