Subject: [manet] As pointed out during the WG meeting ...

From: "JP Vasseur (jvasseur)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 19:05:25 +0000

Since you mentioned that the assumption was not there, please refer to

A LOADng Router does not maintain a precursor list, thus when
      forwarding of a data packet to the recorded next hop on the route
      to the destination fails, an RERR is sent only to the originator
      of that data packet.  The rationale for this simplification is an
      assumption that few overlapping routes are in use concurrently in
      a given network.

This is why I was proposing to clearly spell out the assumption on traffic profiles.

---

From: "Charles E. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 12:13:40 -0800

Hello folks,

Regarding precursors, I'd also like to point out that AODVv2 specifies
that RERR be sent for *active routes*.  And, moreover, if a RERR is
sent out for a idle route, there is no reason that an inactive node
would generate a RREQ because there would be no traffic to trigger
that action.

Regards,
Charlie P.

On 11/7/2012 11:05 AM, JP Vasseur (jvasseur) wrote:
>        of that data packet.*The rationale for this simplification is an
> *

-- 
Regards,
Charlie P.

---

From: "JP Vasseur (jvasseur)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 21:24:13 +0000

Right and as routes start to overlap, which is the case in many of these networks (observing traffic patterns) the lack
of a precursor lists get problematic IMO, leading to many stales routes on a potentially large number of routers (some
of these network may have up to 20 hops).

On Nov 7, 2012, at 3:13 PM, Charles E. Perkins wrote:

Hello folks,

Regards,
Charlie P.

--
Regards,
Charlie P.