Subject: [manet] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-yi-manet-olsrv2-multipath-01.txt

From: Jiazi YI <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 19:38:11 +0200

Hi,

We just submitted a new revision of the olsrv2-multipath.
The major modification is a new subsection, stating the motivation of being
experimental, and the experiments to be conducted.

regards

Jiazi Yi

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 7:32 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-yi-manet-olsrv2-multipath-01.txt
To: Jiazi Yi <[email-masked]>, Benoit Parrein <
[email-masked]>, Benoit Parrein <
[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-yi-manet-olsrv2-multipath-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Jiazi Yi and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-yi-manet-olsrv2-multipath
Revision:       01
Title:          Multi-path Extension for the Optimized Link State Routing
Protocol version 2 (OLSRv2)
Document date:  2014-07-22
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          16
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yi-manet-olsrv2-multipath-01.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-yi-manet-olsrv2-multipath/
Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-yi-manet-olsrv2-multipath-01
Diff:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-yi-manet-olsrv2-multipath-01

Abstract:
   This document specifies a multi-path extension to the Optimized Link
   State Routing Protocol version 2 (OLSRv2) to discover multiple
   disjoint paths, so as to improve reliability of the OLSRv2 protocol.
   The interoperability with OLSRv2 is retained.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Henning Rogge <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 12:48:27 +0200

> experimental, and the experiments to be conducted.

Just a question I forgot to ask yesterday... how does this multipath
apporach deal with the MTU problem? Using source-routing costs a lot
of MTU.

Henning Rogge

---

From: Jiazi YI <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 23:41:38 +0200

Hi,

There will be a source-routing header, but it won't be costly.

We are using loose source routing: if we have 100 hops, there is no need to
keep all the 100 addresses in the header, but a few key routers that must
go through. For the forwarding between the key routers, OLSRv2 will take
care of if by it's own routing table. Experiments show that we are quite
safe to get desired disjoint paths using loose source routing.

For IPv6, which has relatively long address, RFC6554 provided a compressing
mechanism if the routers share a common prefix.

regards

Jiazi