Subject: RE: [mediactrl] How to get this work into a WG

From: "Chris Boulton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 10:34:57 +0100

Hi Cullen (donning AD cap),

We are still very much actively discussing this work and have met at
every IETF since Paris (I think) - including a Beer BOF and a Meal BOF
:-).

	A long time ago, we had talked about asking the SpeachSC chairs
if  
	that WG might take on this work. Is there still interest in
that?  
	
Very much so - we have been discussing this regularly and I think we had
hoped (Eric will confirm but I know he is snowed under at the moment) to
move towards IETF working group towards the end of this year/maybe early
next.

	PS - A short summary of the status of where we are, what we
have, and  
	where various parties might want to eventually get to might be
really  
	helpful for me.

We are at the point where we have a Control Framework which has been
discussed at length at previous meetings
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boulton-sip-control-framework
-02.txt) which aims to fulfill the detail outlined in the Requirements
document
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dolly-xcon-mediacntrlframe-01
.txt).  This is an agnostic approach that is not 'Media Server' specific
and aims to provide a core connection management system using SIP.

The authors of the Framework have also created a number of extensions to
the Control Framework that provides modules for achieving various levels
of Media Server Control.

- First extension provides simple IVR functionality
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boulton-ivr-control-package-0
1.txt).

- There is an extension to the SIMPLE IVR functionality for the purpose
of using VXML
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boulton-ivr-vxml-control-pack
age-00.txt).

- This extensions provides conferencing capabilities
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boulton-conference-control-pa
ckage-00.txt).

If you need anymore information then give me a shout.

Best Regards,

Chris.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Cullen
Jennings
Sent: 07 May 2006 16:11
To: MixerControl
Subject: [mediactrl] How to get this work into a WG

A long time ago, we had talked about asking the SpeachSC chairs if  
that WG might take on this work. Is there still interest in that?  
With my AD hat on, I have no idea what is the best way to do this yet  
but I am looking for input on what the next logical steps are with  
all the work that has been happing here.

Thanks, Cullen

PS - A short summary of the status of where we are, what we have, and  
where various parties might want to eventually get to might be really  
helpful for me.
--------------------------
Ubiquity Software does not control or endorse the content, messages or
information found in this mail list and it specifically disclaims any
liability with regard to these communications.
Ubiquity Software reserves the right the restrict access to any
communications in violation of the Terms and Conditions of Use for this
website or as otherwise deemed improper.

Information contained in this e-mail and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee only, and may contain confidential information of Ubiquity Software Corporation.  All unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the addressee, please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this email.  Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing signed by an officer of Ubiquity Software Corporation, nothing in this communication shall be deemed to be legally binding.  Thank you.

--------------------------
Ubiquity Software does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in this mail list and it specifically disclaims any liability with regard to these communications.
Ubiquity Software reserves the right the restrict access to any communications in violation of the Terms and Conditions of Use for this website or as otherwise deemed improper.

---

From: "Adnan Saleem" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 21:00:20 +0100

Cullen,I want to point out that we have rough consensus 
(imho) on the "control framework" ID (<A rel="nofollow" 
href="http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boulton-sip-control-framework-02.txt" 
target=_blank>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boulton-sip-control-framework-02.txt), 
from an architectural perspective and the direction this is going.
However, there is no consensus on the remaining IDs identified 
below.
Convedia in particular objects to the "extension" IDs listed 
below, covering IVR and conference control.
 
      - (<A rel="nofollow" 
href="http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boulton-ivr-control-package-0" 
target=_blank><A rel="nofollow" 
href="http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boulton-ivr-control-package-01.txt">http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boulton-ivr-control-package-0<FONT 
size=2>1.txt).
      - (<A rel="nofollow" 
href="http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boulton-ivr-vxml-control-pack" 
target=_blank><A rel="nofollow" 
href="http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boulton-ivr-vxml-control-package-00.txt">http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boulton-ivr-vxml-control-pack<FONT 
size=2>age-00.txt).
      - (<A rel="nofollow" 
href="http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boulton-conference-control-pa" 
target=_blank><A rel="nofollow" 
href="http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boulton-conference-control-package-00.txt">http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boulton-conference-control-pa<FONT 
size=2>ckage-00.txt).
 
The above new IDs essentially provide a 
subset and duplication of the what MSML, and MSCML to a good extent, have 
already provided for years.

Garland / Adnan
-----Original Message-----From: 
[email-masked][<A rel="nofollow" 
href="mailto:[email-masked]">mailto:[email-masked]]On 
Behalf Of ChrisBoultonSent: May 8, 2006 2:36 AMTo: Cullen Jennings; 
MixerControlCc: Burger, EricSubject: RE: [mediactrl] How to get this 
work into a WGHi Cullen (donning AD cap),We are still very 
much actively discussing this work and have met atevery IETF since Paris (I 
think) - including a Beer BOF and a Meal 
BOF:-).        A long time ago, 
we had talked about asking the SpeachSC 
chairsif         that WG might 
take on this work. Is there still interest 
inthat?        Very much so 
- we have been discussing this regularly and I think we hadhoped (Eric will 
confirm but I know he is snowed under at the moment) tomove towards IETF 
working group towards the end of this year/maybe 
earlynext.        PS - A short 
summary of the status of where we are, what wehave, 
and         where various parties 
might want to eventually get to might 
bereally         helpful for 
me.We are at the point where we have a Control Framework which has 
beendiscussed at length at previous meetings(<A rel="nofollow" 
href="http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boulton-sip-control-framework" 
target=_blank>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boulton-sip-control-framework-02.txt) 
which aims to fulfill the detail outlined in the Requirementsdocument(<A rel="nofollow" 
href="http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dolly-xcon-mediacntrlframe-01" 
target=_blank>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dolly-xcon-mediacntrlframe-01.txt).  
This is an agnostic approach that is not 'Media Server' specificand aims to 
provide a core connection management system using SIP.The authors of the 
Framework have also created a number of extensions tothe Control Framework 
that provides modules for achieving various levelsof Media Server 
Control.- First extension provides simple IVR functionality(<A rel="nofollow" 
href="http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boulton-ivr-control-package-0" 
target=_blank>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boulton-ivr-control-package-01.txt).- 
There is an extension to the SIMPLE IVR functionality for the purposeof 
using VXML(<A rel="nofollow" 
href="http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boulton-ivr-vxml-control-pack" 
target=_blank>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boulton-ivr-vxml-control-package-00.txt).- 
This extensions provides conferencing capabilities(<A rel="nofollow" 
href="http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boulton-conference-control-pa" 
target=_blank>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boulton-conference-control-package-00.txt).If 
you need anymore information then give me a shout.Best 
Regards,Chris.-----Original Message-----From: 
[email-masked][<A rel="nofollow" 
href="mailto:[email-masked]">mailto:[email-masked]] 
On Behalf Of CullenJenningsSent: 07 May 2006 16:11To: 
MixerControlSubject: [mediactrl] How to get this work into a WGA 
long time ago, we had talked about asking the SpeachSC chairs if that 
WG might take on this work. Is there still interest in that? With my AD 
hat on, I have no idea what is the best way to do this yet but I am 
looking for input on what the next logical steps are with all the work 
that has been happing here.Thanks, CullenPS - A short summary of 
the status of where we are, what we have, and where various parties 
might want to eventually get to might be really helpful for 
me.--------------------------Ubiquity Software does not control or 
endorse the content, messages orinformation found in this mail list and it 
specifically disclaims anyliability with regard to these 
communications.Ubiquity Software reserves the right the restrict access to 
anycommunications in violation of the Terms and Conditions of Use for 
thiswebsite or as otherwise deemed improper.Information 
contained in this e-mail and any attachments are intended for the use of the 
addressee only, and may contain confidential information of Ubiquity Software 
Corporation.  All unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is strictly 
prohibited.  If you are not the addressee, please notify the sender 
immediately and destroy all copies of this email.  Unless otherwise 
expressly agreed in writing signed by an officer of Ubiquity Software 
Corporation, nothing in this communication shall be deemed to be legally 
binding.  Thank you.--------------------------Ubiquity 
Software does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found 
in this mail list and it specifically disclaims any liability with regard to 
these communications.Ubiquity Software reserves the right the restrict 
access to any communications in violation of the Terms and Conditions of Use for 
this website or as otherwise deemed improper.

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 07:22:41 +0100

Thanks for update and glad to hear things are moving along - I had a  
quick skim of all the documents and it gives me an idea where things.  
When the group here decides they are ready to talk about adding this  
to speeachsc, the chairs can give me a ping.

Thanks, Cullen

On May 8, 2006, at 11:36 AM, Chris Boulton wrote:

	
Very much so - we have been discussing this regularly and I think  
we had
hoped (Eric will confirm but I know he is snowed under at the  
moment) to
move towards IETF working group towards the end of this year/maybe  
early

next.

We are at the point where we have a Control Framework which has been
discussed at length at previous meetings
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boulton-sip-control- 
framework

-02.txt) which aims to fulfill the detail outlined in the Requirements
document
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dolly-xcon- 
mediacntrlframe-01
.txt).  This is an agnostic approach that is not 'Media Server'  
specific

The authors of the Framework have also created a number of  
extensions to
the Control Framework that provides modules for achieving various  
levels

of Media Server Control.

- First extension provides simple IVR functionality
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boulton-ivr-control- 
package-0

1.txt).

- There is an extension to the SIMPLE IVR functionality for the  
purpose

of using VXML
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boulton-ivr-vxml-control- 
pack

age-00.txt).

- This extensions provides conferencing capabilities
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boulton-conference- 
control-pa

ckage-00.txt).

Best Regards,

Chris.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of  
Cullen

Jennings
Sent: 07 May 2006 16:11
To: MixerControl

Thanks, Cullen

communications in violation of the Terms and Conditions of Use for  
this

Information contained in this e-mail and any attachments are  
intended for the use of the addressee only, and may contain  
confidential information of Ubiquity Software Corporation.  All  
unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is strictly  
prohibited.  If you are not the addressee, please notify the sender  
immediately and destroy all copies of this email.  Unless otherwise  
expressly agreed in writing signed by an officer of Ubiquity  
Software Corporation, nothing in this communication shall be deemed  
to be legally binding.  Thank you.