Subject: [MEDIACTRL] Updated IVR and conferencing packages

From: "McGlashan, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 10:20:20 +0000

The IVR [1], VoiceXML [2] and Conferencing [3] package drafts have been updated in the ID archive. See below for the changes. The main changes are in the IVR package which has been updated according to the proposed changes (2007-12-10), and mailing list comments. Each of the remaining Editors Notes in this package have an id and I'll raise the key ones on the list this week.

[1] IVR Control Package:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boulton-ivr-control-package-06.txt

   The following are the major changes between the -06 of the draft and
   the -05 version.

   o  Event notifications are sent in CONTROL messages with the MS
      acting as Control Framework Client.  Compared with the previous
      approach, this means that a <dialogstart> transaction is now
      complete when the MS sends a <response>.  A new transaction is
      initiated by the MS each time the MS sends a notification <event>
      to the AS.

   o  Changed conf-id to conferenceid and connection-id to connectionid.

   o  Clarification of the state model for dialogs

   o  <dialogprepare>: modified definition of src attribute to allow
      reference to external dialog documents; added (MIME) type
      attribute; removed <data> child element.

   o  <dialogstart>: modified definition of src attribute to allow
      reference to external dialog documents; added (MIME) type
      attribute; removed <data> child element;

   o  <dialogterminate>: modified so that a dialogexit event is always
      sent for active dialogs (i.e. the dialogexit event is a
      terminating notification)

   o  <event> notification simplified and make more extensible.  Manual
      notifications (via <subscribe> element) are removed from the basic
      package.  A <dialogexit> event is defined as <event> child and it
      can be extended with additional child elements

   o  <data> element is removed.

   o  <subscribe> element removed.

   o  Replaced dialog templates with a general <basicivr> element.  It
      has child elements for playing media resource (<prompt>),
      collecting DTMF (<collect>) and recording (<record>).  The
      functionality is largely unchanged.

   o  <dialogprepare> and <dialogstart> are extended with <basicivr>
      child element.

[2] VoiceXML Control Package:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boulton-ivr-vxml-control-package-04.txt

 The following are the primary changes between the -04 of the draft
   and the -03 version.

   o  Aligned with the -06 version of the basic ivr control package.

   o  Simplified the structure so that only differences with the basic
      ivr control package are specified.

   o  Specified how VoiceXML data is returned in a <dialogexit>

   o  replaced <data> with <params>

   o  updated references

[3] Conference Control Package:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boulton-conference-control-package-04.txt

   The following are the major changes between the -04 of the draft and
   the -03 version.

   o  Updated reference for Media Control Channel Framework
`
_______________________________________________
MEDIACTRL mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mediactrl
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/mediactrl