Subject: [MEDIACTRL] Sense-of-room calls from Chicago

From: Spencer Dawkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 15:54:47 -0500

During the Chicago MEDIACTRL meeting, Eric and I polled the sense of the
room several times. This being the IETF, we don't make decisions at 
face-to-face meetings without list discussion, so we need to make sure the 
working group agress.

Please let us know (preferably on-list) if you see any of these calls that 
do not seem correct to you. Don't be shy.

Thanks,

Spencer (as co-chair)

>From the minutes:

MediaCtrl Requirements -

- CONSENSUS IN ROOM - Capturing speech to replay later, etc. is in scope for
these requirements.

- CONSENSUS IN ROOM - This document will be adopted as a work group item,
and the next version will be submitted as draft-ietf-mediactrl-*.

MediaCtrl Framework Document -

- CONSENSUS IN ROOM - That QoS should NOT be included in this document.

- CONSENSUS IN ROOM -  that document should be informational.

- CONSENSUS IN ROOM - Should this be a work group item - Strong consensus - 
YES.

Media Resource Broker -

- CONSENSUS IN ROOM - Document is not ready to be a WG document (even editor
agrees).

Draft-burke-xml -

- CONSENSUS IN ROOM - Adopt as a Work Group item - of those who have read
the document - Should be adopted as WG item, but only five people in the 
room
had read the document, by show of hands.

SIP Control Framework (draft-sip-control-framework)

- ACTION - Take to the list - will it be adopted as a work item? 

_______________________________________________
MEDIACTRL mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mediactrl
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/mediactrl

---

From: "Peili Xu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 22:31:43 +0800

2007/9/12, Spencer Dawkins <[email-masked]>:
> .........

By reading the title of the draft
"draft-ietf-mediactrl-sip-control-framework-00.txt"
I though the draft was already WG accepted, now it seems not so ?

---

From: Spencer Dawkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 10:30:17 -0500

Hi, Peili,

> I though the draft was already WG accepted, now it seems not so ?

Keith asked the same question privately, so here's what I told Keith...

> I was thinking that WG chairs can start WGLC at any time, so I sent the
> notice starting WGLC yesterday. It's hard to imagine this being appealed, 
> of
> course :-)
>
> Either "capturing speech should not be in scope" or "this document should
> never have been adopted as a work group item" would be reasonable WGLC
> comments, and if someone sends these in, we'd work through those comments
> like any other.

So, my apologies for confusing Keith, Peili, and anyone else that Eric and I 
confused.

If you have opinions on either "capturing speech" or "document as a WG 
item", this would be a great time to include them in your WGLC comments.

Thank you for asking!

Spencer