Subject: [manet] XIAN version 1.2 released

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 15:44:35 +0100

Dear all,

We are glad to inform you that the version 1.2 of XIAN is now available. You
can download it at the project website http://xian.sourceforge.net/

This new release of XIAN offers the following new features:
- Implementation of mechanisms enabling bidirectional exchanges of metrics
between neighbouring nodes 
- Additionnal code example implementing the ETX metric "Expected
Transmission Count" 
- Implementation of the neighboring module maintaining an updated table of
the active neighbours

XIAN (Cross-layer Interface for wireless Ad hoc Networks) is a generic
interface for experimenting cross-layer designs with legacy 802.11
networking cards using the MadWifi driver on Linux plateforms. The code is
freely accessible under the GPL license. 

XIAN can be used as a service by other network layers or system components
to access information about configuration and performance of MAC/PHY layers.
The interface is fully implemented and is available for Linux over the
MadWifi 802.11 driver.

For more information, please refer to our project publications (available at
http://xian.sourceforge.net/docs/docs.html):
Herve Aiache, Vania Conan, Laure Lebrun, Jeremie Leguay, Stephane Rousseau,
Damien Thoumin. 
XIAN Automated Management and Nano-Protocol to Design Cross-Layer Metrics
for Ad hoc Networking. 
IFIP Networking 2008. Singapore - May 2008            

Contributions to this project are welcome, they can be done in collaboration
with the XIAN core developement team.

Please do not hesitate to send us any comments or feedback.

Best Regards,
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------- 
Laure LEBRUN & Jérémie LEGUAY
System Engineering and Architectures - TAI Laboratory
THALES Communications 
160 Bd de valmy - BP 82 - 92704 Colombes Cedex France 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet