Subject: [media-types] Media-type application/cbor-seq and structured syntax suffix +cbor-seq

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2019 18:19:21 +0200

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-cbor-sequence has just entered WGLC.
Please check the following allocation (Sections 6.1, 6.3). 
Note that there is some analogy to application/json-seq and +json-seq here.

Grüße, Carsten

6.1.  Media Type

   Media types are registered in the media types registry
   [IANA.media-types].  IANA is requested to register the MIME media
   type for CBOR Sequence, application/cbor-seq, as follows:

   Type name: application

   Subtype name: cbor-seq

   Required parameters: N/A

   Optional parameters: N/A

   Encoding considerations: binary

   Security considerations: See RFCthis, Section 5.

   Interoperability considerations: Described herein.

   Published specification: RFCthis.

   Applications that use this media type: Data serialization and
   deserialization.

   Fragment identifier considerations: N/A

   Additional information:

   o  Deprecated alias names for this type: N/A

   o  Magic number(s): N/A

   o  File extension(s): N/A

   o  Macintosh file type code(s): N/A

   Person & email address to contact for further information:
      [email-masked]

   Intended usage: COMMON

   Author: Carsten Bormann ([email-masked])

   Change controller: IETF

6.2.  CoAP Content-Format Registration

   IANA is requested to assign a CoAP Content-Format ID for the media
   type "application/cbor-seq", in the CoAP Content-Formats subregistry
   of the core-parameter registry [IANA.core-parameters], from the
   "Expert Review" (0-255) range.  The assigned ID is shown in Table 1.

          +----------------------+----------+-------+-----------+
          | Media type           | Encoding | ID    | Reference |
          +----------------------+----------+-------+-----------+
          | application/cbor-seq | -        | TBD63 | RFCthis   |
          +----------------------+----------+-------+-----------+

                      Table 1: CoAP Content-Format ID

   RFC editor: Please replace TBD63 by the number actually assigned and
   delete this paragraph.

6.3.  Structured Syntax Suffix

   Structured Syntax Suffixes are registered within the "Structured
   Syntax Suffix Registry" maintained at
   [IANA.media-type-structured-suffix].  IANA is requested to register
   the "+cbor-seq" structured syntax suffix in accordance with
   [RFC6838], as follows:

      Name: CBOR Sequence

      +suffix: +cbor-seq

      References: RFCthis

      Encoding considerations: binary

      Fragment identifier considerations: The syntax and semantics of
      fragment identifiers specified for +cbor-seq SHOULD be as
      specified for "application/cbor-seq".  (At publication of this
      document, there is no fragment identification syntax defined for
      "application/cbor-seq".)

         The syntax and semantics for fragment identifiers for a
         specific "xxx/yyy+cbor-seq" SHOULD be processed as follows:

            For cases defined in +cbor-seq, where the fragment
            identifier resolves per the +cbor-seq rules, then process as
            specified in +cbor-seq.

            For cases defined in +cbor-seq, where the fragment
            identifier does not resolve per the +cbor-seq rules, then
            process as specified in "xxx/yyy+cbor-seq".

            For cases not defined in +cbor-seq, then process as
            specified in "xxx/yyy+cbor-seq".

      Interoperability considerations: n/a

      Security considerations: See RFCthis, Section 5

      Contact: CBOR WG mailing list ([email-masked]), or any IESG-
      designated successor.

      Author/Change controller: IETF