Subject: Re: [Masque] [Webtransport] WGLC for draft-ietf-masque-h3-datagram

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2022 16:54:14 +0000

Hi,

I have reviewed draft-ietf-masque-h3-datagram using today's editors copy on
github. 

I have submitted an number of issues (168-175) and also was behind 167.

I think the most significant ones are the implications of 

https://github.com/ietf-wg-masque/draft-ietf-masque-h3-datagram/issues/167
https://github.com/ietf-wg-masque/draft-ietf-masque-h3-datagram/issues/168

As these are about relation to HTTP Intermediaries, Interoperability of
implementations and what HTTP extensions using HTTP Datagram needs to define
to become interoperable. 

Also 
https://github.com/ietf-wg-masque/draft-ietf-masque-h3-datagram/issues/169
will likely require some discussion as it is a question of what general
capabilities HTTP datagrams should have rather than the immediate usage in
Extended Connect for the MASQUE use cases. 

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

---

From: David Schinazi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2022 13:00:31 -0700

Thank you Magnus for the thorough review.

We've tagged some of these issues as editorial, and we'll send out PRs for
them shortly.
The non editorial issues are:
#167: SHOULD or MUST intermediaries forward unknown capsule types without
modification?
#168: Interoperability for all HTTP Datagrams or defined by HTTP Extension
#169: HTTP content handling capability with Capsule protocol

Let's discuss these individually on GitHub.
David

On Mon, Apr 4, 2022 at 9:54 AM Magnus Westerlund <magnus.westerlund=
[email-masked]> wrote:

> --
> Masque mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/masque
>

---

From: Tommy Pauly <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2022 12:42:13 -0700

Hello,

I’ve done a WGLC pass on this document, and opened a PR with some editorial suggestions that you can choose to take:

https://github.com/ietf-wg-masque/draft-ietf-masque-h3-datagram/pull/192 <https://github.com/ietf-wg-masque/draft-ietf-masque-h3-datagram/pull/192>

I think the document, with the other changes incorporated, is in a good state. The main substantive content I suggest in my PR is to explain how capsules are intended to be used for control-level message exchange, not just datagrams. 

Best,
Tommy

> On Mar 21, 2022, at 10:38 AM, Christopher Wood <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> (Cross-posting to MASQUE, HTTPBIS, and WebTransport)
> 
> This email initiates the WGLC for draft-ietf-masque-h3-datagram, located here:
> 
>   https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-masque-h3-datagram/
> 
> Please review the document and send any comments to the MASQUE mailing list. HTTPBIS and WebTransport are cc'd given the overlap in technology.
> 
> This call will conclude on April 8.
> 
> Best,
> Chris and Eric
> -- 
> Masque mailing list
> [email-masked]