Subject: [manet] Problem with OLSR

From: Zhong Xu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 09:54:30 +0800

Hi，
when i did some experiments with OLSR using one PC（called node A, OS
is windows xp） and one embedded board（called node B, OS is linux）, I
met a strange problem.  One node can find the other in its neighbour
list, but the neighbour sometimes cannot be found in its routing
table. This may happens frequently sometimes. In our experiments, each
node is equipped with an additional antenna connecting to the
802.11b/g wireless card to enlarge the transmission range. The
distance between the two communication nodes is between 300m and
1500m, and under this condtion the link is good and ping is always
successful. The configurable parameters of olsr are same in two nodes.
By the way we repeat the expriment above in a room (the two nodes are
in the room without antenas), the problem hardly ever ocurrs.
Any possible reasons given would help me a lot. thanks.

2009-04-12

-- 
Zhong Xu
Ph.D. candidate
Northwestern Polytechnical University
McGill University
[email-masked]