Subject: [manet] Call to adopt draft-dearlove-manet-nhdp-optimization-01

From: "Stan Ratliff (sratliff)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 16:50:27 +0000

Working group participants, 

There is a request for the WG to adopt draft-dearlove-manet-nhdp-optimization-01 as a WG document. What say you? 

Regards,
Stan

---

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 05:51:22 +0100

Hi WG Chair,

IMHO the proposal updates our two tested standards function related to
lost nieghbors, but I am not sure of the tests of this optimisation
approach compared with standards. Furthermore, the optimisation is not
determined, or the draft does not explain how to determine the threshods to
ensure optimisation. The draft is with a general approach with no test
references, and I searched for credibility of the draft approach and had no
engineering test results (no published/presented test of the draft approach
in the world, if I am mistaken please point me to a reference).

So I say: to suggest that draft authors show WG the performance results in
one meeting. I vote don't adopt until seeing a presented results of
optimisation performance in terms of net data rate and delay with MANET
size scenarios and with determined thresholds (experiments or simulations).

AB

On Wednesday, July 2, 2014, Stan Ratliff (sratliff) wrote:

> There is a request for the WG to adopt
> draft-dearlove-manet-nhdp-optimization-01 as a WG document. What say you?
>
> Regards,
> Stan
> _______________________________________________
> manet mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet
>