Subject: [manet] Protocol Action: 'Routing MPR Optimization for the Optimized Link State Routing Protocol version 2 (OLSRv2)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-rmpr-optimization-01.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 10:21:06 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Routing MPR Optimization for the Optimized Link State Routing Protocol
   version 2 (OLSRv2)'
  (draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-rmpr-optimization-01.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Stewart Bryant.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-rmpr-optimization/

Technical Summary

   This specification updates the Optimized Link State Routing Protocol
   version 2 (OLSRv2) with an optimization to improve the selection of
   routing MPRs. 

   The optimization retains full interoperability between implementations
   of OLSRv2 with and without this optimization.

Working Group Summary

   There was consensus to publish the document.

Document Quality

   There is one publicly known implementation this extension to OLSRv2:

   o Ecole Polytechnique, France
     (Contact: Thomas Clausen)

   Note that OLSRv2 is now advancing in the RFC Editor Queue having
   been stuck for a long time. It is appropriate for this I-D to be an Update,
   and had normal things happened all the ducks would have lined up.

Personnel

   The Document Shepherd is Ulrich Herberg ([email-masked])
   The responsible Area Director is Adrian Farrel

RFC Editor Note

   This document updates draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2 which is in the RFC
   Editor Queue and likely to be published as an RFC before this
   document completes the process.

   Please note that IANA requests that the IANA Considerations section
   of the document remain in place upon publication.