Subject: [manet] {Disarmed} IEEE GLOBECOM 2013 Green Track (Last four days) Deadline:Mar 29

From: "Burak Kantarci" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 23:20:50 -0400

Apologies for possible multiple copies.

CALL FOR PAPERS
IEEE GLOBECOM (Global Communications Conference) 2013
Symposium on Selected Areas in Communications
Green Communication Systems and Networks Track

Submission deadline: March 29, 2013 23:59:00 EDT
======================================
Track Chair
Stefano Bregni, Politecnico di Milano, Italy, [email-masked]

Neelesh B. Mehta, Indian Institute of Science (IISc), India,
[email-masked]

======================================
EDAS Submission Link:
<http://www.linkedin.com/redirect?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eedas%2Einfo%2FnewP
aper%2Ephp%3Fc%3D13183%26track%3D24871&urlhash=1RrZ&_t=tracking_anet>
https://www.edas.info/newPaper.php?c=13183&track=24871

======================================
Submission Guidelines

Prospective authors are invited to submit original technical papers. For
full details, please visit the following website:
 
<http://www.linkedin.com/redirect?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eieee-globecom%2Eorg
%2F2013%2Fsubmguide%2Ehtml&urlhash=SYHS&_t=tracking_anet>
http://www.ieee-globecom.org/2013/submguide.html

==============================
Scope and Topics of Interest

Green communications and computing has been increasingly emphasized in
recent years, on the grounds not only of ecological concerns but also of
significant economic drivers (cost saving). The current explosive growth in
the number of devices connected to the Internet and in transmission capacity
calls for "green solutions" to address the challenges in energy efficient
and/or resource-efficient and/or environmentally-friendly communications and
computing systems.

This track solicits contributions describing current trends and cutting-edge
research in communication and computing systems and networks that
incorporate "green" constraints in their design and operation. It covers a
wide range of green communications topics, including not only green-enabled
communications and computing networks, but also communication and computing
technologies enabling other green solutions such as smart grids, green
buildings and green logistics.

--------------------------------------------------
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):

-Energy-efficient protocols and networking
-Non-energy based green issues and approaches
-Green transmission technologies and network protocols
-Novel network concepts and architectures lowering the overall footprint of
ICT
-Self-organizing green wireless networks
-Green traffic shaping and policy implementation
-Green optical communications, switching and networking
-Use of cognitive principles to reduce energy and/or resource consumption in
wireline and/or wireless networks
- Power-efficient cooling and air-conditioning systems for communications
and computing
-Physical layer approaches for green communicommunications and computing
-Low cost, energy-efficient antenna and RF designs
-Green management of communication networks
-Context-based green management & green awareness
-Economy and pricing for green communication and services
-Green network monitoring
-Green sustainable storage and cloud computing
-Measurement and profiling of energy consumption
-Green scheduling for communications and computing
-Power consumption trends and reduction in communications
-Modeling and analysis for green communications and computing
-Security in green communication networks
-Standardization, policy and regulation for green communications and
computing
-Mitigation of electromagnetic pollution
-Experimental test-beds and results for green communications and computing
-Communication technologies for transport and logistics efficiency, e.g.,
applications to road traffic optimization and supply chain management
-Communication technologies for industrial processes
-Communication technologies for green buildings
-Communication technologies for energy harvesting
-Architectures and models for Smart Grid communications
-Communications networks for the Smart Grid
-Quality of service in smart grids
-Information security in the Smart Grid
-Sensor and actuator networks for smart grid
-Advanced metering infrastructure and smart meter technologies
-Field trials and deployment experiences