Subject: [manet] Last Call: <draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-management-snapshot-03.txt> (Snapshot of OLSRv2-Routed MANET Management) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 10:34:08 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks WG
(manet) to consider the following document:
- 'Snapshot of OLSRv2-Routed MANET Management'
  <draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-management-snapshot-03.txt> as Informational
RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-06-12. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes how Mobile Ad Hoc Networks (MANETs) are
   typically managed, in terms of pre-deployment management, as well as
   rationale and means of monitoring and management of MANET routers
   running the Optimized Link State Routing protocol version 2 (OLSRv2)
   and its constituent MANET Neighborhood Discovery Protocol (NHDP).
   Apart from pre-deployment management for setting up IP addresses and
   security related credentials, OLSRv2 only needs routers to agree one
   single configuration parameter (called "C").  Other parameters for
   tweaking network performance may be determined during operation of
   the network, and need not be the same in all routers.  This, using
   MIB modules and related management protocols such as SNMP (or
   possibly other, less "chatty", protocols).  In addition, for
   debugging purposes, monitoring data and performance related counters,
   as well as notifications ("traps") can be sent to the Network
   Management System (NMS) via standardized management protocols.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-management-snapshot/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-management-snapshot/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.