Subject: [manet] VANET

From: Anupam Jamatia <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 07:51:32 +0530

Hi , Can any one suggest how to count the last node/vehicle (VANET enabled)
in the line.

AJ

---

From: Henning Rogge <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 08:19:46 +0100

Hi AJ,

maybe you can deliver a little bit more context about your question?

Henning Rogge

-- 
Steven Hawkings about cosmic inflation: "An increase of billions of
billions of percent in a tiny fraction of a second. Of course, that
was before the present government."

---

From: Anupam Jamatia <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 13:16:16 +0530

| On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 12:49 PM, Henning Rogge <[email-masked]>
wrote:
| Hi AJ,
| maybe you can deliver a little bit more context about your question?
\--

Dear Sir , Actually I am trying to find the possible ways which will count
the last node/vehicle in the line of vehicle/node using WAVE technology.
Thanks & Regards
AJ

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2012 15:49:24 +0100

Le 05/11/2012 08:46, Anupam Jamatia a écrit :
> | On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 12:49 PM, Henning Rogge
> <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote: | Hi
> AJ, | maybe you can deliver a little bit more context about your
> question? \--
>
> Dear Sir , Actually I am trying to find the possible ways which will
> count the last node/vehicle in the line of vehicle/node using WAVE
> technology.

Hello,

I think WAVE considers the link layer IEEE 802.11p and is specific to
North America (as compared to CALM elsewhere).

In the MANET WG there is probably few protocols that consider
specifically vehicular communications, like you mention - VANET.

But in the MANET WG there is strong consideration for IP protocols (as
opposed to WAVE which is probably more a link layer thing).

If one considers a row of vehicles that may be using IP, and with an IP
subnet between each pair of two successive vehicles, then one may use
the 'traceroute' unix tool to find out the last vehicle (precisely as
one would use traceroute to count the number of hops to another end node
in the Internet).

Henning asked about context of your question - please provide more.
Something like - is this simulation with ns or protocol implementation?
  Is it for a deployment of WAVE?  What is WAVE in your perspective?  Is
there a list of primitive WAVE operations that you wonder how to combine?

Alex

> Thanks & Regards AJ
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________ manet mailing list
> [email-masked] https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet
>