Subject: [MEDIACTRL] Question on draft-boulton-sip-control-framework-05

From: "Dominique Pichon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 19:40:57 +0200

Hello,

As a PhD student studying the adaptation of services, i am particularly
interested by the draft draft-boulton-sip-control-framework-05, and more
generally by the MediaCtrl working group.

Is it possible for a control server to issue Control messages to a control
client to ask for information needed? that is to say, does the entity that
sent the SIP Invite, ie acting as the control client, can later act as a
control server to answer requests?

I also have some questions on the text:

Page 7: is it normal that both SIP Invite and the 200 answer share the same
o line in SDP?

Page 8: Why the User Agent has no Sip Stack illustrated while the control
client and the control server do have?

Thanks,

Dominique PICHON
3 Rue de La chataigneraie                   35576 CESSON SEVIGNE Cedex
Tel: +33(0)614300382
[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
MEDIACTRL mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mediactrl
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/mediactrl

---

From: "Khan, Sohel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 13:56:25 -0400

Dominique,

 Please see whether SUBCRIBE/NOTIFY will work.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Sohel Khan, Ph.D.

Comcast Cable Communications
1500 Market St, Philadelphia, PA.
Ph: (215) 286-4853 (o)
      (215)-828-6896 (m), (913-)486-3145 (m)

________________________________

From: Dominique Pichon [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2007 1:41 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [MEDIACTRL] Question on draft-boulton-sip-control-framework-05

Hello,

Is it possible for a control server to issue Control messages to a
control client to ask for information needed? that is to say, does the
entity that sent the SIP Invite, ie acting as the control client, can
later act as a control server to answer requests? 

Page 7: is it normal that both SIP Invite and the 200 answer share the
same o line in SDP?

Page 8: Why the User Agent has no Sip Stack illustrated while the
control client and the control server do have? 

Thanks,

Dominique PICHON

---

From: "Tim Melanchuk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 14:26:31 -0600

inline...

> control server to answer requests?

the framework itself does not put restrictions on which messages clients and
servers
can send. rather it is expected that a control package may define
constraints specific
to an application use case. see section 10 and especially section 10.2 of
the draft.
and please let us know if you think this needs further clarification
elsewhere in the draft.

> Page 7: is it normal that both SIP Invite and the 200 answer share the

no. this is a cut and paste error of the example.

> client and the control server do have?

the UA does have a SIP stack. it wasn't shown simply because of the space
constraints
for the ascii art diagram.

cheers,
timm