Subject: [manet] Barry Leiba's No Objection on draft-ietf-manet-tlv-naming-02: (with COMMENT)

From: "Barry Leiba" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 May 2015 15:54:14 -0700

Barry Leiba has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-manet-tlv-naming-02: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-tlv-naming/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Abstract isn't very abstract -- which is to say it's very long.  Can
you let the Introduction do the heavy lifting, and cut the Abstract back
to, say, the last two paragraphs with a little editing (to expand "TLV"
there and to replace "those registries" with something like "the MANET
TLV registries defined in RFC 5444")?

Other than that, I have no comment but that this is a fine thing to do,
and it doesn't surprise me that Adrian brought it up.