Subject: [manet] I-D Action: draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-optimization-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 10:07:04 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : An Optimization for the MANET Neighborhood Discovery Protocol (NHDP)
        Authors         : Christopher Dearlove
                          Thomas Heide Clausen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-optimization-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2014-07-21

Abstract:
   The link quality mechanism of the MANET Neighborhood Discovery
   Protocol (NHDP) enables "ignoring" some 1-hop neighbors if the
   measured link quality from that 1-hop neighbor is below an acceptable
   threshold, while still retaining the corresponding link information
   as acquired from HELLO message exchange.  This allows immediate
   reinstatement of the 1-hop neighbor if the link quality later
   improves sufficiently.

   NHDP also collects information about symmetric 2-hop neighbors.
   However it specifies that if a link from a symmetric 1-hop neighbor
   ceases being symmetric, including while "ignored" as described above,
   then corresponding symmetric 2-hop neighbors are removed.  This may
   lead to symmetric 2-hop neighborhood information being permanently
   removed (until further HELLO messages are received) if the link
   quality of a symmetric 1-hop neighbor drops below the acceptable
   threshold, even if only for a moment.

   This specification updates NHDP, and the Optimized Link State Routing
   Protocol version 2 (OLSRv2) to permit retaining, but ignoring,
   symmetric 2-hop information when the link quality from the
   corresponding 1-hop neighbor drops below the acceptable threshold.
   This allows immediate reinstatement of the symmetric 2-hop neighbor
   if the link quality later improves sufficiently, thus making the
   symmetric 2-hop neighborhood more "robust".

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-optimization/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-optimization-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Thomas Clausen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 13:10:12 -0400

All,

Given that draft-dearlove-manet-nhdp-optimization-01 was adopted as WG document, and with the submission embargo over, we hereby post the very same text as draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-optimization-00

If you've already read draft-dearlove-manet-nhdp-optimization-01, then don't panic -- other than the file-name change, this is *exactly* the same text.

Best,

Thomas

Sent from my iPad

> On 21 Jul 2014, at 13:07, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> manet mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet