Subject: [MEDIACTRL] Shepherd Write-up for VXML

From: "Eric Burger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 11:31:24 -0800

DOCUMENT:
SIP Interface to VoiceXML Media Services
draft-ietf-mediactrl-vxml-01

(1.a) Document Shepherd: Eric Burger, [email-masked], personally
reviewed this document.  This document is ready for publication.

(1.b) Work group review: The mediactrl work group provided extensive
review of this document. In addition, this document received expert
review from the SIP Work Group by Paul Kyzviat. This version of the
document addresses all issues he raised.

(1.c) Further review required: This document does not need further
specialized review.

(1.d.i) Document Shepherd Comfort Level: High
(1.d.ii) Document Useful and Needed: Yes
(1.d.iii) IPR Disclosures: None known

(1.e) WG Consensus: There are no open issues or internal discussion
remaining. There were issues raised on the list with a controversial use
of REFER. The consensus was to remove that section.  This version has
that section removed.

(1.f) There are no members with objections or concerns. There are no
threats of appeal or process issues. 

(1.g) ID-nits: Checked and verified with idnits 2.08.04.  A minor error
the RFC Editor can fix is a mistyped reference in the ABNF of section
2.1 on page 10 refers to "[RFC 3261]".  It should refer to "[RFC3261]".
Also, the IANA Considerations section (section 10) refers to RFC 3969,
but does not have a reference marker to it.  However, we do list RFC
3969 in the Normative References section.

(1.h) References: All normative references are current standards-track
RFCs or full W3C recommendations. The reference to MRCPv2 is slightly
out of date.  The RFC Editor can fix this.

(1.i) IANA Considerations: There is an IANA Considerations section.  The
draft uses "TBD", which we will tell IANA should be "RFCXXXX"

(1.j) ABNF: Checked and verified with Bill Fenner's ABNF checker

(1.k) Document Announcement:

Technical Summary

This document describes a SIP interface to VoiceXML media services.
Commonly, application servers controlling media servers use this
protocol for pure VoiceXML processing capabilities.  This protocol is an
adjunct to the full MEDIACTRL protocol and packages mechanism.

Working Group Summary

There is consensus in the WG to publish this document.

Document Quality

This document has had sufficient work group review.  In addition, it had
external review by the SIP Work Group.  There are multiple known
interoperable client and server implementations.

The document has been checked using idnits and an ABNF checker and
passed both checks. 

Personnel

Eric Burger shepherds this document, has reviewed this document, and
believes that the -01 version is ready for forwarding to the IESG for
publication.  The responsible Area Director is Jon Peterson.

Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete it.
_______________________________________________
MEDIACTRL mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mediactrl
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/mediactrl