Subject: [manet] Third IEEE Workshop on Telecom Standards - From Research to Standards (Firm deadline: 15th July!)

From: Periklis Chatzimisios <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2014 10:50:11 +0300

We would like to attract your attention to the fast-approaching 
submission deadline of the third "IEEE Workshop on Telecommunication 
Standards: From Research to Standards" as part of IEEE Globecom Dec. 
8-12, 2014, Austin, Texas, USA

Important relevant notes follow:
1- Work is under progress to make of the workshop a standalone IEEE 
conference from next year.

2- The workshop's BEST PAPERS will be recommended for publication at the 
IEEE Communications Magazine's supplement on "Communications Standards", 
including the following feature topic:
"Research & Standards: Advanced Cloud Technologies & Network Function 
Virtualization Techniques in 5 G".

3- A specific track will be dedicated for papers on research projects 
with potential impact on standards bodies, including and not limited to, 
ITU-T, IEEE, IETF, 3GPP, ETSI, OMA, Broadband Forum, and oneM2M. 
Visionary papers on hot topics, such as Advanced 5G Network 
Infrastructure, Software Defined Networks and Services, and Network 
Functions Virtualization (NFV) are highly welcome.

Further details about the workshop are available at its official 
website: http://www.research2standards.org

Important Dates for Paper Submission:
   - Submission Deadline:  July 15, 2014 (firm deadline)
   - Acceptance Notification: September 01, 2014
   - Camera-Ready Submission: October 01, 2014

Workshop General Chair:
   - Dr. Tarik Taleb, NEC Europe, Germany

Panel and Keynotes Co-Chairs:
   - Dr. David Soldani, Huawei European Research Centre (ERC), Germany
   - Dr. Anass Benjebbour, NTT DoCoMo, Japan

TPC Co-Chairs:
   - Dr. Adlen Ksentini, INRIA/Univ. of Rennes, France
   - Dr. Amitav Mukherjee, Hitachi America Ltd. USA
   - Mr. Athul Prasad, Nokia, Finland
   - Dr. JaeSeung Song, Sejong Uni., Korea
   - Dr. Tuncer Baykas, Tohoku Uni., Japan
   - Dr. Klaus Doppler, Nokia Research Center, USA

Standards Relevant EU Projects Co-Chairs:
   - Prof. Luis M. Correia, IST – University of Lisbon, Portugal
   - Dr. Bernard Barani, European Commission, Belgium
   - Prof. Matti Latva-aho,University of Oulu, Finland

Publicity Co-Chairs:
   - Dr. Alexander D. Gelman, IEEE ComSoc and NETovations, USA
   - Dr. Adel Al-Hezmi, Fraunhofer Fokus, Germany
   - Dr. SM Hasan, GE Global Research, USA
   - Dr. Periklis Chatzimisios, Alexander TEI of Thessaloniki, Greece