Subject: [manet] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-clausen-manet-olsrv2-management-snapshot-01.txt

From: Ulrich Herberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 17:30:03 -0800

Hello,

Thomas and I submitted a new draft today. When standardizing RFC6779 and
the OLSRv2-MIB, we were asked to answer how MANETs are managed. This draft
describes how OLSRv2 networks are typically managed as of today (see
abstract and link below). The draft does not intend in any way to replace
the efforts of draft-nguyen-manet-management, which provides a larger scope
of many different ways that are imaginable for MANET management, but that
we don't have concrete evidence of being in use today. In my opinion, both
documents could be developed in parallel, with likely a shorter time to
publish for the new snapshot draft.

We ask the chairs for a slot to present this draft at the meeting in
London, with the aim of making a consensus call for WG adoption soon after
London.

Best regards
Ulrich

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 5:20 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-clausen-manet-olsrv2-management-snapshot-01.txt
To: Thomas Clausen <[email-masked]>, "Thomas H. Clausen" <
[email-masked]>, Ulrich Herberg <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-clausen-manet-olsrv2-management-snapshot-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Ulrich Herberg and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-clausen-manet-olsrv2-management-snapshot
Revision:       01
Title:          Snapshot of OLSRv2-Routed MANET Management
Document date:  2014-02-11
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          10
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-clausen-manet-olsrv2-management-snapshot-01.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-clausen-manet-olsrv2-management-snapshot/
Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-clausen-manet-olsrv2-management-snapshot-01
Diff:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-clausen-manet-olsrv2-management-snapshot-01

Abstract:
   This document describes how Mobile Ad Hoc Networks (MANETs) are
   typically managed, in terms of pre-deployment management, as well as
   rationale and means of monitoring and management of MANET routers
   running the routing protocol OLSRv2 and its constituent protocol
   NHDP.  Apart from pre-deployment management for setting up IP
   addresses and security related credentials, OLSRv2 only needs routers
   to agree one single parameter (called "C").  Other parameters for
   tweaking network performance may be determined during operation of
   the network, and need not be the same in all routers.  This, using
   MIB modules and related management protocols such as SNMP (or
   possibly other, less "chatty", protocols).  In addition, for
   debugging purposes, monitoring data and performance related counters
   can be sent to the Network Management Station (NMS) via standardized
   management protocols.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat