Subject: Re: [manet] #11: Error: failure of delivery to single host can invalidate route to an entire network

From: "manet issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 19:15:38 -0000

#11: Error: failure of delivery to single host can invalidate route to an entire
network

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 I have devised a relatively straightforward proposal to
 repair this error.

 In section 8.4, top of page 35, replace:
    If the route satisfies all of the above conditions, !HandlingRtr sets
    the Route.Broken flag for that route.

 By:
    If the Route satisfies all of the above conditions, !HandlingRtr
    checks whether Route.!PrefixLength is the same as the prefix length
    for !UnreachableNode.Address.  If so, !HandlingRtr simply sets
    the Route.Broken flag for that Route.  Otherwise, !HandlingRtr
    creates a new route (call it !BrokenRoute) with the same !PrefixLength
    as the prefix length for !UnreachableNode.Address, and sets the
    !BrokenRoute.Broken flag for that new route.  If the prefix length
    for !BrokenRoute is shorter than Route.!PrefixLength, then Route MUST
    be expunged from the routing table (since it is a subroute of
    the larger route which is reported to be broken).

-- 
-----------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  Charlie Perkins
     Type:  defect                 |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major                  |   Milestone:
Component:  dymo                   |     Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document     |  Resolution:
 Keywords:  RERR, subnet route     |
-----------------------------------+------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/manet/trac/ticket/11#comment:2>
manet <http://tools.ietf.org/manet/>