Subject: [Maprg] PAM2022 CfP: paper registration deadline Oct. 20th (virtual conference)

From: "Giovane C. M. Moura" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 13:32:40 +0200

Call for Papers

         Passive and Active Measurement (PAM) Conference 2022
			https://pam2022.nl/

The Passive and Active Measurement (PAM) conference brings together
researchers and operators to discuss novel and emerging work in the area
of network measurement and analysis. PAM is inclusive of all areas of
network measurement, but focuses on systems-based research and
real-world data. Indeed, measurement technology is needed at all layers
of the network stack, ranging from power profiling of hardware
components to virtualization in data centers to application profiling
and even user experience. Work with operational impact or relevance to
the broader network research community is especially welcome, as are
early and promising measurement technique. Original contributions that
advance the state-of-the-art in the following areas are invited:

- Applications (e.g., web, streaming, games)
- Data centers and cloud computing
- Energy
- IoT (e.g., smart home, SCADA, ICS, embedded systems)
- Measurement tools and software
- Network security and privacy
- Overlays (e.g., P2P, CDNs)
- Physical Layer
- Routing
- Social networks
- Topology
- Transport/congestion control
- User behavior and experience, QoE
- Virtualization (e.g., SDN, NFV)
- Visualization
- Wireless and mobile

Although PAM traditionally attracts early stage contributions, works
that are a reappraisal or independent validation of previous results, or
which enhance the reproducibility of network measurement research, for
instance by publishing new datasets on an existing topic, are explicitly
included in PAM’s scope.

PAM 2022 will be held virtually.

*Important Dates*

- *Paper Registration* October 20th, 2021 (23:59 AoE)
- *Paper Submission* October 27th, 2021 (23:59 AoE)
- *Notification to Authors* December 21st, 2021
- *Camera-ready Due* February 1st, 2022
- *Virtual Conference* March 28-30, 2022

*Submission Guidelines*

Authors should only submit original work that has not been published
before and is not under submission to any other venue.

As in the past, PAM welcomes short submissions focusing on early-stage
contributions of work that is less mature but shows exciting promise,
articulates a high-level vision, and describes challenging future
directions for the community or validate, verify important results, or
present new ideas that challenge existing assumptions.

In addition, *starting this year PAM invites long submissions* that
describe original research, with succinctness appropriate to the topics
and themes they discuss.

We will consider paper submissions that extend previously published
short, or preliminary papers (including PAM short papers), following the
model of the ACM SIGCOMM policy.

All submissions must satisfy the following requirements:

- Follow Springer LNCS format (see
https://www.springer.com/us/computer-science/lncs/conference-proceedings-guidelines)

- Short papers: Up to 12 pages for technical content (up to 5 pages for
appendices and references)

- Long papers: Up to 24 pages for technical content (up to 5 pages for
appendices and references)

- Note that reviewers are not required to read appendices. Everything
needed to evaluate the paper should appear in the first 12 pages for
short and 24 pages for long papers.

- Anonymization: Reviewing will be double-blind
    - Do not include names or affiliations of authors in the submission.
    - Refer to your prior work in the third person.
    - Make a best effort to anonymize system names that would give you away.
    - If you have any concerns about how to anonymize your paper while
maintaining its integrity, contact the PC chairs.

- Submit via HotCRP:  https://www.hotcrp.b-tu.de/pam2022/

*Ethical Considerations*

Following the standard set by the Internet Measurement Conference (from
which we base this section), papers describing experiments with users or
sensitive user data (e.g., network traffic, passwords, social network
information) must follow basic precepts of ethical research and
subscribe to community norms. These include: respect for privacy, secure
storage of sensitive data, voluntary and informed consent if users are
placed at risk, avoiding deceptive practices when not essential,
beneficence (maximizing the benefits to an individual or to society
while minimizing harm to the individual), and risk mitigation. Authors
are required to include a subsection (in the main paper, not in the
Appendix) describing these issues. Authors may want to consult the Menlo
Report
(http://www.caida.org/publications/papers/2012/menlo_report_actual_formatted/)
for further information on ethical principles and the Allman/Paxson IMC
2007 paper (here) for guidance on ethical data sharing. Note that
submitting research for approval by each author’s institutional ethics
review body is necessary, but not sufficient – in cases where the PC has
concerns about the ethics of the work in a submission, the PC will
consider the ethical soundness and justification of any paper, just as
it does its technical soundness. Authors unsure about ethical issues are
welcome to contact the program committee co-chairs.

*Awards*

There will be two awards for papers of exceptional merit. The *Best
Paper Award* will recognize the paper that is deemed by the committee to
have the highest merit of all the submissions. The *Best Dataset Award*
will be given to the best paper that makes datasets and corresponding
code available to the public by the time the camera-ready is submitted.
These artifacts must be sufficiently documented such that any researcher
can use them to repeat the results described in the paper, and they must
be placed in a sufficiently long-lived archival repository (e.g.,
Github, Bitbucket, or CRAWDAD).

*Organizers*

- General Chair: Giovane C. M. Moura (SIDN Labs/TU Delft)

- Program Committee Chairs:
    Cristel Pelsser (University of Strasbourg)
    Oliver Hohlfeld (Brandenburg University of Technology)