Subject: [manet] some feedback on dlep-draft05

From: Vigneswaran R <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 18:17:17 +0530

Hello,

The following seems to be discrepancies in the dlep draft-05. Please 
have a look. Thanks.

section #10

* there is no section 11.1 which is explaining valid DLEP signals (is 
that 10.1?)
* section 10.1 doesn't define identification data item. Btw, what is 
identification data item? I couldn't find any examples.

section #10.1

Missing some signals,
* Peer Initialization ACK (explained in section 10.5)
* Destination Update ACK (mentioned in section 9.22)

section #10.2

* the sentence "There are NO data item TLVs associated with the Peer 
Discovery message" is contradictory with the information in section 9.1 
which says DLEP version TLV is a MANDATORY TLV in Peer Discovery.

section #10.6

* as per section 9.9 & 9.10, Current Data Rate (receive & transmit) are 
mandatory data items [wherever used]. However, section 10.6 says all 
data items [including those two] for Peer Update are optional data items.

section #10.9

* as per section 7, Status is a mandatory data item for Peer Termination 
ACK message. however section 10.9 says it as optional data item.

section #12.3

* Destination Update ACK signal, which is mentioned in section 9.22, is 
missing.

Regards,
Vignesh