Subject: [manet] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-manet-smf-sec-threats-01.txt

From: Jiazi YI <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 13:41:51 +0800

Dear all,

A new revision of the smf-sec-threats has been submitted.
Compared to the previous revision, some figures are added to explain the
attacks, and a new section "Future work" is added to discuss possibilities
to secure the protocol in the future, as the AD suggested for RFC7186.

Your comments are appreciated.

regards

Jiazi

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 1:28 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-ietf-manet-smf-sec-threats-01.txt
To: Ulrich Herberg <[email-masked]>, "Thomas H. Clausen" <
[email-masked]>, Jiazi Yi <[email-masked]>, Thomas Heide Clausen
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-manet-smf-sec-threats-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Jiazi Yi and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-ietf-manet-smf-sec-threats
Revision:       01
Title:          Security Threats for Simplified Multicast Forwarding (SMF)
Document date:  2014-09-14
Group:          manet
Pages:          14
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-smf-sec-threats-01.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-smf-sec-threats/
Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-manet-smf-sec-threats-01
Diff:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-manet-smf-sec-threats-01

Abstract:
   This document analyzes security threats of the Simplified Multicast
   Forwarding (SMF), including the vulnerabilities of duplicate packet
   detection and relay set selection mechanisms.  This document is not
   intended to propose solutions to the threats described.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat