Subject: [MEDIACTRL] IESG Update

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 10:58:26 -0800

There are a few changes the IESG would like to see addressed in the  
charter - particularly around relation to 3GPP and some stuff with H. 
248. I need to get a better handle on this and then I will send the  
charter out for IESG wide review with the proposed changes. I hope to  
have this done by the end of next week.

Thanks, Cullen

_______________________________________________
MEDIACTRL mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mediactrl

---

From: Peili Xu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 16:08:59 +0800

Hi Cullen,

As my understanding, in 3GPP IMS architecture, the Mr interface between AS
and MRF, is technically related to the work 
in this WG. But how much and how to be adorpted has not been discussed yet.

Anyway, the relationship between 3GPP and MediaCtrl looks like the one
between IMS and SIP/SIPPING,
The out come may be used in 3GPP and may need to solve requirements from
3GPP if needed.

For H.248 stuff, I think they are in different layer of the protocol
architecture and may coexist in the network.
They may be used in an independant way or in a cooperate way to support a
same media control function.

For a specific media control requirement, the coordination and interworking
between media control protocol and H.248 will be needed.
I understand that there will not have any H.248 work done here, so can we
say that the protocol defined here in MediaCtrl will not prefent from
interworking or cooperation between H.248.

Thanks.
Peili

-----Original Message-----
From: Cullen Jennings [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2007 2:58 AM
To: Media Ctrl
Subject: [MEDIACTRL] IESG Update

There are a few changes the IESG would like to see addressed in the charter
- particularly around relation to 3GPP and some stuff with H. 
248. I need to get a better handle on this and then I will send the charter
out for IESG wide review with the proposed changes. I hope to have this done
by the end of next week.

Thanks, Cullen