Subject: [manet] AB#1 Review (aodvv2): Draft Content Organisation

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 19:37:35 +0200

Following similar way of RFC3561 as having section of messages and then
its operation. The AODVv2 draft-04 section 5 mixes the specification of
having some operation with the data structure specification.

I suggest for AODVv2 to organised to have data-structures and then
there operation in separate sections, so section 5 to represent all data
structure including one subsection for the packet/message. Section 7.2
should be transferred to be into the current subsection 5.4. Furthermore,
this section 5 should focus on structure and leave operation of such
subsection to the operation section.

--- OLD ---
5. Data Structures.
5.1.  Route Table Entry .
5.2.  Bidirectional Connectivity and Blacklists.
5.3.  Router Clients and Clients Network.
5.4.  AODVv2 Message Header Fields and Information Elements.
5.5.  Sequence Numbers.
5.6.  Enabling Alternate Metrics.
5.7.  RREQ Table: Received RREQ Messages.

--- NEW ---

5. Data Structures.
5.1.  Route Table Entry .
5.2.  RREQ Table Entry (Received RREQ Messages).
5.3.  Blacklists and Bidirectional Connectivity.
5.4.  Packet/Messages and information elements.
5.5.  Enabling Alternate Metrics.
5.6   Sequence Numbers.
5.7.  Router Clients and Clients Network.

AB> The above section 5 can be reordered, because I was not sure about
which is better to be before which but I tried to start with all tables and
consider most used data structure.

Finally, In operation section as 6 to include all operation related to the
above data structure of new section 5.

--- OLD ---
6. AODVv2 Operation of routing table entries

--- NEW ---
6. AODVv2 Operation
...
6.1 routing table entries operation.

Any operation description in section 5 to be transferred to section 6. The
following sections to 6 if it is operation then it should be under this
section 6 as a subsection. For example section 7 must be 6.2.

Best Regards

AB