Subject: [manet] Last Call: <draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-olsrv2-sec-03.txt> (Integrity Protection for Control Messages in NHDP and OLSRv2) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 06:58:10 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks WG
(manet) to consider the following document:
- 'Integrity Protection for Control Messages in NHDP and OLSRv2'
  <draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-olsrv2-sec-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-08-14. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies integrity and replay protection for the MANET
   Neighborhood Discovery Protocol (NHDP) and the Optimized Link State
   Routing Protocol version 2 (OLSRv2).  This protection is achieved by
   using an HMAC-SHA-256 Integrity Check Value (ICV) TLV and a timestamp
   TLV based on POSIX time.

   The mechanism in this specification can also be used for other
   protocols that use the generalized packet/message format described in
   RFC 5444.

   This document updates RFC 6130 and RFC xxxx by mandating the
   implementation of this integrity and replay protection in NHDP and
   OLSRv2.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-olsrv2-sec/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-olsrv2-sec/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.