Subject: [manet] Call for Competitors - 2nd Dependability Competition at the Intl. Conf. on Embedded Wireless Systems and Networks (EWSN)

From: Omprakash Gnawali <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 07:52:12 -0600

Call for Competitors

              2nd Dependability Competition at the
  Intl. Conf. on Embedded Wireless Systems and Networks (EWSN)

              February 18-19, 2017  -  Uppsala, Sweden

       http://www.ewsn2017.org/dependability-competition.html

Following the success of last year's edition, the International 
Conference on Embedded Wireless Systems and Networks (EWSN 2017) 
will host also this year a dependability competition to compare 
the performance of WSN and IoT communication protocols in 
environments rich of radio interference.

Contestants must first submit an abstract describing their 
approach in detail by the contest registration deadline. 
The authors of the selected abstracts will then be invited to 
participate in a two-days dedicated competition session and asked 
to deploy their software on TelosB replicas deployed in an 
environment with controlled radio interference.

EVALUATION SCENARIO:
The competition rules and evaluation scenario will hence resemble 
the ones of last year's edition. A complete description can be 
found on: http://www.ewsn2017.org/dependability-competition.html
Please notice that, due to several requests, and in order to allow 
the contestants to prepare by testing their protocols on most public 
WSN testbeds, also this year the EWSN dependability competition will 
be carried out using TelosB-like nodes.

CATEGORIES AND PRIZE:
Depending on the nature and number of submissions, multiple
categories may be defined and cash awards will be given to the
winners in each category. Accepted abstract will appear in the
ACM digital library (upon approval of the authors) and the
top-classified contestants in each category will also be invited to
present their approach in a dedicated session at the conference.

ELIGIBILITY
Both academia and industry submissions are encouraged. All
communication protocols used in low-power wireless sensor networks
are welcome, and there is no restriction on the operating system
used to program the sensor nodes.

IMPORTANT DATES:
Contest Registration and Abstract Deadline: November 20, 2016.
Notification of acceptance: December 1, 2016.
Competition: February 18-19, 2017.

ORGANIZERS:
Carlo Alberto Boano, TU Graz
Markus Schuss, TU Graz