Subject: RE: [MEDIACTRL] BFCP and MediaCtrl

From: "Chris Boulton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 18:40:01 -0000

Ok - as we have already discussed the BFCP server is a logical role that I personally think could be positioned both in conjunction with the MS and coupled with the conference focus (e.g. XCON).  I don't think we should prohibit either and we can certainly enable by adding additional floor capability to the conference package.  That way when the BFCP server is coupled with the media server it can signal floor information using the control channel.

Chris.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lorenzo Miniero [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 13 November 2006 16:21
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [MEDIACTRL] BFCP and MediaCtrl

Hi Roni,

> Lorenzo,
> The current media in the scope for media control are audio and video
> Roni
>   

Yes, I supposed so: this means the problem with floors associated to 
resources different from audio and video could actually cause the 
problem I was thinking about. Of course this would not be a problem from 
the MediaCtrl point of view, since, as you rightly said and I agree, it 
would be much easier, and performing as well, to have the MS and FCS 
functionality in the same box. But, as Eric pointed out in the BoF, 
MediaCtrl work should coordinate on some relevant points with XCON, 
since the two WG are strongly related. And, since in an XCON conference 
audio and video could not be the only resources that would be used and 
possibly managed through floors (even if they will probably be the MOST 
used), it's the XCONer in me that partly complains with the integrated 
MS+FCS approach :)

But I don't want to become annoying on this point either, and there are 
a lot of other matters to take care about in the WG too...

Cheers,
Lorenzo

-- 
Lorenzo Miniero, Junior Researcher
Dipartimento di Informatica e Sistemistica
Università degli Studi di Napoli "Federico II"
Via Claudio 21 -- 80125 Napoli (Italy)
Phone: +390817683821 - Fax: +390817683816
Email: [email-masked]

-- 
Il messaggio e' stato analizzato alla ricerca di virus o
contenuti pericolosi da MailScanner, ed e'
risultato non infetto.

_______________________________________________
MEDIACTRL mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mediactrl

Information contained in this e-mail and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee only, and may contain confidential information of Ubiquity Software Corporation.  All unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the addressee, please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this email.  Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing signed by an officer of Ubiquity Software Corporation, nothing in this communication shall be deemed to be legally binding.  Thank you.

_______________________________________________
MEDIACTRL mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mediactrl

---

From: "Even, Roni" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 21:14:45 +0200

Chris,
I support your view
Roni

________________________________

מאת: Chris Boulton [mailto:[email-masked]]
נשלח: ב 13/11/2006 20:40
אל: Lorenzo Miniero; [email-masked]
נושא: RE: [MEDIACTRL] BFCP and MediaCtrl

Chris.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lorenzo Miniero [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: 13 November 2006 16:21
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [MEDIACTRL] BFCP and MediaCtrl

Hi Roni,

Cheers,
Lorenzo

Universit? degli Studi di Napoli "Federico II"

************************************************************************************
This footnote confirms that this email message has been scanned by
PineApp Mail-SeCure for the presence of malicious code, vandals & computer viruses.
************************************************************************************

---

From: Lorenzo Miniero <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 10:48:19 +0100

Hi Chris,

> Ok - as we have already discussed the BFCP server is a logical role that I personally think could be positioned both in conjunction with the MS and coupled with the conference focus (e.g. XCON).  I…

I agree with you on this view, but I still see some problems on 
eterogeneous resources. I'd prefer a BFCP server coupled with the AS, 
which notifies the MS about floor status changes related to resources it 
manages (maybe just through BFCP or a lightweight version of it, if we 
do not want a new protocol), rather than floor information signaled from 
the MS to the AS through the control package. Of course there would be 
other events signaled in that direction, I'm only talking about BFCP.

Cheers,
Lorenzo