Subject: [manet] #4: Change to handling of Route.Dist for AdditionalNode routing information

From: "manet issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2012 02:41:18 -0000

#4: Change to handling of Route.Dist for AdditionalNode routing information

 Normal RREQ + RREP processing for route information always requires
 inclusion of a valid Route.Dist (i.e., Hop Count [as of the current
 revision]).  Optionally, routing information related to "Additional Nodes"
 can be included for nodes that are not themselves AODVv2 routers.  For
 such nodes, provision has been made to include relevant information (e.g.,
 next hop) without requiring a valid Route.Dist for the additional node.
 However, this makes some of the specification more difficult to
 understand.  The same effect can be achieved by assigning a large value
 for Route.Dist, so that any measured hop count will have the proper effect
 of updating the route table entry.  Such a parameter is available now,
 namely MAX_HOPCOUNT.  This only affects the optional inclusion of routing
 information about Additional Nodes.

-- 
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:  charliep@…          |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement         |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor               |  Milestone:
Component:  dymo                |    Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document  |   Keywords:  route metric, hop count
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/manet/trac/ticket/4>
manet <http://tools.ietf.org/manet/>