Subject: [MEDIACTRL] TBDs in draft-ietf-mediactrl-sip-control-framework-00

From: Spencer Dawkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 15:35:14 -0500

While reviewing draft-ietf-mediactrl-sip-control-framework-00, I noticed
some Editor's Notes that asked for working group guidance. These Notes are
as follows:

4.  Locating External Server Resources

   [Editors Note: Section will describe mechanisms for locating an
   external Server.]

7.1.  Constructing Requests

   [Editors Note: Need to pick a time for "Transaction-Time" - Work
   Group input requested.]

7.1.2.1.  Reporting the Status of Extended Transactions

   [Editors Note: Need to pick a time for "Upper-Limit" - Work Group
   input requested.]

7.1.3.1.  Timeout Negotiation

   o  [Editors Note: holdconn needs more thought.]

7.2.  Constructing Responses

   [Editors Note: Work Group to pick response time].

9.5.1.  Events

   [Editors Note: Ongoing discussions relating to a generic
   subscription/event mechanism across all packages.]

10.  Network Address Translation (NAT)

   [Editors Note: This section will look at geographically distributed
   systems where NAT traversal might be an issue.  It will look at both
   the SIP media dialog traversal and the control channel traversal.
   Should this be in a separate doc?]

We were shooting for WGLC of this document in September. I don't think it's
appropriate to WGLC a document with missing sections, so we're not going to
finish WGLC in September.

I'd like very much to START WGLC for this document in September, and we need
to move fairly quickly in order to make that happen, so we need to nail
these items down quickly.

I'm guessing that the working group should be looking at

7.1.  Constructing Requests

7.1.2.1.  Reporting the Status of Extended Transactions

7.1.3.1.  Timeout Negotiation

7.2.  Constructing Responses

and that the author team should be working on text for

4.  Locating External Server Resources

9.5.1.  Events

10.  Network Address Translation (NAT)

Does this interpretation seem correct to the working group?

Does the author team need any additional participation to provide text for
these last three Editor's Notes?

Thanks,

Spencer, as co-chair 

_______________________________________________
MEDIACTRL mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mediactrl
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/mediactrl

---

From: "Chris Boulton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 14:45:44 +0100

Spencer, Eric,

Sorry if I am getting confused but surely the charter item that is to be
submitted for WGLC is not this document (the SIP Control Framework).  I
assume it is referring to Tim's document now titled - as per Eric's mail
on the list: 

'To reduce confusion, the Architectural Framework will be called:
draft-ietf-mediactrl-architecture'.

The MediaCtrl SIP Control framework (as you point out) has only just
become a WG item and is in no way near for such an action.  It needs a
lot more work + peer review (hence the editors notes in certain areas).

Chris.

-----Original Message-----
From: Spencer Dawkins [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 21 September 2007 21:35
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [MEDIACTRL] TBDs in
draft-ietf-mediactrl-sip-control-framework-00

While reviewing draft-ietf-mediactrl-sip-control-framework-00, I noticed
some Editor's Notes that asked for working group guidance. These Notes
are
as follows:

9.5.1.  Events

We were shooting for WGLC of this document in September. I don't think
it's
appropriate to WGLC a document with missing sections, so we're not going
to
finish WGLC in September.

I'd like very much to START WGLC for this document in September, and we
need
to move fairly quickly in order to make that happen, so we need to nail
these items down quickly.

9.5.1.  Events

Does the author team need any additional participation to provide text
for
these last three Editor's Notes?

Thanks,

Spencer, as co-chair 

Information contained in this e-mail and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee only, and may contain confidential information of Ubiquity Software Corporation. All unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the addressee, please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this email. Ubiquity Software Corporation plc, a company registered under the laws of England and Wales, Registration 2719723, registered offices at Eastern Business Park, Building 3, Wern Fawr Lane, St. Mellons, Cardiff CF3 5EA, Wales, United Kingdom.

---

From: Spencer Dawkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 17:12:43 -0500

Hi, Chris,

No, you're not the one who's confused (that would be Spencer and Eric).

I just sent a note to Tim to verify that he's ready for WGLC on 
draft-melanchuk-mediactrl-framework.

If he is, we'll WGLC under that name, but if he needs to submit a revised 
version before WGLC, we'll WGLC under draft-ietf-mediactrl-architecture.

And my apologies for the confusion...

Spencer, as slightly addled co-chair...

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Chris Boulton" <[email-masked]>
To: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2007 8:45 AM
Subject: RE: [MEDIACTRL] TBDs in 

Spencer, Eric,

Chris.

-----Original Message-----
From: Spencer Dawkins [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: 21 September 2007 21:35
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [MEDIACTRL] TBDs in

9.5.1.  Events

9.5.1.  Events

Thanks,

Spencer, as co-chair

Information contained in this e-mail and any attachments are intended for 
the use of the addressee only, and may contain confidential information of 
Ubiquity Software Corporation. All unauthorized use, disclosure or 
distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the addressee, please 
notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this email. Ubiquity 
Software Corporation plc, a company registered under the laws of England and 
Wales, Registration 2719723, registered offices at Eastern Business Park, 
Building 3, Wern Fawr Lane, St. Mellons, Cardiff CF3 5EA, Wales, United 
Kingdom.