Subject: [manet] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-manet-dymo-24.txt

From: "Charles E. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 19:36:45 -0800

Hello folks,

The new AODVv2 draft has been posted.  I put in the necessary specification
to enable alternate metrics; more discussion is needed for this point.

I noticed at the last minute that there were some mistakes in the example
message formats in the Appendices.  I think that I fixed most or all of 
them,
but today I have run out of time.  Nevertheless, instead of waiting until
next week to post the draft, I have submitted it today in case anyone
would like to have it available during the week.  Somehow I don't think
it will be the last version anyway.

Another thing I did not do is to re-verify that it is compatible with the
latest version of LOADng.  If there are incompatibilities, I expect them to
be minor, but as always everything is open for discussion.

If there is a desire to specify Cost() functions for other alternate 
metrics,
that will require more discussion.  I know this has been discussed before,
and in other working groups as well.  Whether the discussion would result
in further changes to the AODVv2 document, I don't know.  In the meantime,
we can just have HopCount to be the only fully specified metric for AODVv2.

There are some issues that may need to be posted to the Issue Tracker,
possibly including:
- whether SeqNum == 0 should be a reserved value
- whether a packet with alternate metric is recoverable when
    a handling node does not understand the metric.
- whether msg-hop-count can be relied on to count hops of
    a RteMsg
- whether msg-orig-addr can be relied on to indicate the IP address
    of the originator of a message
- whether msg-hop-count *really* has to be initialized to zero.

Have a great weekend!

Regards,
Charlie P.

PS. The draft for Intermediate RREP needs to be updated to
        account for minor differences introduced by enabling
        alternate metrics.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for draft-ietf-manet-dymo-24.txt
Date: 	Fri, 30 Nov 2012 19:27:32 -0800
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	[email-masked]
CC: 	[email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-manet-dymo-24.txt
has been successfully submitted by Charles E. Perkins and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-manet-dymo
Revision:	 24
Title:		 Dynamic MANET On-demand (AODVv2) Routing
Creation date:	 2012-12-01
WG ID:		 manet
Number of pages: 53
URL:             http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-dymo-24.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-dymo
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-manet-dymo-24
Diff:            http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-manet-dymo-24

Abstract:
    The Dynamic MANET On-demand (AODVv2) routing protocol is intended for
    use by mobile routers in wireless, multihop networks.  AODVv2
    determines unicast routes among AODVv2 routers within the network in
    an on-demand fashion, offering on-demand convergence in dynamic
    topologies.

The IETF Secretariat