Subject: [manet] SMARTCOMP 2016 | Call for WiP/Demo Papers - Deadline: March 7, 2016

From: Marco Tiloca <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 11:35:05 +0100

[Apologies for possible multiple copies]

------------------------------------------------------------------------

               Call for WORK-IN-PROGRESS papers and DEMOs

                             SMARTCOMP 2016
                  Second IEEE International Conference on
               Smart Computing

                      http://www.smart-comp.org/

                            May 18-20, 2016
                        St. Louis, Missouri, USA

*******    WIP/DEMO PAPER SUBMISSION DEADLINE: March 7, 2016    *******

                 Conference Proceedings in IEEE Xplore

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 2nd IEEE International Conference on Smart Computing (SMARTCOMP
2016) draws upon many application disciplines such as transportation,
energy, environmental protection, resource management, healthcare,
security, banking, entertainment, and social media. In addition to
full-length technical papers, SMARTCOMP welcomes Work in Progress (WIP)
papers and technical demonstrations(DEMOs)showing innovative and
original research in the areas of smart computing. Submissions from both
industry and academia are strongly encouraged.

WIP papers are expected to report on early or ongoing research
activities, while DEMO papers are expected to present innovative
applications and tools.

The WIP and DEMO sessions will provide a forum to discuss novel ideas
and emerging results, presenting innovative applications and tools, and
bring about novel research questions, approaches, and directions.

TOPICS:
Submissions should be targeted to one of the following major areas:

- Smart Cyber-Physical Environments and
Energy/Water/Agriculture/Transportation/Healthcare/Banking Infrastructure
- Security, Privacy, and Economics in Smart Environments
- Smart Computing Technologies
- Future Smart Computing Paradigms
- Smart Human Environments, Health, Entertainment, and Social Activities
- Smart Energy Management and Analytics

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:

WIP and Demo papers may be no more than 3 pages in length, including
figures, tables, and references.

WIP papers are expected to present early or ongoing research activities.
Novel approaches and preliminary results are especially appreciated.

Demo papers should explicitly state what will be demonstrated to the
audience, and how the attendees will be able to interact, enjoy, and
experiment.

The submitted manuscripts will be reviewed by members of the SMARTCOMP
2016 Technical Program Committee. All the accepted papers will be
presented as posters and included in the conference proceedings. At
least one author of each accepted paper must register and attend the
conference to present the work. The accepted papers will be published in
the conference proceedings by IEEE, and will be included in the Digital
Library.

Authors are requested to submit original, unpublished manuscripts in
standard IEEE proceedings format in PDF. All submissions must be typeset
in double-column IEEE format using 10pt fonts on US letter paper, with
all fonts embedded. Submitted papers must include the contact
information of all the authors. Please make sure you use the latest
version of the templates to prepare your submissions. Due to the short
interval between the notification of acceptance and the camera-ready
deadline, we strongly encourage authors to follow the camera-ready
formatting guidelines as close as possible even for the initial abstract
submission.

The IEEE LaTeX and Microsoft Word templates for conferences can be found
at IEEE Manuscript Templates for Conference Proceedings at
http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html

Further information for authors may be found at the IEEE Computer
Society Information for Authors for Conference Publishing Services:
http://www.computer.org/web/cs-cps/authors

Submissions must be made via EasyChair:
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=smartcomp2016
When submitting, please select the appropriate Track for your paper
(i.e., WIP or Demo).

IMPORTANT DATES:

Paper submissions:              March 7, 2016
Notification of acceptance:     March 30, 2016
Camera-ready copy due:          April 15, 2016
Conference date:             May 18-20, 2016

WIP/DEMO CO-CHAIRS:
Hassan Ghasemzadeh ([email-masked]), Washington State University, USA
Sejun Song ([email-masked]), University of Missouri-Kansas City, USA