Subject: [manet] Preliminary MANET agenda

From: Ulrich Herberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 13:39:56 -0800

I have uploaded the preliminary agenda to:
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/89/agenda/agenda-89-manet

Unfortunately, I am unsure whether the MANET meeting will take place on
Monday afternoon (3.20pm) or on Wednesday morning (9am). Adrian has sent a
formal request to change it to Monday, but the final agenda still lists
MANET on Wednesday. I have sent an email to Adrian to clarify.

Best regards
Ulrich

---

From: Christopher Dearlove <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 21:52:51 +0000

I'm not sure why the request, which was nothing to do with me, but as it happens, for other reasons, I'm hoping the change can be made.

On 17 Feb 2014, at 21:39, Ulrich Herberg wrote:

> Unfortunately, I am unsure whether the MANET meeting will take place on Monday afternoon (3.20pm) or on Wednesday morning (9am). Adrian has sent a formal request to change it to Monday, but the final agenda still lists MANET on Wednesday. I have sent an email to Adrian to clarify.
> 
> Best regards
> Ulrich
> _______________________________________________
> manet mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 23:53:27 +0100

Hi Ulrich

I expected the DT of DLEP to report its summary, will it be presented with
the WG document, or the DT already amended the document.

AB

---

From: Ulrich Herberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 14:59:16 -0800

AB,

I refer this question to Stan. I assume that the DT or one of the editors
(Stan) will present the updates. A new DLEP revision has been posted on
February 10:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-manet-dlep-05

Best regards
Ulrich

---

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 01:01:30 +0100

Thanks Ulrich,

I seen the update but was not sure if I will be asked to accept/review the
DT output before updating the draft or after updating the draft. Please
note that I need an answer from draft editors before the meeting because I
want to review the draft with the DT final report.

Please note that I expect that DT is not part of the WG decisions even if
it has some participants of the WG.

AB

On Monday, February 17, 2014, Ulrich Herberg wrote:

> [email-masked]<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml',[email-masked]');>
> > wrote:
>
>> Hi Ulrich
>>
>> I expected the DT of DLEP to report its summary, will it be presented
>> with the WG document, or the DT already amended the document.
>>
>> AB
>>
>>

---

From: "Stan Ratliff (sratliff)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 15:16:53 +0000

Abdussalam,

The design team inputs drove the changes that culminated in DLEP-05. That being said, I'm hopeful that there will continue to be active discussion and debate on this mailing list about DLEP.

Regards,
Stan

On Feb 17, 2014, at 5:59 PM, Ulrich Herberg <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:

AB,

I refer this question to Stan. I assume that the DT or one of the editors (Stan) will present the updates. A new DLEP revision has been posted on February 10:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-manet-dlep-05

Best regards
Ulrich

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 2:53 PM, Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
Hi Ulrich

I expected the DT of DLEP to report its summary, will it be presented with the WG document, or the DT already amended the document.

AB

Best regards
Ulrich

---

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 04:22:40 +0100

Hi Ulrich,

I have a question and suggestion for the agenda. Is the time assigned to
each speaker includes presentation time only or is the time includes
also questions/comments? I see one item has 20 minutes and another
15min.  I think presenting for 10 min is enough compared with other
items and if no group discussion the speaker can then do the other 10 min
or 5 min they requested, so maximum 20 min per item if the chair
agrees. Thanks.

AB

---

From: Ulrich Herberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 20:16:05 -0800

Abdussalam,

the time includes questions / discussion time. In fact, I hope that most of
the time of each slot is used for discussion; the presentations should be
fairly short. The timing is not set in stone; if one slot takes less time
because there is no discussion, it makes sense to shorten the slot during
the meeting. On the other hand, if one slot exceeds time because of
relevant discussions, I am certain that the chairs will let the discussions
continue for some time.

Best regards
Ulrich