Subject: [MEDIACTRL] DRAFT Minutes

From: Eric Burger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 14:26:26 +0900

See
<http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07jul/minutes/mediactrl.txt>, copied here
for convenience.

MediaCtrl Requirements - Presented by Roni Even

- Result of the merging of two documents -
draft-dolly-xcon-mediacntrlframe-03.txt
and draft-even-media-server-req-02.txt.

- CONSENSUS -From mailing list that REQ-MCP-31/32 is definitely in scope.

- CONSENSUS - This document will be adopted as a work group item.

MediaCtrl Framework Document - Lorenzo Miniero

- Chair thanks to MediaCtrl Framework design team members for their effort.

- This document will not discuss reliability at the media control level.

- Tom Taylor - Is Qos in scope?  Where is QOS handled?

- Christer Holmberg/Chris Boulton - Need to define what QOS means in this
context before 
making decisions. 

- CONSENSUS - That QOS should NOT be included in this document.

- Christer Holmberg - Document definitely needs more refinement - inclusion
+ deletion 
of certain concepts.

- Mary Barnes - Is this informational OR standards track document?

- Jon Peterson (AD) If document contains specific implementation detail -
should be standards
track.

- CONSENSUS - Consensus that it should be informational from the room.

- CONSENSUS - Should this be a work group item - Strong consensus - YES.

Media Resource Broker - Chris Boulton
(notes by Mary Barnes since notetaker was presenting)

- Clarification that this is not resource management.

- Discussion of appropriate models, with no clear consensus on which are
most appropriate. Different views on where the MRB resides

- CONSENSUS - Document is not ready to be a WG document (even editor
agrees). 

Draft-burke-xml

- CONSENSUS - Adopt as a Work Group item - of those who have read the
document - Should 
be adopted as WG.

NEXT STEPS

- Chairs - SIP Control Framework (draft-sip-control-framework) - ACTION -
Take to 
the list - will it be adopted as a work item?

- Chris + Chairs - Probably will require other WG interaction/expert review
(SIP + MMUSIC).

- Mary - Might be good use for RAI review team.

Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete it.

_______________________________________________
MEDIACTRL mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mediactrl
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/mediactrl

---

From: Spencer Dawkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 13:13:28 -0500

Just to let everyone know - I've posted an expanded version of the IETF 69 
minutes at http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07jul/minutes/mediactrl.html. 
Corrections and comments are, of course, welcomed.

Thanks especially to Mary and Chris, our note-takers.

And now ... on to IETF 70.

Spencer, as co-chair