Subject: [manet] Reviewing draft-dearlove-manet-olsrv2-multitopology-02

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 02:10:45 +0100

The draft is very interesting and I add to ones supporting adoption.
However, I will give my review comments for discussions or future
progress.

Draft>This specification describes an extension to the Optimized Link State
Routing Protocol version 2 (OLSRv2) to support multiple routing
topologies, while retaining interoperability with OLSRv2 routers that
do not implement this extension.

AB> so the extension allows both OLSRv2 and MT-OLSRv2 interoperate,
but are there any conditions?

Draft> The purpose of this specification is to extend [OLSRv2] so as to
enable a router to establish and maintain multiple routing topologies
in a MANET, each topology associated with a link metric type.

AB> Do you mean while retaining interoperability with few OLSRv2 in
the MANET? usually when mentioning MANET in the draft I expect its
nodes are routers of MT-OLSRv2 not non-MT-OLSRv2.

AB> By increasing numbers of the non-MT-OLSRv2 within the MANET there
may be disadvantages for the MT-OLSRv2 maintenance of its topologies.
There should be a limit or some considerations for interoperability
without MT errors.

AB> Section 4, is very important but needs more work to clarify the
protocol functions. As I did not understand if it is a MUST that all
MPRs are MT-OLSRv2 or few/one can be non-MT-OLSRv2.

Thanks to the authors,
AB