Subject: [manet] Reactive path accumulation with RFC 5444

From: Jiazi YI <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 23:45:45 +0200

Dear all,

As promised in the interim, here is the link to our paper on the reactive
path accumulation using RFC 5444.

*Path Accumulation Extensions for the LOADng Routing Protocol in Sensor
Networks*

Internet of Vehicles – Technologies and Services
Lecture Notes in Computer Science Volume 8662, 2014, pp 150-159

http://www.thomasclausen.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Path-Accumulation-Extensions-for-the-LOADng-Routing-Protocol-in-Sensor-Networks.pdf

In the paper, we didn't introduce the exact RREQ/RREP format because of the
page limit.
Generally speaking, to record the order of accumulated path, the addresses
of intermediate routers are associated with a PATH_ORDER TLV.
It is implemented and tested. There are some more to do if we are using
multiple interfaces, but it's totally feasible.
We have started an Internet Draft on it, but haven't submitted yet.

cheers

Jiazi

---

From: Henning Rogge <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 06:53:41 +0200

Ahh,

so the "list of ordered addresses for source routing" is more
restricted to reactive protocols. Olsrd2 with source routing doesn't
need it (as an example).

Henning Rogge

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 11:45 PM, Jiazi YI <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Path Accumulation Extensions for the LOADng Routing Protocol in Sensor
> Networks
>
> _______________________________________________
> manet mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet
>

---

From: Jiazi YI <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 09:35:19 +0200

No. I think we are only talking about reactive protocol here. Because of
lack of global topology information, reactive protocol needs to accumulate
the path information in the RREQ/RREP message to enable source routing.
This concerns RFC5444.

For OLSRv2, which has (reduced) global information, we only need to use the
appropriate source routing header in data packets, which has nothing to do
with RFC5444 messages. It's what olsrv2-multipath do.

best

Jiazi