Subject: Re: [manet] #29 (aodvv2): Choice of IP address

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 13:22:27 +0200

On Thursday, April 3, 2014, manet issue tracker wrote:

> #29: Choice of IP address
>
>  (Thomas Clausen) In a great many places, it is stated "IP address of the
>  (node, Adjacent Node, Adjacent Router) sending the message".  If a router
>  has multiple interfaces, and/or if these interfaces have multiple
>  addresses, which of these (any? one matching the interface over which the
>  message is sent?) should be used or assumed here? The relationship
>  node/interface/address is, at best, unclear.

The protocol has defined the routing relations in addresses for
messages. The relationship is clear in the route table entry see  its
structure in section 5. Multiple interface is suitable as each interface
has one routable address (this condition mentioned in draft).

> It seems to me that this
>  specification is written with the assumption that each router has
>  *exactly* one interface participating in the routing protocol, with
>  *exactly* one IP address - and that that router *never* use anything but
>  that IP Address for anything.

The protocol is for Multiple interfaces and each interface with only one
routable address. Why does it seem to you that, please point to the draft
where that was understood?

I think this ticket had not pointed in the draft-03 (submitted in Feb
2014) of the problem, Which makes this ticket issue difficult to
understand.

AB