Subject: [manet] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-clausen-manet-rfc6779bis-00.txt

From: Ulrich Herberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 15:55:33 -0400

Hi,

we have posted a new draft that obsoletes RFC6779 (NHDP-MIB) and that
extends it according to what is specified in section 6 of
draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-optimization. The logical next step would be to
submit an update to draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-optimization (with section 6
removed). If we adopt draft-clausen-manet-rfc6779bis-00, we can then
proceed to WGLC and progression of both these documents together.

WG chairs, given that the changes were only the ones that are
specified in section 6 of draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-optimization (which is
adopted by the WG), can we submit this MIB update as
draft-ietf-manet-rfc6779bis?

Besides the requested changes specified in section 6 of
draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-optimization, there was no change of the MIB
module (other than a handful of minor editorial edits):

http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=rfc6779.txt&url2=draft-clausen-manet-rfc6779bis-00.txt

Regards
Ulrich

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 3:30 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-clausen-manet-rfc6779bis-00.txt
To: Ian D Chakeres <[email-masked]>, Ulrich Herberg
<[email-masked]>, "Thomas H. Clausen" <[email-masked]>,
"Robert G. Cole" <[email-masked]>, Thomas Heide Clausen
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-clausen-manet-rfc6779bis-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Ulrich Herberg and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-clausen-manet-rfc6779bis
Revision:       00
Title:          Definition of Managed Objects for the Neighborhood
Discovery Protocol
Document date:  2014-07-25
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          70
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-clausen-manet-rfc6779bis-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-clausen-manet-rfc6779bis/
Htmlized:       http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-clausen-manet-rfc6779bis-00

Abstract:
   This document revises, extends, and replaces RFC 6779.  It defines a
   portion of the Management Information Base (MIB) for use with network
   management protocols in the Internet community.  In particular, it
   describes objects for configuring parameters of the Neighborhood
   Discovery Protocol (NHDP) process on a router.  The MIB module
   defined in this document, denoted NHDP-MIB, also reports state,
   performance information, and notifications about NHDP.  This
   additional state and performance information is useful to
   troubleshoot problems and performance issues during neighbor
   discovery.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat