Subject: [manet] [Errata Verified] RFC5444 (4003)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 03:03:06 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been verified for RFC5444,
"Generalized Mobile Ad Hoc Network (MANET) Packet/Message Format". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5444&eid=4003

--------------------------------------
Status: Verified
Type: Editorial

Reported by: Christopher Dearlove <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2014-05-29
Verified by: Adrian Farrel (IESG)

Section: Appendix B

Original Text
-------------
  o  <msg-hop-limit> field, if present, contains the number of hops on
     which the packet is allowed to travel before being discarded by a
     MANET router.  The <msg-hop-limit> is set by the message
     originator and is used to prevent messages from endlessly
     circulating in a MANET.  When forwarding a message, a MANET router
     should decrease the <msg-hop-limit> by 1, and the message should
     be discarded when <msg-hop-limit> reaches 0.

  o  <msg-hop-count> field, if present, contains the number of hops on
     which the packet has traveled across the MANET.  The <msg-hop-
     count> is set to 0 by the message originator and is used to
     prevent messages from endlessly circulating in a MANET.  When
     forwarding a message, a MANET router should increase <msg-hop-
     count> by 1 and should discard the message when <msg-hop-count>
     reaches 255.

Corrected Text
--------------
  o  <msg-hop-limit> field, if present, contains the number of hops on
     which the message is allowed to travel before being discarded by a
     MANET router.  The <msg-hop-limit> is set by the message
     originator and is used to prevent messages from endlessly
     circulating in a MANET.  When forwarding a message, a MANET router
     should decrease the <msg-hop-limit> by 1, and the message should
     be discarded when <msg-hop-limit> reaches 0.

  o  <msg-hop-count> field, if present, contains the number of hops on
     which the message has traveled across the MANET.  The <msg-hop-
     count> is set to 0 by the message originator and is used to
     prevent messages from endlessly circulating in a MANET.  When
     forwarding a message, a MANET router should increase <msg-hop-
     count> by 1 and should discard the message when <msg-hop-count>
     reaches 255.

Notes
-----
Two changes of "packet" to "message". Message is consistent with the normative Section 5.2 that defines these fields (which may appear in each message, so are not uniquely defined for a packet), the text introducing these bullet points, and the remainder of these paragraphs.

(Note that the original and corrected text has had indentation reduced by one space.)

--------------------------------------
RFC5444 (draft-ietf-manet-packetbb-17)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Generalized Mobile Ad Hoc Network (MANET) Packet/Message Format
Publication Date    : February 2009
Author(s)           : T. Clausen, C. Dearlove, J. Dean, C. Adjih
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Mobile Ad-hoc Networks
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG