Subject: [manet] Fwd: Invitation to Participate in IETF 90 Bits-N-Bites: Internet of Things

From: Ulrich Herberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 08:54:04 -0700

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alexa Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, May 21, 2014 at 8:07 AM
Subject: Invitation to Participate in IETF 90 Bits-N-Bites: Internet of Things

Bits-N-Bites at IETF 90 in Toronto will focus on the Internet of
Things, and the IETF invites you and your organization to participate!

The arrival of Things connected to the Internet in recent years has
given life to new applications in both the consumer and industrial
market segments. We are surrounded by products that utilize
connectivity and a growing enthusiasm suggests imminent and impressive
deployments: billions of new connected devices are expected by year
2020.  In the industrial world, wide spread wireless sensoring devices
that collect data and measurements will move us into the next phase of
process optimization. This will require the combination of the best of
Information Technology (IT) and Operational Technology (OT), forming
the IT/OT convergence.

When deploying multi-stage Thing topologies, two trends compete: IP
protocols are enhanced and transformed into less end-to-end protocols
(address translation, header compression, 'mesh under' routing and
more) and, alternatively, existing IP protocols are reduced to their
bare minimum such as to fit in reduced Things (reduced CPU frequency
and number of transistors, dimensions and energy consumption).

IETF 90 demonstrations should exhibit recent developments of IP
protocols for IoT networks (6lowpan adaptation layers, MANET and RPL
routing protocols, 6tsch time-constrained communications, CoAP
app-layer protocols) as well as demonstrations of the tendency of
bringing the known IPv6 as close as possible to the Thing - minimum
set of unmodified IPv6, Neighbor Discovery, DHCP, HTTP, IKEv2.
Demonstrations of geo-location uses in and for IP networking and the
surrounding privacy issues are also welcome.

Does your organization want to reach 1,200 Internet engineers and
demonstrate your IoT technologies and usage of IETF protocols? This is
your opportunity to show leading industry professionals the latest and
greatest of what you do in a social and interactive setting.

Examples of demos include, but are not limited, to:

• home automation controller using SNMP for HVAC and ambient
temperature, electricity counter;
• industrial-grade Wireless Sensor Network products;
• scalable wireless designs and existing deployments;
• IPv6 end-to-end and backbone interconnection;
• tablet summarizing status of widespread devices through
heterogeneous link connections;
• smart belt collecting body information with low-energy communication
protocols;
• vehicle interior connected designs, vehicle-to-road sensor-based
communications;
• sensor-assisted autonomous mobile Things (mono-, bi-, quad- wheeled
or propelled devices);
• vehicular communications (e.g. dead-reckoning enhancements for
enhanced GPS localization, geo-dissemination);
• smartphone applications relying on geo-localization.

There many ways to configure your demo, such as:

• Things deployed on a table, relying on local connections and
alternatively exhibiting remote access across the Internet;
• a poster describing a demo;
• video sequence showing a lab demonstration.

For information about IETF 90 Bits-N-Bites, please see
http://www.ietf.org/meeting/90/90-bits-n-bites.html or send email to
[email-masked].

Regards,
Alexa

----------
Alexa Morris / Executive Director / IETF
48377 Fremont Blvd., Suite 117, Fremont, CA  94538
Phone: +1.510.492.4089 / Fax: +1.510.492.4001
Email: [email-masked]

Managed by Association Management Solutions (AMS)
Forum Management, Meeting and Event Planning
www.amsl.com <http://www.amsl.com/>

_______________________________________________
6lo mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6lo