Subject: [manet] Combining the two packet-lass gathering strategies of the DAT metric draft

From: Henning Rogge <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 08:49:16 +0200

Hi,

after working through Thomas Clausen's review and reading my own draft
again, I think it might be possible to combine both packet-lass
gathering strategies of the draft.

The "packet sequence number based" part already needs to process both
Hello Messages and timeouts, so its not that difficult to integrate
the processing with the "Hello timeout based" strategy.

I see two advantages of combining both strategies:

1.) get rid of the artificial split in chapter 9.3
2.) compatibility between nodes that can send/receive packet sequence
numbers and nodes that can not

Might be worth a respin for a -03 draft, what do you think?

Henning Rogge

---

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 11:59:19 +0200

I agree with this. Thanks,

AB

On Thursday, September 18, 2014, Henning Rogge wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> manet mailing list
> [email-masked] <javascript:;>
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet
>