Subject: [manet] SMARTCOMP 2016 | PH.D. FORUM ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE: April 4, 2016

From: Marco Tiloca <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 10:05:25 +0200

[Apologies for possible multiple copies]

------------------------------------------------------------------------

             	  Call for Ph.D. Forum Abstracts

                             SMARTCOMP 2016
                  Second IEEE International Conference on
			          Smart Computing

                      http://www.smart-comp.org/

                            May 18-20, 2016
                        St. Louis, Missouri, USA

*******    PH.D. FORUM ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE: April 4, 2016
*******

                 Conference Proceedings in IEEE Xplore

	NSF student travel grants available for US based students

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 2nd IEEE International Conference on Smart Computing (SMARTCOMP
2016) draws upon many application disciplines such as transportation,
energy, environmental protection, resource management, healthcare,
security, banking, entertainment, and social media.

The Ph.D. Forum at SMARTCOMP 2016 provides an opportunity for Ph.D.
students to present their work in progress to the scientific community
and obtain individual feedback from leading researchers in the field.

The Forum will be structured as a poster presentation session by the
students, followed by collective discussions. The student presentations
will be interleaved with speeches by leading researchers, who will
provide their own perspectives on current and future research in the
field, as well as on how to best purse a Ph.D. in this context.

Current Ph.D. students in the early stages of their career are
encouraged to submit a 2-page abstract about their research to be
considered for the Ph.D. Forum. The student should be the sole author,
although contributions of the advisor and others should be acknowledged.

NSF student travel grants are available for US based students.
Instructions on how to apply for the travel grant are available on the
conference website:
http://www.smart-comp.org/nsf-student-travel-grant-applications.html

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
Ph.D. Forum abstracts may be no more than 2 pages in length, including
figures, tables, and references.

Submissions will be reviewed by the Ph.D. Forum committee to ensure
quality, relevance, and potential benefit from attendance to the Forum.
There will be no separate registration fee for the Forum. Participating
students will only need to register to the main SMARTCOMP conference.
Authors of accepted submissions are expected to participate in person to
the Forum.

Authors are requested to submit manuscripts in standard IEEE proceedings
format in PDF. All submissions must be typeset in double-column IEEE
format using 10pt fonts on US letter paper, with all fonts embedded.
Submitted abstracts must include the contact information of the authors.
Please make sure you use the latest version of the templates to prepare
your submissions.

The IEEE LaTeX and Microsoft Word templates for conferences can be found
at IEEE Manuscript Templates for Conference Proceedings at
http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html

Further information for authors may be found at the IEEE Computer
Society Information for Authors for Conference Publishing Services:
http://www.computer.org/web/cs-cps/authors

Submissions must be made via EasyChair:
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=smartcomp2016

When submitting, please select the appropriate Track for your paper
(i.e., SMARTCOMP 2016 - PhD Forum).

IMPORTANT DATES:
Abstract submissions:        	April 4, 2016
Notification of acceptance: 	April 12, 2016
Conference date:         	May 18-20, 2016

PHD FORUM COMMITTEE:
Hassan Ghasemzadeh ([email-masked]), Washington State University, USA
Sejun Song ([email-masked]), University of Missouri-Kansas City, USA