Subject: [manet] I-D Action: draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-olsrv2-sec-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2013 09:08:49 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Integrity Protection for Control Messages in NHDP and OLSRv2
	Author(s)       : Ulrich Herberg
                          Christopher Dearlove
                          Thomas Heide Clausen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-olsrv2-sec-03.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2013-07-02

Abstract:
   This document specifies integrity and replay protection for the MANET
   Neighborhood Discovery Protocol (NHDP) and the Optimized Link State
   Routing Protocol version 2 (OLSRv2).  This protection is achieved by
   using an HMAC-SHA-256 Integrity Check Value (ICV) TLV and a timestamp
   TLV based on POSIX time.

   The mechanism in this specification can also be used for other
   protocols that use the generalized packet/message format described in
   RFC 5444.

   This document updates RFC 6130 and RFC xxxx by mandating the
   implementation of this integrity and replay protection in NHDP and
   OLSRv2.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-olsrv2-sec

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-olsrv2-sec-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-olsrv2-sec-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/