Subject: [manet] Watchdog implementation

From: Tirthankar Ghosh <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 13:50:31 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,
  I am looking for an implementation of watchdog mechanism for data packets. I am not looking for ns2 simulation, but an actual implementation on linux 2.6 kernel. Does anyone have any suggestion? I am using AODV-UU with Orinoco Gold wireless cards with MadWiFi drivers. I want to implement watchdog on data packets (not on AODV control messages). Thanks.

 Tirthankar Ghosh

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: "Jens de Smit" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 12:38:18 +0200

>  I am looking for an implementation of watchdog mechanism for data packets. I am not looking for ns2 simulation, but an actual implementation on linux 2.6 kernel. Does anyone have any suggestion? I…

Hi,

Forgive me for being ignorant, but what do you mean by a "watchdog
mechanism"? If you mean "something that grabs packet off of the
network", you can try libpcap (http://www.tcpdump.org/) or NRL's
Protolib (http://cs.itd.nrl.navy.mil/work/protolib/).

Regards,

Jens

---

From: Sonja Buchegger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 18:19:17 +0200

Hi Tirthankar,

if you are refering to the watchdog mechanism described in "Mitigating
Routing Misbehavior in Mobile Ad-hoc Networks" by Marti et al.: A few
years ago we implemented it on Linux 2.4 with DSR, using APE, piconet,
Netfilter, and also Orinoco gold cards. 

The implementation is described in the following paper.

Sonja Buchegger, Cedric Tissieres, Jean-Yves Le Boudec
"A Test-Bed for Misbehavior Detection in Mobile Ad-hoc Networks - How
Much Can Watchdogs Really Do?"
Proceedings of IEEE WMCSA 2004, English Lake District, UK, December
2004.

I can still dig up the code, but it has not been updated since then.

Hope that helps,
Sonja