Subject: RE: [MEDIACTRL] Updated Charter

From: "Rafferty, James" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 13:26:00 -0500

Eric and all, 

A few suggested tweaks to the wording of the charter:    

"
"The work group will examine protocol extensions between media servers
and their clients. However, modifying existing standard protocols, such
as VoiceXML or SIP towards clients or MRCPv2 towards servers, is not in
the work group's charter."

	>> Suggest wording of last clause as: "is outside the scope of
the work group's charter."

"The only model of user interface processing the work group will
consider is where the media server performs all of the media processing.
A caveat here is the media server, in interpreting a VoiceXML page, may
make MRCPv2 requests to a MRCPv2 server for speech services." 

	>> Replace "A caveat" by "An exception"   

"Any protocol developed by this group will meet the requirements for
Internet deployment." 

	>> Replace "will meet the requirements for Internet deployment."
by "should be suitable for deployment on the Internet and meet the
associated requirements."   

"There is broad market acceptance of the stimulus/markup application
design model for the application server - media server protocol
interface. Thus this work group will focus on the use of SIP and XML for
the protocol suite."

	>> For clarity, change the last sentence to read:   "Thus this
work group will focus on the use of SIP for session control and XML for
the media control protocol suite."   

"The work product of this group includes the following:"

	>> Replace by "The objectives of this working group are to
address:"  

James 

_______________________________________________
MEDIACTRL mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mediactrl