Subject: [manet] Document Action: 'Security Threats to the Optimized Link State Routing Protocol version 2 (OLSRv2)' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-sec-threats-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2017 11:52:55 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Security Threats to the Optimized Link State Routing Protocol version
   2 (OLSRv2)'
  (draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-sec-threats-04.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-sec-threats/

Technical Summary

   This document analyzes common security threats of the Optimized Link
   State Routing Protocol version 2 (OLSRv2) and describes their
   potential impacts on Mobile Ad Hoc Network (MANET) operations.  It
   then analyzes which of these security vulnerabilities can be
   mitigated when using the mandatory-to-implement security mechanisms
   for OLSRv2, and how the vulnerabilities are mitigated.

Working Group Summary

  There was not much discussion of this document on the WG list (typical 
   for this type of document), but support was received, and no dissent was 
   expressed.

Document Quality

   The document describes the key security issues for OLSRv2.  The information 
   is presented clearly and is easy to digest.

Personnel

   Justin Dean ([email-masked]) is the document shepherd for this document.  
   Alvaro Retana ([email-masked]) is the responsible AD.