Subject: [manet] AB#2 Review for draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-dat-metric (DAT metric for RFC7181)

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 14:06:52 +0200

Regarding the review of [1] to the draft-01 it was not reflected totally
regarding to section 10. The editors mention in [2] that it done the update
related to that review, but I see that the editing of section 10 is still
not clear to show the two modes as was clear from Thomas's edit/review.

In [1] it was more clear for the protocol processing modes as:
{{
10. Processing Directives
10.1 Processing Directives for “Mode A”
10.2 Additional Processing Directives for when using “Mode B”

I note that section 10 in the above would have a ton of subsections,
essentially capturing the current 9.3.1 to 11
}}

The metric has two modes, but not clearly presented in draft-02. Therefore,
I suggest amending the section title of 10 and its subsection as it is more
clear in [1] than in the draft-02.

[1]. http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/manet/current/msg16741.html
[2]. http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/manet/current/msg16808.html

AB

---

From: Henning Rogge <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 08:01:07 +0200

> clear in [1] than in the draft-02.

Its not really two modes for the whole metric,just a small part (the
gathering of the current link loss, which is then put into the queue
for further processing) has multiple alternatives.

That is the reason I did not follow this suggestion of the new format
(but most of the other suggestions) when creating draft -02.

But I will have another look at the review of Thomas Clausen.

Henning Rogge