Subject: [Maprg] [CFP: IEEE TNSE (Due: 1 Dec 2019)] Special Issue on Smart Systems and Intelligent Networking Powered with Big Data Analytics

From: "Leung, Ka-Cheong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 23:58:29 +0800 (HKT)

CALL FOR PAPERS
https://www.comsoc.org/publications/journals/ieee-tnse/cfp/smart-systems-and-intelligent-networking-powered-big-data

Smart systems including Internet of Things (IoT) are emerged to address
contemporary economic, societal, and environmental challenges, such as
business and production automation, urban sustainability, climate change,
healthcare, and globalization. They encompass different autonomous or
collaborative systems with functions of sensing, actuation, and control
for describing and analyzing a situation, and making decisions based on
the available data in a predictive or adaptive manner. Intelligent
networking enables these functions of smart systems by offering a global
infrastructure for networked physical devices and everyday objects,
which generate gigantic amount of data, or big data. In addition, big
data analytics is also employed in analyzing the big data so as to
enable the networking to be intelligent and allow smart systems to
perform astute, autonomous or collaborative actions. Nevertheless, the
efficient and effective big data management and knowledge discovery of
large-scale smart systems, big data analytics for intelligent networking,
and networking technologies for big data (e.g., collection, processing,
analysis and visualization) need more explorations.

The topics of interest for this special issue include, but are not
limited to:
- Algorithms, models, and architecture for big data analytics
- Knowledge acquisition and discovery from big data
- Machine learning and computational intelligence techniques for
  handling big data
- Resource management of big data in smart systems
- Big data security and privacy in smart systems
- Network architecture evolution with big data
- Adaptive protocol design and control based on big data analytics
- Big data assisted planning and design in smart systems
- Network automation with big data analytics
- Network management, measurement, and diagnostics using big data
  analytics
- Network service and quality management using big data analytics
- Big data with in-network computation
- Networking big data analysis
- Information-centric networking and software-defined network for
  big data
- Network function virtualization and network slicing for big data
- Edge, fog, and mobile edge computing for big data
- Blockchain with big data networking
- Distributed artificial intelligence with networking

Submission Guidelines:
Prospective authors are invited to submit their manuscripts
electronically, adhering to the IEEE Transactions on Network Science and
Engineering guidelines. Note that the page limit is the same as that of
regular papers. Please submit your papers through the online system
(https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/tnse-cs) and be sure to select the
special issue or special section name. Manuscripts should not be
published or currently submitted for publication elsewhere. Please
submit only full papers intended for review, not abstracts, to the
ScholarOne portal. If requested, abstracts should be sent by e-mail to
the Guest Editors directly.

Important Dates:
Manuscripts Due: 1 December 2019
Peer Reviews to Authors: 15 February 2020
Revised Manuscripts Due: 1 April 2020
Second-Round Reviews to Authors: 31 May 2020
Final Accepted Manuscript Due: 30 June 2020

Guest Editors:
Ruidong Li, (Lead Guest Editor) NICT, Japan
Ka-Cheong Leung, Harbin Institute of Technology, Shenzhen, China
Michele Nogueira, Federal University of Paraná, Brazil
Tarik Taleb, Aalto University, Finland
Jie Wu, Temple University, USA