Subject: [manet] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-manet-dlep-lid-extension-05: (with COMMENT)

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2019 14:02:41 -0700

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-manet-dlep-lid-extension-05: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-dlep-lid-extension/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the work put into this document.  I have two questions in the
COMMENT section that I would appreciate to be answered.

Regards,

-éric

== COMMENTS ==
-- Section 3.1 --
Is there any use of the "link identifier length data item" as in section 3.2
the link identifier has a field for its length?

-- Section 3.2 --
What is the expected behavior when the "link identifier data item" does not
match the length ?